Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not cheating if you use a Tamiya chassis ;)

My RX7 is a hpi body on a TT01

IMG_20150507_005055_zps6b6a315c.jpg

Looks awesome! Ive decided to go with the HPI supra as I like the little extra details like the body kit etc just like your RX :)

• Like 1

I applied the body stickers to my daughters birthday gift. Pictures do NOT do justice on just how BRIGHT and PINK this body is! Also, these decals must be backed with super glue. :blink: I've never seen such strong adhesion in a decal before. I ruined the "Tamiya" on the wing and had to dip into my decal box for a replacement. Not exactly the same but close enough for government work I'd say. So many large decals. Getting them bubble free was a challenge but I think it turned out ok.

05.07.2015-06.00.png

Looks great! And very, very pink!

I see you also departed slightly from the instructions with regards to the placement of the decals behind the side windows. I did that on mine too, and I think it looks better that way.

What method/substance did you use to apply the decals? Window cleaner, soapy water or something else? I used soapy water and a hairdrier on mine.

Bearings are in running noises gone I put the Wheeler torque tuned motor in my Frankenstein Madbull, sport tuned in my Wheeler, the Mad bull flies like a bat of H-e-l-l......don`t know if I'll be able to keep it for myself or if the kids will steel it. Magnet mounts on shopping list....

Bearings are in running noises gone Wheeler torque tuned motor in and it flies like a bat of H-e-l-l......done know if I'll be able to keep it for myself or if the kids will steel it. Magnet mounts on shopping list....

I know exactly what you mean! I was out today with Willy, too! It is surprisingly stable, I found.

I also finished painting the bulk of the Willy figure that will be going into the Wheelie Rally - just need to sort out his pupils!

I know exactly what you mean! I was out today with Willy, too! It is surprisingly stable, I found.

I also finished painting the bulk of the Willy figure that will be going into the Wheelie Rally - just need to sort out his pupils!

I find the more I build the more they want my stuff....I must be doing something right..
  • Like 1

Indeed! I mean, if I were a kid I would totally want a Honda City Turbo... Now that I am a young adult, I can have one! :P

Despite this, I was surprisingly inconspicuous when running mine today at the school campus. Even the pretty girls (my age, I might add!) did not seem to notice the wheelies I pulled off every time they passed!

• Like 2

Indeed! I mean, if I were a kid I would totally want a Honda City Turbo... Now that I am a young adult, I can have one! :P

Despite this, I was surprisingly inconspicuous when running mine today at the school campus. Even the pretty girls (my age, I might add!) did not seem to notice the wheelies I pulled off every time they passed!

I think Wheelers are like motorcycles, popping a wheely only impresses other blokes. To pull Birds you need a puppy or a tractor with a bear on it :-p

• Like 2

Just took this for its first test run, I built it as my sons first RC, on his 6th birthday.

I did all the hop-ups recommended on this forum:

Steel bearings

Foam tyre inserts

Oil shocks

5th shock mod

Alloy body mounts

9999F977-1C16-49FB-AEFA-FDFB0FB4071B.jpg

Just got to put some lights on it now

• Like 4

Just took this for its first test run, I built it as my sons first RC, on his 6th birthday.

I did all the hop-ups recommended on this forum:

Steel bearings

Foam tyre inserts

Oil shocks

5th shock mod

Alloy body mounts

9999F977-1C16-49FB-AEFA-FDFB0FB4071B.jpg

Just got to put some lights on it now

That reminds me of the A-Team van! I love it when a plan comes together. ;)

lol every guy knows that you need to do hand break turns to impress the ladys .

Thanks for the comments on the FDS RX7, not sure you'd be so complimentary on the other body it shares with the TT01...

Ok, so it's not so bad from behind, R34 Skyline, promising...

IMG_20150508_131408_zpsmvbrfhla.jpg

but then...

IMG_20150508_131236_zpsrn9dnc37.jpg

Oh... :blink:

Not even sure how it got like this, but my son can use it for now till he's ready for the RX... in about 10 years! :lol:

I don't even think I'm ready for the RX7. :ph34r:

I cut these out, doing the wheel arches with a dremel tool. You simply couldn't achieve the same with a pair of curved scissors, can't believe I haven't used it for this purpose before.

Although there is one down side - the dust this creates. I think I have enough to fill a hoover bag - just with what I'm wearing!

DSC_0264.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great! And very, very pink!

I see you also departed slightly from the instructions with regards to the placement of the decals behind the side windows. I did that on mine too, and I think it looks better that way.

What method/substance did you use to apply the decals? Window cleaner, soapy water or something else? I used soapy water and a hairdrier on mine.

Yeah, that box art decal layout behind the side window is overly busy for my tastes. I do like the original New Scorchers faux-air vents but those stickers didn't look good at all on the pink body. I pulled off the one I sort of test-applied.

Typically I use soapy water that I mist on with an old hair detangler spay bottle. It's mist is so fine. It's like pixie breath. :rolleyes: I've not seen a spayer bottle that is it's equal. On this body though I did the "ol' peal back a corner of the paper - align the decal - affix the pealed back section - smooth on the decal whilst pulling the remaining paper" method. I think I shied away from misting it because of all the body contours. I was afraid the decals wouldn't stick well enough if misted. Maybe yes, maybe no but in the end I think it turned out pretty ok. Well, that silver Tamiya on the wing does bug me a bit.

I so have Tamiya OCD. :blink:

Sold my Boomerang :-(

Ouch. Sorry to hear that

• Like 1

I cut these out, doing the wheel arches with a dremel tool. You simply couldn't achieve the same with a pair of curved scissors, can't believe I haven't used it for this purpose before.

Although there is one down side - the dust this creates. I think I have enough to fill a hoover bag - just with what I'm wearing!

DSC_0264.jpg

Brilliant aren't they? I was late to the dremel party too as I only got mine for Xmas.

Got about a thousand attachments but only use about 3 :lol:

Spray painted a grasshopper body and a fighter RX body in matt black :)

o878yr.jpg

Result:

302rhc0.jpg

I don't know why Tamiya never released the RX in black in the first place, it looks like it was made to be that colour to me. They need to release a "black edition" - maybe with gold plated rims too :D

• Like 2

I impatiently checked the mail box over and over......nothing.....

Made the mistake of asking my five year old do you like these wheels......8ff934a31ddf0c2048b76a3d0747bec1.jpg

Or these wheels.......

0f5a33f6e88b850e586f6a6fdb569242.jpg And of course he picked the ones I'll have to buy.

The top picture....

I was wondering what ever happened with your Unimog build, Paul. That Mercedes look fantastic, and I presume it performs accordingly. Awesome.

That Mercedes looks heavy-duty. I like it.

Today I'm exhausted having finished my daughters play house in time for summer. I was going to do some RC masking and painting but my fingers feel like jelly - so I'm just going to have a few beers and sit and play some video games haha!

Just bought a chrome midnight pumpkin, and a whole load of upgrades for it, after spending a couple of hours at the park watching my son thrash his lunchbox round the box track. Now I can join in the fun....!!

• Like 3

took the Avante bs out for some bashing, couple flips/crashes but nothing broken (apart from a cracked wing / scratched body) so mucho funz.

I think its doing very well as a basher so far, if this were my DF03 I think there would have been breakages.

Another one from the wish list.

17315541770_cc473866c7_c.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have the colors to paint the driver.

To compensate I started preparing the AUDI R8 shell. :)