Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reminds me of the ''belly'' paintjob for the early 90's Snake Bite monster truck. What is it that you're trying to do with that Buggy?

It was an experiment really, I wanted a kind of snakeskin look and remember somebody using a fishnet stocking to get that kind of effect. It worked ok, certainly brighter than the matt black the car was this morning!

Spent the evening sanding off the horrid ridges on the bonnets of 2 x Wild Willy 2 kits I'm building. I've taken the bonnet down to 1200 grit and given them a coat of primer. Next will be a full body scrub with the 600 and another coat of primer

Tried for hours to program the 3rd channel as a 3 position switch on my new Tactic TTX300 2.4 ghz radio. It's all done with analog trims, I gave up. Switched to a 4 channel Futaba 4YWD 2.4ghz radio built for the Mountaineer/Bruiser.

Now, I've discovered there is a slight shifting problem in the original transmission, not sure what the fix will be, no diagram included with the Mountaineer assembly manual. (This is an original, not re release).

Got my driver figure primed and glued together to. Opened my RC4WD bed cap, then re boxed it, not happy with it but will use it anyway.

Tomorrow, hope to lay down some colour on the Mountaineer body :).

Also, blew my r/c budget for the year and won a NIB Tamiya Mountaineer Kit #58111 on Ebay as a birthday present for myself.

So, what have you done today ?

Sky track in Sudtirol, Alto Adige, Italy. Extreme.... downhill :lol::P:lol: with my DT03 Neo Fighter Buggy. Missed just one spring retainer on rear drivetrain.

• Like 2

Showed my mate some pics of my recently-completed Petronas SLS. Almost succeeded in persuading him he needs to add a touring car to this fleet...

Finished my 801xt brushless conversion. IT hauls!!!! 1/8 Castle Sidewinder 2200kv. LOVE it.

Tamiya should have done that.

They probably will. We have seen the Unimog, Land Cruisers, Bronco and Wrangler shells on CC-01 and CR-01 chassis. They have already put the Amarok on the CC-01, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a CR-01 version soon.

Finished the body work on the monster beetle so it is

Now finally ready for paint. Also fitted new tyres.

4DBCE63F-54D9-45F5-8DE9-28A88C89E2B4_zps

• Like 4

Wanted to test one of my batteries so an ideal time to run my slow battery killer - a stock clod [emoji2]

4c94952390162a58ae67d38d12763193.jpg

ff5d5d9ff34648f7ab6ef062c6733c39.jpg

• Like 6

Blew up my new Axial AE-5 esc after soldering new motor and battery wires.

Installed it in the new Mountaineer then watched it smoke and sizzle when I plugged in the lipo, oops must have crossed some wires.

Now on the hunt for a new esc, think I'll stick with the Tekin FXR I like B).

Blew up my new Axial AE-5 esc after soldering new motor and battery wires.

Noooooo! Hopefully there was no collateral damage???

Looked on Tamico today, they have a special on Black Metallic Hornets, £50 (72euro)!! That's crazy, but I have 3 alread and really don't need to fuel this addiction further regardless of how good a price that is and my large soft spot for Hornets!!! If that was running when I placed my order the other day, not so sure I could have resisted!

Looked on Tamico today, they have a special on Black Metallic Hornets, £50 (72euro)!! That's crazy, but I have 3 alread and really don't need to fuel this addiction further regardless of how good a price that is and my large soft spot for Hornets!!! If that was running when I placed my order the other day, not so sure I could have resisted!

Well, yesterday night I got the same temptation and...couldn't resist. Tamiya Hornet Black metallic for 72 euros is on its way home. I hope I have enough time to find the way to explain to my wife before DPD is delivering the parcel.

Tell her you got if free from loyalty reward points for all the money you've spent with them... Oh, wait a minute....

• Like 1

Got started on my DT03 neo fighter build while waiting on more parts (preaching to the choir?). My first buggy. I'm really enjoying the build thus far. With the exception of trimming the body. I'll do 10 touring cars before trimming a slim, heavily contoured buggy body again! Anyways, "accidentally" got a few hop ups for it. I really thought I'd do a box stock build and go from there, who was I kidding? Aluminum servo holder, turnbuckle set, carbon front tower and suspension shafts. For now haha..

485aa064eafc1b3644a10214a8bd14b3.jpg

• Like 2

Rigged lights on my Wheelie Rally:

29gn6gj.jpg

Unfortunately, my white 3 mm LEDs did not work, so I used the orange turn-signal units. The result is a little odd, but it works. It also allowed me to finish it up ;)

Last night I started the body on my Porsche43a97f18493923f23349f9914107f497.jpg

Wasn't pleased when I noticed the pre drilled post holes, thanks but no thanks.

Tonight I figured since I couldn't paint I would just assemble the rear diff, yeah right found some sealed bearings and

ta -daa c524ae31fe2c53bce5a0d69849f4c4a5.jpg32f45e074b31278d0672db547c2c3456.jpgand thanks to a brushless capable esc I get to use this lovely little brushless motor I've had lying in the drawer..oh oh.

• Like 2