Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I looked at my shelves of tamiya on the way to work at 6:30am and thought if I had a spare 5mins in the day I might be able to do some work on the many projects I have waiting to be worked on :-( I'm really struggling to find the time to do anything Tamiya at the moment, life is just so busy!

Bought another Jimny kit despite not having built the first one and having an egress on the way. I may need an intervention.

• Like 2

Had to upgrade some parts for hpi sprint 2 with flux.

It's sure fitting with these falken tyre.

With the Porsche body looks like SuperTen.... Big wheels

Upgrades so far:

Piggyback shocks.

Black anodize motor mount.

Alloy spur holder

Teflon gear.

And yeah tornado fangs a must! For the flux esc.

ab617ceb913895772350567b256f9132.jpg

9bf772a26fe14115a39a00110beed395.jpg

• Like 1

Bought another Jimny kit despite not having built the first one and having an egress on the way. I may need an intervention.

Mmm sounds familiar, unbuild Egress and a Jimny on its way (as of today,oh and a NIB Bruiser still under the bed)

We could start another TA group :blink:(Tamiya addicts)

• Like 1

Rebuild the piggyback shocks.

Not sure if it will perform as good as it's looks.

8e9873dbfdc0d2f209b344e1e6f35e73.jpg

ff3f23e552cfeae81e4188951e7c9910.jpg

are they off the sprint 2.. Who makes them?

Manged to find some time last night and slipped into the garage to work on the clod :lol:. I will have two bodies on this build, one for running and the other for looking pretty. On the pretty body I'm fitting a muscle machine 1/18 motor from a chev. I didn't want to bolt the motor straight on as it sat quite high and didn't look right, so I took the trusty dremmel to the brand new shell :unsure: and cut a bigger hole and then made a box out of flexi card to hold the new motor. Next step will be some Tamiya putty to clean it up and then sanding.

Engine%201_zpsmdfdbze9.jpg

Engine%202_zpswse95lw8.jpg

• Like 7

Had to upgrade some parts for hpi sprint 2 with flux.

It's sure fitting with these falken tyre.

With the Porsche body looks like SuperTen.... Big wheels

Upgrades so far:

Piggyback shocks.

Black anodize motor mount.

Alloy spur holder

Teflon gear.

And yeah tornado fangs a must! For the flux esc.ab617ceb913895772350567b256f9132.jpg9bf772a26fe14115a39a00110beed395.jpg

Love the Kyosho Superten regret I sold it lets see it mounted with the Porsche body please!!

I spent some time on Photoshop today trying to wrangle a new profile picture, but I kept coming up against the 1K limit.

As others don't seem to be limited to 1K images, I thought I would thrown out the finished image to anyone who wanted it.

I give you... Kumamorton Joe!

Kumamortan2KGIF.gif

2K GIF.

KumamortanJPEG.jpg

Original 16K JPEG.

Dorvack.

Email the original 16k version to twinset and he will sort things out for you.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74062

Started (finally, after 2 years) on my 1/14 Flatbed Trailer, with motorised legs and lights to hook up to my Aeromax.

• Like 1

Today I got round to tidying up the FF03 that I received from fellow TC member Butler at the weekend. And managed to get my Kyosho Renault Laguna 1997 BTCC body onto it. So now its what its meant to be a front engined fwd touring car :) Fitting a brand new Paradox Pro 27 Turn motor, rated at 28756RPM :) so should be plenty quick enough. Also added a set of blue hard tuned springs and a few bling blue ball connectors too. Just need to sort out my LRP Quantum Competition ESC for it and some radio gear :)

James

:)

• Like 1

Finished the TT-02 build and take a first look how body and wheels look on the chassie.

:wub::):wub:

img_20150804_233949574crik.jpg

• Like 3

just ordered a pair of HPI Firebolt 15t motors for my Clodbuster.

That clod will shift now! :D I'm going to do the same now you've give me the idea. I've got one in my hornet bodied baja champ. Not an expensive motor but soo fast. It'd be rude not too.

• Like 1

Switched out the 8 spoke vintage wheels for my new Shiney 5 spokes....I think it looks the part now I have some carbon fiber gear shafts and the new front Dog bones to go in....f0872ab20309b2435fb3358cc4527791.jpg

Maybe I'll stick a set of stealth body mounts on it to really make it look the part

• Like 1

Today, I completed all the detail painting on my (original) Mountaineer body, tedious it was. Now going to let paint cure before clear coat.

• Like 1

Spent way too much money collecting/ordering parts for a Hot Shot project

• Like 1

Ordered another Toyota Celica GT-Four 1990 TT01E from Tamico

plus a couple of cockpits, GT3 lenses and Datsun 240Z Rally bodyshell

All for £117 delivered!

Be wrong not to at that price!

Now just hope they turn up before my hols, so i can hide them away..............

Fitted the new motors to the clodbuster.

B9D4EF37-EA47-4015-8190-1932FE17517E_zps

Nice sandster! Have you had a chance to have a go of it yet? I bet the performance is night and day compared to the standard 540's. What esc have you used or have you used 2?

Nice sandster! Have you had a chance to have a go of it yet? I bet the performance is night and day compared to the standard 540's. What esc have you used or have you used 2?

I haven't had the chance to test it yet but will post my findings when I do (hopefully video it). I am running dual x-car 45A esc's.