Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

after a while away from everything :( i took the egress to the local park. its till got the Acto power 12 turn motor in it ... fast

=

broken front damper stay :D awesomeness !!!

ordered Metal set of the bay.

had fun though.

• Like 1

Looks slick regardless! Nice work!

It is even better-looking than my brand-new Spektrum DX4C radio that I just learned is incompatible with DSM receivers, which all my models run :( Anybody want a 4-channel radio?!

It is even better-looking than my brand-new Spektrum DX4C radio that I just learned is incompatible with DSM receivers, which all my models run :( Anybody want a 4-channel radio?!

that stinks that they are not compatible. How many receivers are we talking about to replace

You sure you are not using orange recievers.. All my spectrum work on my 4i.. The hobbyking orange ones dont work.. Annyed me so i run two radios

I encountered this a few weeks back. I think I might have even mentioned it in this thread. Apparently the early firmware versions were backwards compatible, but they made no mention of this on their site. But the manual that came with mine says DSM2 and DSMR only [emoji53] I found a few used 3100 receivers on ebay. I mostly wanted a second transmitter to run two models at once anyways.

Fitting picture, being inspired by the DT03 and MF01x servo mount I decided that something similar would solve the wobbliness of the WR01 and WT01 servos.

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252001.jp

prototype 1

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252010.jp

more in its own thread

• Like 1

Why not just use some aluminium servo posts? I got some dirt cheap from GPM and now my servo is solid as a rock.

Tried that, cracked the Chassis Mount points. Still too much flex. Didn't overtightened and also used washers.

Had a go with some De-Solv-It spray on part of a Pumpkin body, works quite well, might need to leave it a little longer than the 15 minutes the can suggests but I think it'll do the trick to sort out the rest of the body :)

that stinks that they are not compatible. How many receivers are we talking about to replace

I converted my entire fleet to Spektrum SR200WP receivers as my primary radio is a DX3C, so at least 5 or 6!

You sure you are not using orange recievers.. All my spectrum work on my 4i.. The hobbyking orange ones dont work.. Annyed me so i run two radios

Orange receivers? I never used them, but maybe now is the time...

I encountered this a few weeks back. I think I might have even mentioned it in this thread. Apparently the early firmware versions were backwards compatible, but they made no mention of this on their site. But the manual that came with mine says DSM2 and DSMR only [emoji53] I found a few used 3100 receivers on ebay. I mostly wanted a second transmitter to run two models at once anyways.

My objective was a radio I could bind with my existing models' setups. This would mean I would not have to travel with a radio on academic breaks if I wanted to use my RC cars in another city. I confirmed my worst fears while browsing RCCrawler.com!

It might not be all that bad; it looks like the included SR410 receiver is at least weather-resistant if not weather-proof (made that mistake with the SR301). Given that the DX4C is actually very much in my price range, has a lot of useful features, and is the only satisfactory radio I could buy at my local hobby shop, I may begin either updating my current fleet or start acquiring newer Spektrum receivers for my future models as standard equipment. Figuring out where to install my present receiver will be what I do today, with four models (Loctite GT-R, Striker, Wheelie Rally, GT-One) to choose from...

I'd start with your best all-rounder. The ta04 and f103 need some pretty smooth surfaces to be as fun as they should be.

• Like 1

I also thought the DX4C didn't work with the orangerx gr300 receivers but a guy at my drift club is using them no problem :blink:

I also thought the DX4C didn't work with the orangerx gr300 receivers but a guy at my drift club is using them no problem :blink:

depends what firmware you have.. And i dont think you can downgrade

Bought a load (50) of O-Rings because I'm fed up of running out. Not expecting to use them for damper sealing, but I don't see any obvious reason why that wouldn't work either. Tamiya O-rings are imperial sized, with a cross-section of 1.78mm and a 2.90mm internal diameter (makes sense with the 3mm damper shaft) with a 6.46mm overall diameter. All for about £3 delivered!

Also added some bits to my WT-01 "I will not modify it" project:

DSC_0004.jpg

Bought a load (50) of O-Rings because I'm fed up of running out. Not expecting to use them for damper sealing, but I don't see any obvious reason why that wouldn't work either. Tamiya O-rings are imperial sized, with a cross-section of 1.78mm and a 2.90mm internal diameter (makes sense with the 3mm damper shaft) with a 6.46mm overall diameter. All for about £3 delivered!

Also added some bits to my WT-01 "I will not modify it" project:

DSC_0004.jpg

Holy blingy shiny parts Batman!

Well I took this apart months ago when I saw it had a cracked frame and wrote it off as a scrap boxb7da2270c1f1134ecb95c5565aba1a34.jpg61b718a96f32b0f592df299907b3eb48.jpg

Then I decided it's a vintage Subaru brat 58038. First 100 it deserves resurrection so, so far we have this 4643acd174c19a408c07367b09ad64c5.jpg858d623a3bdd9102b9f04b3daf31c6cc.jpg6945000fb5fe006a74f0edc0cca71bf3.jpg

I'll switch out wheels and get the other bits over time but it's coming back to life. Perhaps just to sell, but it is coming back to life

• Like 3

Did some work on this one, since I'm considering to sell it.image.jpg1_zpspms1tpje.jpg

Sold this one today. Got an nice price so not sorry to see it go :-)

Well I took this apart months ago when I saw it had a cracked frame and wrote it off as a scrap box

Then I decided it's a vintage Subaru brat 58038. First 100 it deserves resurrection so, so far we have this

I'll switch out wheels and get the other bits over time but it's coming back to life. Perhaps just to sell, but it is coming back to life

Very nice to see, You know I'm a fan of all the ORV's Just complete my set last night with the arrival of an original 037 body ^_^

037body.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice to see, You know I'm a fan of all the ORV's Just complete my set last night with the arrival of an original 037 body ^_^

037body.jpg

Not sure how deep I want to go...I see a re re kit on amazon for $122. Plastic shell will be $50. Tires $35 plus steering rods etc. Could be worth buying a re re just for the shells. Just not sure. Input?