Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see Senna's helmet in the background, any closer pics of it??

What interior Are you using?

I see Senna's helmet in the background, any closer pics of it??

The Cockpit is the Tamiya Hop Up 54157, it fits perfect to the NSX Body. And yes, the Driver is Ayrton Senna, Honda F1 Pilot and NSX Test Driver.

img_20150712_18581347gzudu.jpg

• Like 1

I found an old 1/12th static kit of a Datsun 240Z in a collectors shop in Worthing for £15. It needs a lot of work and a lot more than my levels can probably afford it, but I'll give it a good try. I've so far glued a crack in the roof and one A-pillar, reassembled the shock absorbers for one side, but I need to scratch build a rear wishbone as its missing (the only part missing that I can see too!) Some instructions would be a good find too, I think it was originally issued in 1972 and seems to be a rally variant. Pics to follow......

My 9 Y.O daughter and I took the recently refreshed Blackfoot out for a thrash around the garden and then to a car park.

It was treated to some bearing, a replacement servo, brushless power and GHz radio set, I spent less than £4.00 as nearly everything was in my boxes of spares! I'm very happy with this : )

Still all works and works a bit better than it use too.

A lot faster and a bit of a handful, but we had fun ; )

• Like 2

Took time to paint the Fuchs wheels and ran the martini Porsche Carreras..

ac361777ab369244dc3ce45bac077e92.jpg

These exhaust just looks so funny on this... Need some skinny tubing..

074d062f04e25f42bb496c8300b6200e.jpg

• Like 5

A fabulous-looking Porsche, and I bet these cars look even better in motion!

I found that out today with my Wheelie Rally, which finally got its driver and a means to mount the shell thanks to some Gorilla Tape and plastic sheet. The systems are incredibly sketchy, but it all held up to a sedate test drive! I am quite content with its present proof-of-concept state:

2a9nz9l.jpg

Welcome to our world, Willy's Wheelie Rally :)

• Like 2

I've apparently gotten a flat, actually 2 of them. The rear stock tires on my daughters TT-02B Pink Neo Scorcher have flat spots. The tires didn't have this profile when I built them up weeks ago. We've run these tires once two weekends ago. I was working on her car last night and discovered this:

07.15.2015-11.43.png

There are no foam inserts and the tires are glued onto the rims with CVA tire glue. The fronts are normal. Only the rears have these depressions. :wacko: My inclination is to drill a hole or two into the rim to let the air pressure equalize. Before I do that I wanted to get some opinions. What would you do if these were your rear tires?

Just simple bits today, cleaned up and checked over our Blackfoot after last nights fun. It's all ready for action again now.

Unpacked our used GF01 and checked it over.

I've got some cheap ESC in my spares kit, so I just need a R/X to get it moving, I'll clean it up and tidy some of the scuffs up as well.

Drill a small hole in the center of the tire itself, not the wheel.

Not putting foam in the tires may have been a mistake...

Dorvack.

The instructions don't say to put foam in them. :o I'll drill a hold in the tire center using the smallest drill bit I have. Thanks Dorvack.

I've apparently gotten a flat, actually 2 of them. The rear stock tires on my daughters TT-02B Pink Neo Scorcher have flat spots. The tires didn't have this profile when I built them up weeks ago. We've run these tires once two weekends ago. I was working on her car last night and discovered this:

07.15.2015-11.43.png

There are no foam inserts and the tires are glued onto the rims with CVA tire glue. The fronts are normal. Only the rears have these depressions. :wacko: My inclination is to drill a hole or two into the rim to let the air pressure equalize. Before I do that I wanted to get some opinions. What would you do if these were your rear tires?

Was the car stored with its weight resting on the tyres, or did they go like this by themselves? If the former, it might be an idea to store the car with a box or something under the chassis so the wheels are in the air. If the latter, this is a bit of a mystery.

