Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bought a whole lot of hobby products in my first visit to my LHS since they moved. Some interesting literature is within the haul, including the appearance of the WR-02 Willy's Wheeler which preceded the official Honda City Turbo re-release!

All this has allowed me to finish preparation (to a satisfactory extent) of my Wheelie Rally project, exactly one year to the day that I began making the first cuts! Exciting times, with pictures hopefully to follow :)

Oh, and at that hobby shop are several sprues with TL-01LA suspension arms!

affad490ef1efcebebeb97f424277d34.jpg

Super fast Runner, torque tuned outta my honda city w/ Traxxas xl5 esc goes like stink.... love it. Couple of parts and finished. Oh driver is drying can you guess who!

I've been putting R/C bits on eBay, it is so boring.

Test, clean, list, sell, pack and then to the P.O.

I'll be pleased when I have lot less stuff to sell, I know for sure I'll have some time to enjoy the hobby for one thing.

Demolished a Lancia Rally headlight drilling a hole for a 5 mm LED unit. No idea how I managed it the first time, then!

Others were drilled to take 3 mm LEDs successfully, and the old taillight lenses were removed successfully with a hammer!

Now I am designing a paint scheme before departing for a cousin's birthday party - the one with the Neo Scorcher! Willy will pay a visit, plans permitting ;)

I celebrated the 4th of July the all American way...I went online shopping :) Ordered some parts for my Dark Impact project:

GT tuned motor

DF-03 heat sink bar set

DF-03 T-bone racing front bumper

DF-02 universals

Ordered a GF-01 Toyota Land Cruiser, a bunch of 1150 bearings, and a set of yellow CVA shocks. The plan is to build very light, use soft springs, a small, low kv outrunner, and a small LiPo. Hope to get a cross-over of a wheelie chassis and a crawler that will be able to negotiate the slope in front of our house.

affad490ef1efcebebeb97f424277d34.jpg

Super fast Runner, torque tuned outta my honda city w/ Traxxas xl5 esc goes like stink.... love it. Couple of parts and finished. Oh driver is drying can you guess who!

Willy?

• Like 1

Ordered a GF-01 Toyota Land Cruiser, a bunch of 1150 bearings, and a set of yellow CVA shocks. The plan is to build very light, use soft springs, a small, low kv outrunner, and a small LiPo. Hope to get a cross-over of a wheelie chassis and a crawler that will be able to negotiate the slope in front of our house.

Get some beadlock rims and soft proline flat irons, put weight in the wheels and there is your crawler.

Get some beadlock rims and soft proline flat irons, put weight in the wheels and there is your crawler.

Thanks. I did consider crawler tires, but including beadlock rims may just topple my budget. Could I use Proline 1.9"s with any of my normal Tamiya rims (dark impact, wild willy, super fighter buggy, etc)?

Finished the front hex hub conversion on my DT-02 cage racer, looks awesome with FTX Vantage wheels on!

78950A3C-CDE7-4BA4-9A9A-903C70259996_zps

5DCF457F-303E-4A1E-BCBA-B009F02B5C2F_zps

E0AF5846-4F6C-4F6B-B85A-15EFC57BAB7D_zps

• Like 5

What did the conversion entail? F103GT uprights?

The GPM hex adapters I bought don't work well in practice.

Essentially yes, I used F103GT uprights however lots and lots of mods required. Build thread on its way!

Thanks. I did consider crawler tires, but including beadlock rims may just topple my budget...

You mean you still have one of those? :P Mine vanished long ago!

As such, some pictures of my recent acquisitions:

2v9dw07.jpg

And the appearance of the pre-official re-release Willy's Wheeler on a modified WR-02 in a Japanese RC magazine from 2000!

s6ogph.jpg

A long weekend from work has given me time to tackle my Wheelie Rally - it remains far from perfect, but given the beating this car may sustain and the effect of diminishing returns I am content with a shell that remains in one piece:

2wp4aro.jpg

nmm5n5.jpg

More on that in a build thread!

• Like 1

Wild Senna body nigh on done, just going to shoot some clear over the decals now to complete.

med_gallery_28308_3928_1977929.jpg

• Like 3

So, after breaking yet another set of body mounts on my Midnight Pumpkin, I decided enough was enough. These mounts are just pathetic....!!!

I bought a set of lunchbox alloy mounts and decided to fit a Tamiya Mini body shell to it. I also had a set of lunchbox decals left over from my sons van, so I did a lunchbox tribute....

307FE52E-5237-491B-A214-EFD50B7537DE.jpg

• Like 9

Wow! That Mini looks great on there, the wheelbase is spot on!

I'm sure it's been done before but I don't recall anyone ever doing one.

Love that MiniBox Syholl.

Today I was at the Capel Military Vehicle show just south of Dorking. Had a great time, it's more than double the size it was last year! Met up with the owner of Dorking models who my brother knows very well. One thing lead to another and before I knew it we were in the back of his 71 year old Willis Jeep bombing around the arena! 😜

Me and my brother are thinking about doing an RC stall there next year to show our cars and military stuff 😉

• Like 1

Did a bunch of work to our DT-02 Desert Gator.

1. rebuilt the rear shocks and went back to stock springs from blue (hard) springs
  2. repaired the steering arms by replacing the damaged captured ball ends servo side and installed low friction ball cups wheel side
  3. swapped out the AKA Vektor clay compound tires for the stock front rib and rear spike tires for improved traction on the very loamy practice track
  4. replaced the Sport Tuned motor with an Atomik 17.5 Red sensored brushless motor

07.05.2015-15.38.png

Just need to wait for the bullet connectors to arrive so I can connect it up to the ESC.