Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cleaned up the shelf above my work bench and made room for more RC Boxes.

Snuck the Wild One in there for now until it gets wrapped and put under the Xmas tree ^_^

FullSizeRender_zpshoebdzcr.jpg

Now's your chance to get the wild one's parts out & put in some thing in it's place & get building :lol: ..

Evil matman go away !! your not helping :D .. Tamiya junky problem i have , you may have :P .

Yeah the Tamiya problem is building :blink:

I have a Hotshot and an M06 chassis arriving soon (this week I hope) to keep me busy so I can be a good and wait for the Wild One.

1 step forward and 2 back. Tried to make a key rack out of a piece of mahogany and managed to break one the handles on the mill not paying attention when it fouled on a clamp. I also cut out 3 pieces of aluminium for my war rig fuel pod build, only to realise when I checked some reference pics that I'd cut them all out too small. Just one of those days when I should have stayed in bed :(

• Like 1

Last night and this morning, I got this little guy on its feet...

DSCF1962.JPG

Next, I have to check to see if I have a battery that fits it, and decide on a color. I should look through that "alternate Hornet colors" thread again...

• Like 3

Dyed so wheels and parts and painted the ones that won't take dye for a couple of kits

Managed to get half hour to trail fit the new wheels and other bits on the hornets.

Not sure if I like the black wheels now they're on,maybe some white tyre lettering will split it up a bit?

DSC_0084.jpg

I was kind of hoping the body would line up better,looks like I am an inch too short! (insert own jokes)

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

• Like 3

Been on eBay, again...

Good luck with getting a porsche for £3k! lol

• Like 1

Good luck with getting a porsche for £3k! lol

Plenty go for that money mate, especially in the winter. I don't suspect that this particular one will mind, probably nearer £4.5k

• Like 1

I was kind of hoping the body would line up better,looks like I am an inch too short! (insert own jokes)

DSC_0080.jpg

Haha. I presume you expected me to jump after seeing this. Correct! Haha. An Orange Blossom Special II lookalike... GREAT STUFF!

Yeah, you can't use the Hornet chassis but you can stretch it, or just go ahead with some custom aluminum chassis. Nothing complex as these vehicles don't have rear suspension. As it is look more than promising!

I would try a custom -taller- rollbar and would cut the bonnet to fit the engine/blower (what a fantastic piece, by the way). The pipes you can do with some aluminum tubes, not hard. C'mon Tony, you can build one of the most beautiful customs in the club! ;)

44.jpg

A friend here in TC gave me the same CRP rear tires you're using. I plan to work a bit the "pointy" ends of those lugs to make them look a bit more realistic, as stock they look a bit too "square".

By the way, I just got this French 1:32 Majorette die-cast model. Guess what I am going to do with it. I'll strip it and refinish with orange and black enamels. I've already done that in the past with good results, so now I'm going to make my own Orange Blossom Special II with it.

$_12.JPG

Don't give up Tony and stretch that chassis or make your own. I'm sure you'll come up with one of the most beautiful custom vehicles in the club. :)

PS. Black wheels rarely do if ever on a SRB. White or silver would make all the difference in the world -believe me ;)

Made the supports for the pod on the fuel pod. Still got to trim the outer edges. Tried on the 3d printed turret for size. Fits like a glove :)

img33435_13122015184615_3.jpg

img33435_13122015184615_4.jpg

• Like 3

Last month I bought two Neo Fighter bodies off Taffer on here. This is the first one done:

neo-hornet-front.jpg

neo-hornet-front-white-bg.jpg

Driver helmet and spotlights are borrowed from a Hornet XB body as it's too cold to paint the new ones I bought, which is why the driver has no eyes and the spot stickers are wonky (they are level when mounted on the Hornet nose).

• Like 14

Haha. I presume you expected me to jump after seeing this. Correct!

I thought you'd appreciate it Erich :)

Yeah, you can't use the Hornet chassis but you can stretch it, or just go ahead with some custom aluminum chassis.

I was thinking either,seeing about a price for a new fangled 3D printed extended chassis,so everything would just bolt on.

Or,Use a bit of fabricated channel to extend the rear Gearbox assembly,that gets the weight forward too.

I would try a custom -taller- rollbar and would cut the bonnet to fit the engine/blower (what a fantastic piece, by the way). The pipes you can do with some aluminum tubes, not hard.

The rollbar is off a midnight pumpkin,forgot about the cut outs for the spotlights though! May just cut them out.

An 1/18 muscle machine donated it's engine,will look not to bad once set in the body right.

Ally tube isn't too expensive either,so going to try that route for the headers.

PS. Black wheels rarely do if ever on a SRB. White or silver would make all the difference in the world -believe me ;)

I don't know,have you see the 'sand blitzer' of truck norris?

I don't know if I should start a build thread? The builds on that thread are way above what I could muster!

