Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Met with Bigsteve on a wet afternoon to hand over my DB-01 Durga and talk RC for an hour.

Got home with some cash burning in my pocket so dropped a couple of orders with Banzai lol!

• Like 3

Unwrapped my new speed tuned motor, search the web for paint ideas for my new paint job. Looked after some work stuff

Fitted Ti Ni shock shafts to front of slash 2wd and filled with new oil (again)

Posted a parcel to Truck Norris,

Contemplating some more painting on Big Bear, need Sat morn coffee fix first me thinks!

• Like 1

need Sat morn coffee fix first me thinks!

+ 1 on that , as i can't sleep & i got up 4am sat morning :( .

only having a few hours sleep ( or is that sheep ) :P . Now it's 444 am , got work later :(

Finished the electric conversion on my Losi LST2. Never got on with nitro so it's been sat in the shed for years since I got it cheap on eBay. Pretty much finished anyway, I still want to waterproof the receiver somehow and it only seems to be front wheel drive at the moment. I'm wondering if the former owner did it intentionally, or botched the forward only conversion, but I have a Jiffy bag full of gears that I may need to shove back in the transmission somewhere, but that's a job for another day. It runs for now, at least (and at a reasonable pace after I put a second 2S lipo in it)..

68076467e31318fb2a6ad1a679d40d25.jpg. (lunchbox included for scale, and to make up for the non-Tamiya content)

• Like 1

messed up building my rear high caps by putting the plastic piece from the small shocks in... will have to drai the oil and take it off :/ waste of time :(

Trimmed the 52 ford shell. Picked my paint scheme. .. lost a pin in the drive coupling to my yeah racing hop up.#$! $!! $!!#$!#

Bought more paint in my last remaining local model shop. Resisted buying the Super Clodbuster kit they had on the shelf. For now.

Made a start on the brat. Never really knew much about it, always seen it as overpriced.. but I was wrong.

2 bodies, one a decent hardbody. Some bearings with the kit as well as some blue bling (1 bit!) and a little bit of carbon plate too.

Loads of metal parts and a design I have not built yet so its all good. Enjoying it so far.

Might do a hilux colour combo on the hardbody and keep the Poly as a spare.

9k9so7.jpg

• Like 1

Stripped out the lower shock strut mount on my Midnight Pumpkin. She's a fast little devil :)

Dropped the hammer on a new Dark impact. So I will need to make a space on my bench. What to sell what to sell?

• Like 1

Took my youngest nephew out to a nearby parking lot to drive his buggy. His control is improving - not race grade yet by any stretch, but collisions are becoming a lot less regular.

• Like 1

The build looks great, although I admit at this stage the DF-03 wheels look a little clumsy on the chassis. It will no doubt look better once the car is painted up!

I checked in with DHL on my latest delivery... What a wait this will be!

• Like 1

Looks nice Zooter, but I have to agree with Grastens here, those DF03 wheels almost make it look like a vajra in those pics! :)

• Like 2

Today I boarded my loft. It's not Rc related but it means I can finally get to all my rc stuff.

The loft boarding is not something I want to repeat - but it is quite rewarding once finished - and it shut her indoors up.

• Like 1

as I put them on I thought wth is this a vajra ? lol, yeah I think im putting on some egress wheels tomorrow :)

Funny you should say that as I put some eggy wheels on my 2001 tonight. Gotta love the black lightweights ;)

Anyone know how to stop a triple posting phone?

Oh and I've been making a shortlist for my next 1:1 :)

Sorry to say it" I took pictures of a couple of old Willy ' s hanging out in the garden

f3fd3b80409abf2e9b82f563366660aa.jpg

541e343fc97ccd82f2e5c00549b62e87.jpg

6a418ad2abbf88155965d1bd4a8ac31f.jpg

• Like 5

Today I finished the mechanical work on my Beetle basher by replacing the cracked rear arms :

IMG_1742_zpsrblddypi.jpg

cleaning and lubing the gearbox :

IMG_1752_zpswl4ro4lf.jpg

and replacing the ancient silver can with a Sport Tuned motor :

IMG_1744_zpsvotdrpiu.jpg

Hopefully some paint will be going on the body shell tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Just some progress on the brat today, getting there

Ordered TS8 for the body.. boxart it is

2cz9bmu.jpg

think I have destroyed both my Avante and taisan shell spray jobs... don't spray in cold wet weather lads ... specially not after a few cans on the amber nectar -_-

think I have destroyed both my Avante and taisan shell spray jobs... don't spray in cold wet weather lads ... specially not after a few cans on the amber nectar -_-

Oops... move to Florida and ya never really have to worry about that one.
  • Like 1