Either way, yes I would follow Dorvack's advice. With no foams, vent holes in the rims would let sand and dirt accumulate in the tyre, throwing it out of balance. With a vent hole in the tyre itself, dirt should be flung out as the car drives along, rather than accumulating in the tyre.

I made a stealth order, COD to my work place.

To keep the wife from knowing. Who wears the pants in this house..........

• Like 3

I made a stealth order, COD to my work place.

To keep the wife from knowing. Who wears the pants in this house..........

How does that song go!!! I'm the man of this house! When you're not around..... I'll come home whenever I want.......to sleep on the couch...lol.

My new Porsche is a stealth order( probably because it's car 18 thou) and all my orders come to work... Lol.

• Like 2

Eh.

Sunny%20King.jpg

Sunny%20King2.jpg

Sunny%20King3.jpg

Sunny%20King4.jpg

Not sure I like how the wheelbase extension turned out (much different than in my head) but it's the best I could do with the lexan. This truck has an odd wheelbase.

Sunny%20King5.jpg

• Like 1

An interesting idea, lengthening the body wheelbase. Personally though, I don't think it would have looked bad with the stock wheelbase, especially if the rear axle was more-or-less under the wheelarches, and the front one protruded forwards. This seems to be an approach taken by many fullsize modded/monster trucks, and one I used with my own Sunny pickup model.

20131222_144422_zpsjewpb4ot.jpg

I've been staring at my mf01 trying to work out what style to do the shell.. I'm thinking rally raid lite.. Probably

An interesting idea, lengthening the body wheelbase. Personally though, I don't think it would have looked bad with the stock wheelbase, especially if the rear axle was more-or-less under the wheelarches, and the front one protruded forwards. This seems to be an approach taken by many fullsize modded/monster trucks, and one I used with my own Sunny pickup model.

20131222_144422_zpsjewpb4ot.jpg

Well I do have two other shells I can try with if I'm feeling ambitious.

@dorvack

Dampers and steering hop ups, some of the stuff from that site you linked

thrcracer. + some other tools etc.

Odered from champ.

Was the car stored with its weight resting on the tyres, or did they go like this by themselves? If the former, it might be an idea to store the car with a box or something under the chassis so the wheels are in the air. If the latter, this is a bit of a mystery.

Either way, yes I would follow Dorvack's advice. With no foams, vent holes in the rims would let sand and dirt accumulate in the tyre, throwing it out of balance. With a vent hole in the tyre itself, dirt should be flung out as the car drives along, rather than accumulating in the tyre.

I keep the cars in my JConcepts hauler bag so I guess that's not a good idea then, eh?

2056_2-300x199.jpg

I did drill a small hole in the tire and they reinflated so I guess I'm GTG.

Storing in the bag is fine, as long as the weight of the car isn't constantly on the wheels. Some people take the wheels off for storage, others prop up the chassis so the wheels are not bearing any load.

Storing in the bag is fine, as long as the weight of the car isn't constantly on the wheels. Some people take the wheels off for storage, others prop up the chassis so the wheels are not bearing any load.

Wheels off in the drawers it is. Thanks!

Effigy3

Did you glue the tires on a warm day? If they were air tight, they would suck in when it gets cold and the air contracts. You've already drilled a hole, so it's too late, but it would have been interesting to start heating it with a hair dryer to see if it popped back up :)

Glad you got it taken care of.

I was playing in the garden today.

Childrens slide in the garden makes for a great drag brake test station :lol:

Turns out the drag brake in the Hobbywing 1060 is effective, but not massively strong. It will just about hold the Jimny MF01X, but the CC01 Pajero build is quite different - despite the really sticky tyres.

One major contributor to this is the weight. Curious, the kitchen scales came out.

Jimny MF01X assembled (minus battery) inc. all electronics - stock - weighs 1.2kg

The definitely not stock CC01 Pajero with its' lead weighted chassis, Junfac goodies, RCModelex Steel roll cage / roof rack and weighted wheels?

2.9kgs! :o

• Like 1