Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Harvested" a bearing set for my en-route DT02, from front wheels of seldom-run cars and retired runners. Saves me having to buy bearings now; I'll replace them later when I have a little spare cash. (Anybody else do that?)

Yes. If a particular model has something that my latest one needs I'll take it there and then. I'll replace the butchered ones parts at a later date. :)

"Harvested" a bearing set for my en-route DT02, from front wheels of seldom-run cars and retired runners. Saves me having to buy bearings now; I'll replace them later when I have a little spare cash. (Anybody else do that?)

I'm actually thinking I paid good money for bearings to put in an srb I ran twice and I'm now making it a shelfer...what am I thinking....so im going to go put all the metal bushings back in that sucker. If I decide to run my ranger it will be gentle enough to not warrant the bearings.

"Harvested" a bearing set for my en-route DT02, from front wheels of seldom-run cars and retired runners. Saves me having to buy bearings now; I'll replace them later when I have a little spare cash. (Anybody else do that?}

Yeah used to, Pumpboxes HMR/King cabs, Blackfoot/Monster beetles were always ripe for the pickings. I usually buy them in 100 so it's rare now for me to run out. Heh, I thought I was the only one who robbed my other rc's!

Today I got my Baja 5b back together and going again. Been a year since I ran it last, fuel lines had hardened and split (leaking fuel everywhere). I also have a new body to paint for it as I rushed my original one and it's always annoyed me, so hoping to tackle that this weekend :)

th_20150731_164722_zpsy2zvpxar.jpg

I did that when I swapped out metal-shielded ball bearings on front wheels for my runners with rubber-sealed types. I had a WR-02 gearbox that needed some ball bearings, so the former found a new home rather quickly!

I apologize for doing much the same thing, for I am still obsessed with my Wheelie Rally and photography practice:

zuk221.jpg

1zel8jm.jpg

343t27s.jpg

zv1tnp.jpg

With work occupying most of my time and a lot of local playgrounds and parks undergoing construction, it is nice to have a basher that can take on the grass in the yard!

• Like 6

Had some problems with my 4ws on the cr01, i have been avoiding the problem for months, and haven't touched the car at all this time. Took me 5min to replace the servo and all back to normal again :-)

So the waterproof servos from hobby king ain't that waterproof..

So between big spends, I figured I need to keep busy so I bought a 1:24 static 55 ford f100 to occupy my down time. It amazes me how much of a paint crazy glue is, I n=d to get some proper modeling glue...first static model in 30 years....4e883e8f184be3dbc09bf4f53ac3c369.jpg1637327a399084f5eb90736d520237ab.jpgd029d8fbe39f074cbe805e5a516c8fdf.jpge0882bda3ac55c5ff22370f95759e128.jpg still some fiddly bits to do

• Like 2

Installed the Monster of all hop up drive shafts, what a difference like captain America before the serum to this..

ecc55f4bbb98639617a3682ab4b95922.jpg

Also installed the balance of the bearings I was missing.. Front hubs, and lights I Should be done.

Nice looking pick up really like the shade of red you have used did you use super glue to fix your screen in with

Today I replaced the original shocks to my DT03

DT-03_00041_zpsbikzvvzq.jpg

DT-03_00042_zpsbkfipzde.jpg

originally in a Ansmann X2 pro buggy kit (TeamC TC02 copy).

• Like 3

Today I painted the grill on the Blackfoot (still have the lettering and window surround to do).

4B0CEB37-09EE-4894-8360-BFB5F99A6A34_zps

• Like 3

Nice looking pick up really like the shade of red you have used did you use super glue to fix your screen in with

Yeah , just stupid.

Today I replaced the original shocks to my DT03

DT-03_00041_zpsbikzvvzq.jpg

DT-03_00042_zpsbkfipzde.jpg

originally in a Ansmann X2 pro buggy kit (TeamC TC02 copy).

Needs the carbon bits now :-p

• Like 1

I've cleaned up the Blazing Blazer enough to be happy with it, I'm going to keep it as original as possible.

That includes the few bumps and scrapes it has, I like the 1 owner originality and patina of this model.

Couple of bits left to do, then a gentle run in the garden and some photos for my showroom.

Built shocks and masked off tire beads/bearing seats to paint the wheels on my dt03 build. I'm currently in love with tamiya gun metal, so that's what I'm going with. Not sure what to do with the body yet.

ad4915075f17cbbfbbe303019b885e8b.jpg

• Like 1

I'm land locked today the 100 mile race goes past balcony and I can't get the car out.

So no gym, no food shopping, no kids coming round : (

So I've been in my garage having some Tamiya therapy.

Replaced the vintage K.C Daylighter spot light stickers on my Ranger, touched in the black paint on the rear bed and put a nice hump back in it for completeness.

Got the GF01 out and started fitting an ESC and R/x and swapped out the ESC on my youngest daughters Mystery machine.

Decided to take the super modified motor and 11turn ESC that I put in my avante 2011 (which made it go ballistic!) Out and put it in my Honda city turbo! I thought it would only take me 1\2 hour 2 hours later im still spannering away anybody who has an avante will probably understand!, mind you an 11turn modified in a Honda city turbo is such a hoot who needs brushless I highly recommend it!!!

Continued the initial stages of my war rig build. Spent the day making a tow bar for the fuel pod out of 12mm box section. Managed to do some brazing that didn't look like a huge mess, which makes a nice change for me !

Technically this all happened today, no more plastic hubs on the Porsche 0c3451186d416f69678002e5022f8abc.jpgStarted setting up the lights on the shell9796a4aaa6afb43036d832307823359b.jpg228471c09cb97dab4029ec018b3b2c0d.jpgand masked the proline Baja shell for the Monster Blitzer

• Like 2

I set up the recently bought GF01 and it got a good run in the garden on the grass.

Seems pretty fast even though it's only got a torque tuned in it and it wheelies really well.

It does forward and backward rolls as too!