I thought you'd appreciate it Erich :)

I was thinking either,seeing about a price for a new fangled 3D printed extended chassis,so everything would just bolt on.

Or,Use a bit of fabricated channel to extend the rear Gearbox assembly,that gets the weight forward too.

The rollbar is off a midnight pumpkin,forgot about the cut outs for the spotlights though! May just cut them out.

An 1/18 muscle machine donated it's engine,will look not to bad once set in the body right.

Ally tube isn't too expensive either,so going to try that route for the headers.

I don't know,have you see the 'sand blitzer' of truck norris?

I don't know if I should start a build thread? The builds on that thread are way above what I could muster!

A build thread would be sweet!

Now that you mention it, a 3D printed extended chassis would be nice. The only thing I'd be against is how wide the front of the Hornet is. Okay, I know it's the narrower Tamiya wheel-to-wheel front, but for vehicles like these we would need even less distance, or a narrower axle as I did with the A-100 Dodge puller.

If I had access to a 3D printer and could make the design I think a 2wd puller chassis would be a piece that would sell pretty well for pullers. I can imagine a 2wd Engler tube chassis... fantastic, haha.

I'm not a fan of black wheels, I can't remember seeing a vehicle with black wheels that I like, BUT that of course is just a matter of tastes and I can't talk for anything other people like, you know. It's just a humble opinion.

Go ahead with the thread Tony. And remember we don't have a build competition here in TC. I like pullers, and I know it's something very few if any likes or even understand. I will be happy to see your thread and why not learn a bit and exchange ideas. That's the best thing in this club. :)

EDIT: for the pipes you can also try plastic tubes if you can find any at your LHS.

• Like 1

I think black wheels look great on SRB's, it is a personal choice of course!http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=124051&id=40536

I am biased though as I had them on my DT02 and the Blackfoot : )http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=124027&id=40536

The other point worth adding was that I dyed DT02 wheels which went really well, but the SRBs I painted which means they need touching up as the paint chips showing the white plastic underneath.

I have bought some black Wannabe wheels to swap at some stage which sorts this out as the SRB wheels wouldn't accept the dye colour.

• Like 1

Put a vintage balloon over the MSC. Loving my source for these as they're in perfect condition and haven't degraded. I've used these on four restorations and the balloons are in fantastic shape. Gotta super glue the edges of some decals as some are starting to pull up.

IMG_4654.jpg

• Like 2

neo-hornet-front.jpg

I was never a fan of this chassis because of that strut tower, but the Frog themed body made it look better, but this is just wow! Congrats, great idea, looks Ace.

I've been building my 4x4x4 dual brushless WT01 with my Son. Won't be getting the brushless motors until xmas so just getting it prepped and ready. It's great that my youngest is showing real interest in building it up with me. We've been doing a little each evening.

large.image.jpg.fa4f75f4d317e01da1046201

large.image.jpg.7da1682e025ed0966835e3a2

• Like 2

I was never a fan of this chassis because of that strut tower, but the Frog themed body made it look better, but this is just wow! Congrats, great idea, looks Ace.

I've been building my 4x4x4 dual brushless WT01 with my Son.

Thanks! Got a third body here so wondering what to do next.

I started my own dual brushless WT-01 yesterday and almost finished it today:

4x4-amarok.jpg

When I got the wide track parts for my Amarok I forgot to buy the longer steering arms... Doh!

A slightly bigger problem is because the motors are sensored it's not possible to swap the wires to reverse the rotation as needed for this chassis. Sure you can reverse the throttle on the transmitter but that just makes the rear correct and the front wrong. Trying to reverse calibrate doesn't work (reversing when it says to accelerate). I seem to recall the 02s ESCs will let you do that though so that's the next step.

• Like 1

Looking good there, I like your 4wd dual motor decal, guess you cut them yourself?

I won't finish mine until after xmas, I've bought some Core RC wire and deans connectors to make up the battery loom, some 69mm titanium HPI turnbuckle rods (stock is 71mm hopefully they'll be ok) for the rear steering so it's a bit beefier, and I've gone for 2 low profile Savox digital servos which will hopefully turn up in a couple of days. Sadly the Amarok front bumper won't work with the front gearbox, shame as it would look great. My motors won't be sensored so should be easier.

I'm not sure which shell to use yet, the Amarok wheelbase fits better than the Blackfoot so might just use that with the wide track.

Managed to get half hour to trail fit the new wheels and other bits on the hornets.

I was kind of hoping the body would line up better,looks like I am an inch too short! (insert own jokes) <<<<< That's what she said :P ..

• Like 2

Made some progress on an ongiong scaler project. Ten points to anyone who can identify what the paint job is going to be from just the decals...

DSCF1963.JPG

• Like 1

Made some progress on an ongiong scaler project. Ten points to anyone who can identify what the paint job is going to be from just the decals...

DSCF1963.JPG

The Fratelli's Jeep per chance?
  • Like 1