Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got this a month or two ago, was cheap and looking sorry for itself but in the end it was pretty solid. Only needed minor bits that we all have spare and a clean/rebuild.

Ordered a new body for it, the one that came wasn't bad condition wise but was painted one colour over the whole thing, including the windows :)

I have a real soft spot for these, so simple plus a smooth belt drive. Surprisingly the gearbox was mint internally, overall, well chuffed.

2wno5es.jpg

One of my favorites!! Was my first competitive RC back in the day, looking forward to seeing with its new paint job :-)

• Like 1

Spent the best part of the day (crazy!!) painting the window trims, bonnet pins, locks, headlight backing and rear cluster reflective paint. Did a few bits not in the picture, driver is coming along and rear lenses are painted, just need to paint the trims on them. I airbrushed all of that on so had to do a fair bit of re-masking!

med_gallery_28308_3928_412709.jpg

med_gallery_28308_3928_868082.jpg

med_gallery_28308_3928_413957.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Dorvack,

I have actually been conscious and sprayed the inside of the shell, (rear red (so that the arches look consistent when viewed through them on the car) and black around the inside of the window cut-outs) still some tidying to be done (with a clean mask line and isopropyl wipes) but for example you can see the cut off between the red and white internally is defined. There is a bit of a clean up required on the white getting any overspray off but that is probably as much as I will do. When the windows go in and its on the chassis it should be fine, if not then I'll do a bit more.

I'm a little OCD and as I'm getting more practice with spraying I'm getting a bit more adventurous and more OCD lol. This is now the third shell I have done since getting the airbrush kit. The first one (blue Mad Bull) was a disaster, but it served as a great practice shell off which I have learnt a lot and a barometer of what not to do and I use it now as the dummy shell for any new techniques I'm going to try. The second was my Son's green Mad Bull shell I posted a couple of days ago (with the decals clear coated also) and now this one. The Bruiser shell is the one which I want to be really perfect and why I got the airbrush in the first place. It's painted but not been detailed or clear coated yet. I wanted to see how the chrome alclad paint came out on the City Turbo first (headlights/rear clusters) before trying it on the Bruiser's 'chrome' weather strips over the doors. Apparently the Alclad chrome shouldn't be clear coated but it has worked fine on the steering wheel which I have clear coated.

I'm hoping the decals will arrive this week so I can get started on adding the Marlboro graphics. I've been really enjoying the process but also wracked with guilt at the time I'm spending on it and not with the family, but they're all happy doing their bits too but it's so easy to kill 5-6 hours on the trot at the weekend on Saturday and Sunday and there's not really much you can do half an hour on, leave and return later for another short burst and the bits that you can do like that I tend to do weekday evenings! Still it'll be family holiday soon so I'll get quality time with them then ;)

Took the Scorcher out for a quick run again yesterday, grabbed a few little videos, tried out iMovie... Really thinkin about putting the gopro to use soon... The one thing that burns me is that youtube cut the start of the video off.. oh well

• Like 1

Scored another 2.4.0.8.2.6.

now I can make a dual motor chassis fly :lol:

masked up and started to paint a madcap body

And fitted a tv in the log cabin

Added new pics in log cabin thread

• Like 1

Assembled a flatpack desk for my nephew - it will be his new RC worktable, as model cars left in pieces on the family dining table are starting to cause issues...

Tore down a DB01 ready for a cleaning. Threw the chassis away because previous owner had hacked it to bits. Previous owner had also replaced most of the screws with hex heads, and since I have no hex driver, removing them was not easy with the usual wrench.

I could buy a hex head screw driver, but I'll probably just get the original screws. I've never really had a problem with cross headed screws, when using the proper screwdrivers.

After getting some parts for the DF03 I was able to swap out the front one way bearing and put in a proper diff. I also fitted a hi torque servo saver, to hopefully tighten things up a bit. The buggy has a tendency to wander.

And speaking of tightening things up, I shimmed the life out of my Madcap runner, putting shims on all suspension pins, between hubs, arms, carriers, wherever a shim could be used, it was, including behind the front wheel bearings and inside the rear hubs between the bearings and drive shafts.

I also ballraced the hub carriers. Why not?

Got this a month or two ago, was cheap and looking sorry for itself but in the end it was pretty solid. Only needed minor bits that we all have spare and a clean/rebuild.

Ordered a new body for it, the one that came wasn't bad condition wise but was painted one colour over the whole thing, including the windows :)

I have a real soft spot for these, so simple plus a smooth belt drive. Surprisingly the gearbox was mint internally, overall, well chuffed.

2wno5es.jpg

What car is that? I used to have one of those!

Since Traxxas models are RTR, first thing I do is sell off the Nimh batteries that come with them. I've been meaning to flick off the 4200mah that came with my slash, but just realised the makeshift "camelion hobby special" battery I made last time that's in my Baja 5B was toast and since I don't have a Lipo that fits, I dismantled the 7 cell Traxxas pack and made it into a 5 cell 6.0v hump pack. Saved me some money! :D

Replaced the tired no-name motors in my V-24 with a pair of shiny new Graupner Speed 400s. It should really shift now, judging by how quickly it emptied the bathwater all over the floor during a full-power test! :)

This is a boat right? :P

Paint and decals on this Madcap

***** shell and repo decals

img30018_23062015203014_1.jpg

• Like 5

Lots and lots of masking.

Bought a few shells for projects over the years using their 7-digit part number so without window masks. Cue lots of Tamiya masking tape and hours of applying it! Nearly there.

What car is that? I used to have one of those!

Its a Schumacher Club 10, I believe this is the first version with the belt drive and alloy shocks.

• Like 1

Lots and lots of masking.

Bought a few shells for projects over the years using their 7-digit part number so without window masks. Cue lots of Tamiya masking tape and hours of applying it! Nearly there.

I hate masking too. I'm in the same situation - plenty of bodies without a lick of paint between them.

This is a boat right? :P

Yes indeed!

Launch%20%20first%20run%20028_zpsidneco5

Mine is the red and silver one. The silver and black one is my wife's.

So everytime I try to load video the app crashes. Last night I took all the runners in my collection out onto the black top. Oowee talk about letting them fly....lol

We just had the court we live in re finished, so perfectly smooth drifting

I also took my brushless tt01 challenger out for donuts a4e7ad682fd3687f140c01bd9181a1aa.jpg

• Like 1

Installed my TXT axles on my clod, installed the rear steer lockout, calibrated the esc.

Still waiting on Proline Clod Tires, steering servo, front axle mount steering kit and still looking for the "right shell".

Within a few weeks my Thundertech Centurian (LTD) build will be completed, had the model since 2011 sitting in a box . Have recently rebuilt it from the ground up, bought second hand but mint new built.

Been off with an injury from work, so had time to get cracking on a few models, next up, a mint original Mountaineer unpainted, just dug it out today.

So, what have you done today ?

:P

• Like 2

TodayI bought a spare TT-02 chassis and another Tamiya T-shirt.

You've got to wear your colours. :)

Dieback.

I think auto correct has done something fancy with your name :P

• Like 1

Yes indeed!

Launch%20%20first%20run%20028_zpsidneco5

Mine is the red and silver one. The silver and black one is my wife's.

They look like Cylons from the new Battlestar show. :o That's not a bad thing.

AAaaaaaargh

Was painting this evening, all going absolutely as planned.

Hard plastic body accessories were ready for a clear coat...

Sprayed the can... no pressure. It's de-pressurised at some point :(

Now I have to wait til tomorrow to put the clear coat on and finish, further delaying putting any decals on :(