Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An interesting idea, lengthening the body wheelbase. Personally though, I don't think it would have looked bad with the stock wheelbase, especially if the rear axle was more-or-less under the wheelarches, and the front one protruded forwards. This seems to be an approach taken by many fullsize modded/monster trucks, and one I used with my own Sunny pickup model.

20131222_144422_zpsjewpb4ot.jpg

So, If anyone ever describes you as anything less than a genius, they're bald faced liars. Your idea was the catalyst I needed to try another paintjob on one of the other bodies. I've been meaning to try full gunmetal for some time now but have always chickened out before. The burgundy stripes were inspired a bit by BRE stripes.

gunmetalking.jpg

• Like 4

Found a hobby shop in Vancouver CA while on holiday with my wife, dropped in to have a look, they had a Type 2 on sale, so bought it and a fine pin vice for my micro drills.

image.jpg1_zpsujph3iu2.jpg

• Like 2

Decaled a shell to fit on the M05 chassis :P

sESZCb0.jpg

• Like 11

I couldn't sleep last night so I spent an hour tinkering in the garage with my new to me secondhand GF01.

I really quite like it, I replaced some black plastic parts with new items out of my spares, cleaned everything up and tidied up the wheels.

All just getting fettling, nothing that's was a must do, just things that are nice to do as the new owner.

I'll order a cheap r/x for it today and before you know it we will have a runner to enjoy and a new showroom entry.

Getting closer to finishing this body for my TA05. Months in the making only working about 10 minutes at a time LOL. Will be using bronze hpi TE37 wheels, just waiting on new tires.

fea918e5fd783388284a45d97002e1f0.jpg

Also tried pairing my new spektrum dx4c to my existing sr301 receiver, the site claims the dx4c is backwards compatible. A closer look in the owners manual and it's only backwards compatible to DSM2 receivers. Annoying, but not a deal breaker. Now I can have two runners going at a time!

• Like 3

My GF01 is clean and back together and waiting on a R/x arriving now before we can use it.

Gave my work space a tidy up and put the HPI Savage X on the bench to see if I can decide on whether to keep it or put it on eBay and sell it on : (

Started playing with an idea I've been thinking about for a while, shortening an old RC10 chassis to fit a Sand Scorcher body.

DSCF1773.JPG

Basically just un-bent the nose plate a bit to around 15 degrees kick-up instead of 30, slid it back an inch, and drilled one new hole just to see how everything lined up...

DSCF1772.JPG

Not bad! I'll have to figure out a steering linkage (probably just direct, if the bump steer isn't too bad), and drill/tap the other two holes, and probably trim back the tub sides a bit for steering link clearance. But this is a total beater, built from spares and leftovers, so I don't feel bad about chopping it up.

• Like 2

Just made a very rash purchase. Current GBP to Euro exchange rate + Tamico.de = Bruiser for under £395 (plus 13 euro postage but I bought other parts at same time)!

There are currently 4 Bruisers now left. Current rate exchange is 1.44 euros to the pound but your card company might charge you exchange rate fee (HSBC Visa charges 2.75% debit or 2.99% credit card). I ballsed up and went with paypal which cost me £3 more than had I gone with Visa (ended up with just under 1.39 euro rate) but by then my basket was locked into paypal and my basket was allocated against it and I couldn't go back to the Visa option.

I also bought the slipper clutch, driver, black bumpers, Junfac prop shafts front and rear and some gmade wheels/tyres and other parts for my WT01 basher. Although I have a Bruiser already, it would never be run in anger, having another one will hopefully allow me to really enjoy it without worrying too much about trashing it! Also bought a spare shell for 35 euros (front and rear clams only) I didn't get all the other body parts as the cost adds right up.

Unless Tamico have a sale, or the Euro really tanks, is there a better time to buy one of these 4 remaining beauties?? ;)

• Like 3

Spent a nice and relaxing morning at the San Cristóbal in the usual Wheely King hard, hard-bash...

ZRTODFn.jpg

And been given this fantastic Grasshopper reissue body. A perfect candidate for restoration! Let's see if I can save a decal or two from it before the brake fluid goes through with the magic trick ;) If I can get the stripes off of it to work again then I know I'll be the happiest camper ever, haha. :D

Fsv0puy.jpg

It's been over two years since I sold my Grasshopper and I've missed it, so it's great to have a chance to have another one, even if the body isn't really the original.

You all have a great Sunday! :)

• Like 2

That shell looks in very decent order apart from the awful blue lights!,

Bagged myself a second M03 today, a black one. Was this originally a Mini? I thought they were grey, my other one certainly is! Either way she needs some work but not much. After a strip down she needs new wheels and tyres, bearings and electrics and then a bodyshell. When all the parts are here I'll be giving it to my Son to build himself, his first on road car.

10428035_10153073738916158_1101430250730

11752427_10153073739906158_5394985756025

11700930_10153073741541158_4822304255716

• Like 1

That shell looks in very decent order apart from the awful blue lights!,

When I first say it I was surprised by how nice it looked all red. The problem is when you check it closely you can notice some imperfections in the paint. And yeah, those lamps in blue... Although that metallic blue color is indeed very nice, but definitely not for the lamps. And the driver was painted with the same blue. I'll try to save at least the stripes and then I'll go the brake fluid road with it to finally make it look my way B)

By the way, what you did painting that Bruiser is great ;)

Bagged myself a second M03 today, a black one. Was this originally a Mini? I thought they were grey, my other one certainly is! Either way she needs some work but not much. After a strip down she needs new wheels and tyres, bearings and electrics and then a bodyshell. When all the parts are here I'll be giving it to my Son to build himself, his first on road car.

10428035_10153073738916158_1101430250730

Nice specimen and it's definitely a Mini. Good thing! You won't need much to make it look fantastic. Keep the pictures coming as you go working on it. :)

Thanks Mongoose, still a few more coats of lacquer required on the Bruiser. The sparkelescent paint has some quite large pigments etc in it. I really should have used a clear autoair water based build up to smooth over the paint before lacquer to keep the amount of clear coats down. It's getting better with each clear coat but it still has a bit of texture. Must have about 4-5 coats of clear on now! I reckon another 2 at least required! Still, it's an ongoing learning process.

I had a red grasshopper shell on my original Hornet many moons ago lol! I have no idea what happened to that shell!!

Put the top coat of paint of my Tamiya Lunchbox :)

Should be dry tonight for re fitting and photos.

Busy weekend for me, sneak peek of today's work-

11214123_10153076483031158_2114646632270

Reminds me of the ''belly'' paintjob for the early 90's Snake Bite monster truck. What is it that you're trying to do with that Buggy?

Made some good progress on the interior for my Warsteiner M3 Evo, hopefully have it all done in next couple of weeks after hols.

Built our second DB01RR.

Tried the first one last week and the kids liked it alot.

Now waiting for the RRR to hit the shops :)

I took the King Cab and Holiday Buggy for a small test drive around the block, both will be long term keepers and runners I think.

Photographed the Savage which a step close to it going on eBay.

Put the Scorcher back on the bench and took the torsion bar off and so I can fit the new R.C Channel shocks and put the bulk of it back together next time round.

Just out of curiosity I opened up an old hump back and then threw it in the bin.