Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Fratelli's Jeep per chance?

Ding ding ding ding... but first you have to do the truffle shuffle.
  • Like 2

Thanks! Got a third body here so wondering what to do next.

Maybe a Fox style?

I do like the DT03 Hornet top job

• Like 1

Finished the shell of the Golf 24. Wow, that was tough, 137 different stickers !!!

23374231099_af85773be6_c.jpg

Then I almost finished the assembly of the TT01E chassis, but this not so exciting.

• Like 5

Last month I bought two Neo Fighter bodies off Taffer on here. This is the first one done:

neo-hornet-front.jpg

neo-hornet-front-white-bg.jpg

Driver helmet and spotlights are borrowed from a Hornet XB body as it's too cold to paint the new ones I bought, which is why the driver has no eyes and the spot stickers are wonky (they are level when mounted on the Hornet nose).

This looks brilliant. Top job.

Trimmed the Burns body then had a bit of a comparison between old and new. None of the stuff in the Burns is secured yet, but I'm amazed at how little things have changed between it and the Vorza. I mean there's a lot about the Burns that's just uprated 1/10 buggy (the dampers are the same ones on my Optima), but the Vorza's just a more heavy duty version - bigger bore longer dampers and thicker suspension mounts and chassis.

buggies.jpg

• Like 2

Cut, narrowed, and glued my first set of tires this week. I learned a lot, and think I have a good idea of how to do it better for the next attempt.

My basic front-wheel adapter printed out from Shapeways and I attached it to a generic cheapie e-Bay 1.9 wheel with the narrowed tire. Soo... I'm getting closer to the tires I want for my GigaM38 build. Need to be wider, and the straight tractor tread, not the curved one on this test set.... A.l.m.o.s.t. there...

img42077_15122015034643_6.jpg

• Like 4

Logged back in, it's been a while ( 214 pages of new posts !), but nice to see some of the old names still kicking around and some newer ones too - just shows how the hobby ebbs n flows :D

I've effectively taken 12 months out of RC, but with Xmas looming I finally got my backside in gear and finished a few items..

Boomerang resto / update - new chassis tub, new shell, new decals, new bumper, new yellow shocks, new sports tuned motor, new DF03 wheels n tyres for a slightly more up to date feel. I started it back in March, but finally got the painting and decals done at the start of December, and should be with its new owner today.

TL-01 drift car - I planned to finish and sell this last Xmas, that's how long this one sat at the side of the hobby bench ! Just wanted it out of the way in the end , so finished it off (full light kit was a mare to hide most of the wiring), got it on the bay and off its now gone.

Selling up ? Not really, but I have (finally) realised that the project list was getting silly (partly the reason for the break from RC) and buying more was never going to do anything for the backlog. I'm currently spraying a Unimog shell to finish off the second CR-01 chassis I built in 2014.

And with some money back in the paypal account I couldn't keep away from Banzai, so a few motors and more DF-03 wheels n tyres (this time for son's Rising Storm) are on route.

Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do, plus a Optima shell to paint (2 years since I cut it) and a Hi-lift to build (shell painted a year ago).

Must not buy any more :wacko:

• Like 4

Good to see you back here David, was wondering where you'd disappeared to!

• Like 1

Good to see you back bud, totally sympathise with the project situation as I'm sure many of us find ourselves in the same position.

So you missed out entirely on the new MF01 platform then?

....I'll stop talking now!

Trimmed the Burns body then had a bit of a comparison between old and new. None of the stuff in the Burns is secured yet, but I'm amazed at how little things have changed between it and the Vorza. I mean there's a lot about the Burns that's just uprated 1/10 buggy (the dampers are the same ones on my Optima), but the Vorza's just a more heavy duty version - bigger bore longer dampers and thicker suspension mounts and chassis.

buggies.jpg

Loving the Burns there. Wanted to restore some old 1/8 Kyosho so got hold of an inferno DX. Looking forward to the rebuild

Logged back in, it's been a while ( 214 pages of new posts !), but nice to see some of the old names still kicking around and some newer ones too - just shows how the hobby ebbs n flows :D

I've effectively taken 12 months out of RC, but with Xmas looming I finally got my backside in gear and finished a few items..

Boomerang resto / update - new chassis tub, new shell, new decals, new bumper, new yellow shocks, new sports tuned motor, new DF03 wheels n tyres for a slightly more up to date feel. I started it back in March, but finally got the painting and decals done at the start of December, and should be with its new owner today.

TL-01 drift car - I planned to finish and sell this last Xmas, that's how long this one sat at the side of the hobby bench ! Just wanted it out of the way in the end , so finished it off (full light kit was a mare to hide most of the wiring), got it on the bay and off its now gone.

Selling up ? Not really, but I have (finally) realised that the project list was getting silly (partly the reason for the break from RC) and buying more was never going to do anything for the backlog. I'm currently spraying a Unimog shell to finish off the second CR-01 chassis I built in 2014.

And with some money back in the paypal account I couldn't keep away from Banzai, so a few motors and more DF-03 wheels n tyres (this time for son's Rising Storm) are on route.

Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do, plus a Optima shell to paint (2 years since I cut it) and a Hi-lift to build (shell painted a year ago).

Must not buy any more :wacko:

Look at what the cat dragged in :D . Good to see your alive & well .

The postage thread has been slow since you have been gone :lol: .

Great too see ya around percymon .

Was thinking your wife saw the RC stash & you got locked up with no toys :D ...

• Like 1

Its good to see you back David, you gave me a very warm welcome when I joined Tamiyaclub last year and I was hoping you would be back.

• Like 1

Good to see you back David, replied to your pm :)

• Like 1

what did I do today? I came here for the first time in years.

my racing has slowed down due to family and work so I'm getting into scale rc, got a unimog 406 coming for Christmas.

hope all is well in the tc family. glad to be back.

• Like 4

Well after receiving a WW2 roll cage I rebuilt the WW1 body and installed all but the windshield as the one I have is broken!

Finally did a permanent instal of the driver of my Black and red 53 ford pick up nicely mounted on the TL01 chassis, must paint the steering wheel as it looks as if some one stole it, driver with his hands out saying What the.........

• Like 1

Good to see you back bud, totally sympathise with the project situation as I'm sure many of us find ourselves in the same position.

So you missed out entirely on the new MF01 platform then?

....I'll stop talking now!

It's escped me and will for a while - done a couple of M series cars, and in no rush to do another

Look at what the cat dragged in :D . Good to see your alive & well .

The postage thread has been slow since you have been gone :lol: .

Great too see ya around percymon .

Was thinking your wife saw the RC stash & you got locked up with no toys :D ...

I've got a few orders in with Banzai, so the postman will be pleased !

• Like 1

Just admired the wheeler tires mounted on rims. Organized some of the spare parts i had sitting around in a unknown box.. :)

Trying to get video of my "flame pipes" throwing sparks, I put my GigaM38 build rubber-side up ...hard.

More suspension carnage. Looks like I'll be designing a new hop-up...

img42077_16122015001203_1.jpg

img42077_16122015001203_2.jpg

Trying to get video of my "flame pipes" throwing sparks, I put my GigaM38 build rubber-side up ...hard.

More suspension carnage. Looks like I'll be designing a new hop-up...

img42077_16122015001203_1.jpg

img42077_16122015001203_2.jpg

I have an original tree if you're interested.