Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

About 8 years ago I stripped the spur on my 44003 Nismo GT-R LM and after put it on the shelf without cleaning :huh:

Today took it apart and gave it a clean, everything shinny again except the motor. I'll have a look in that later.

Spent the morning out in the sunshine getting covered in rubber 😬

463F2BA6-FD49-45F8-8432-44C3F7B4E85C_zps

Completed an old Brat project I got from Grumpy Pants, quite happy:

2llfyts.jpg

Hey, that looks good in yellow! :) I don't remember seeing a Subaru like that before. Good job.

Yeah, it was a nice old rescue project on an original Brat. I'm not convinced by the colour but it went on well and is certainly a bit different.

Was good to build the re-re then the original to see the differences

Completed an old Brat project I got from Grumpy Pants, quite happy:Firebolt 15t Motor, XT12 ESC and acoms servoYeah racing shocksNew bearings installedFrog tyres front and rearUsed a spare poly body from a new Brat I builtSome new parts added but not manyTamiya Hopup Universal shaftsWheels are just primerSeems great but I had to bend the front uprights to miss the tyres and broke one, doh! So, on the look out for a new one. Also had to bend the front body mount slightly to fit, but overall seems decent. I'll get the upright sorted and give it a proper test, but a good build.It was also a bit rough at first but the upgraded universals were popping out as I think the shocks were a touch too long.2llfyts.jpg3028lmt.jpg

This is a great save, looks brilliant now and it will get enjoyed all over again.

Nicely done that man!

Spent the morning out in the sunshine getting covered in rubber 463F2BA6-FD49-45F8-8432-44C3F7B4E85C_zps

What's going on here?

I'm intrigued!

Wanted to run blitzer front tyres on my DT02 Rough Rider mainly for the look, which was good but obviously they didn't have a lot of grip. So I'm trying to improve that by cutting into the tyre ridges. After a quick test run around the garden it's now pulling wheelies... so it seems to have gone well. Now they look like this

0328849C-4594-413B-8278-3434B6C97795_zps

• Like 3

My rebuilt Sand Scorcher shocks arrived today, so they are now fitted.

I just need to fit the servo saver, front body post and a R/x and I should be back in business hopefully with this one.

I'm obviously feeling confident as I started to think about servos and radio gear for my blue Hilux.

I fluffed about for an hour just chillin in my garage, part way through a knackering week....

Fitted my MIA servo saver and even managed to bind a new r/x which surprised me!

So the Sand Scorcher is really close to being a runner again.

• Like 1

Sadly, nothing concrete. Put a bunch of stuff in various online shopping baskets, but will have to wait for payday before clicking the checkout.

tried to fit a DT-03 front suspension into a DT-01

42d3eba9b91102866c44356419da6cac.jpg

Works like a charm :)

Checked the forum about 1000 times for news about Shizuoka... :D

• Like 2

Checked Tamico 1000 times if they have the Willy wheeler in stock... <_<

• Like 1

Had to put right the directors Bentley after it went to paint and came back in a right mess. Man I wish they wouldn't use that painter as he is the worlds worst but it looks how it sursposed to know

Got burnt to crisp. Oh and did the first 2 dives of my 10 dive package

converted my Mad Bull to a double wishbone front suspension

image50.jpg

• Like 2

Well after papering and painting the kitchen today and also made a start on my sons room (which will have shelves for all my r/c cars etc) i had time to finally install a set of Carbon Fibre hassis plates to my hopped up TA03R-S :) along with a rare Tamiya Super Modified 11T motor :)

Dying to buy a brand new kit to build, any suggestions? Was thinking of a Honda Turbo Wheeler?

James

:)

Applied finishing touches to the celica body I've been putting together for a friend (he's got a 1:1 version). Pretty happy with the result, very labor intensive but definitely worthwhile.

6322d776534cb661e4b53996b54caa7f.jpg

c83f8f325e651c0c73db78b38f3a3514.jpg

• Like 10

Painted the Willy body and some accessories, as well as Willy himself