Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two RX540VZ on eBay, one used Tamiya 48 the other new Graupner 24. Glad I bid on the Graupner. :-D

Ha, not sure about the safety aspect of having a compressed, flamable gas strapped to the side of a military vehicle but it looks awesome!

In the Mad Max universe, it makes the double barrel roll after the canister is shot and explodes all the more visually impressive.

• Like 1

Stripped my WT-01 4x4x4 to rebuild the gearboxes, enlarge the battery compartment and tidy the electronics (routed everything through the chassis and added a single on/off switch). Managed the last two of the three, but waiting for the postman before I can rebuild the gearboxes

A4E6B1AF-FC97-4392-8737-2E37B541414D_zps

• Like 1

Placed order for 3 sets of orange 3mm LEDs and 1 set of red 3mm LEDs to go in the tlu-01 for my bruiser.

This covers the last couple of days. I bought a second hand furnace and was keen to test it out. To do this I make a casting box and tried to first cast some small items, but realised that the casting powder I have has gone off (I got it free, so no biggy). So I tried to cast a Volvo front end I had cnc'd in polystyrene. Results were ok considered the casting sand was too crumbly and this was my first go.

This is the two part casting box I made

metal_casting_-1.jpg

cast and original. If this is the best I can do I would be disappointed, but I'm pretty sure if with better casting sand and practice I should be able to get more detail in the cast. But that will have to wait until I have sorted out my vacuum former upgrade.

metal_casting_-11.jpg

• Like 2

All projects built so decided to look what's up with my M06 brushless alpha

Diff has felt funny since its build so I decided to strip it down

9E5AB68E-B21F-4DB8-A24A-7603D0F99876_5.j

Turns out it was a poorly casted .. Not sure what you call

It .. Diff central triple shaft piece..

It was causing one of the gears to rub.. A few mins with a file and it was sorted..

Will check these in the future

So I tried to cast a Volvo front end I had cnc'd in polystyrene.

The wife uses wax for making jewellery, I think if you look up 'lost wax casting'.

It's not the cheapest though.

Nice! I never find these bargains. I've been trying to find TL01LA suspension arms for a while with no success - the suspension kit itself fetches silly money too - if you can find one that is. Nice find.

I have some lightly used arms if your still looking!

sven

The wife uses wax for making jewellery, I think if you look up 'lost wax casting'.

It's not the cheapest though.

yeah, thanks for the tip, that a option worth checking out. I'm also going to try lost foam casting, as I can readily cnc the foam sheets which are pretty cheap.

Over the last few evenings I've resprayed my Super Clod TS-20 metallic Green, fitted the smaller bonnet air scoop and applied the stock decal scheme. I decided also to fit the driving lights as I'm a much better driver now with less rollovers ( :ph34r: this statement could be vaguely untrue).

IMG_2643_zpslxeprbkm.jpg

• Like 9

Ordered some parts for my Ford Ranger project. Now I have complete SRB chassis, tires and wheels, body, front grill and rear door travelling from UK, carbon look radio box...

Only missing some proper dampers, not SRB.

I've now packed all my kit away again in the loft for now.

I have a feeling a couple of runners will come out for the garden, but that's probably about it for the time being other than I might sell 1 or 2 over the next month or so.

However I have just added my recent Blazing Blazer purchase to my showroom...please take a peek!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?id=40536&cid=128258&t=28012016134355

Looks great Simon, as does the new pad!

Thanks Martin on both fronts.

It's always a pleasure seeing you and meeting your brother last time as well.

Finally got the TXT-1 up and running with 4ws all sorted. Converted to single brushless motor and made a few plates out of plasticard to fix the servos so they dont move around on the original slotted mounts and one to cover the second motor hole.

Finally took some progress picks of the not quite so high lift

i-6H9NrQw-X2.jpg

i-tBsSKt2-X2.jpg

Still a way to go to the finished article :(

Spent the evening entertaining the kittens using a small quadcopter with a feather hanging underneath it by a long piece of cotton. :)

• Like 6

Spent the evening entertaining the kittens using a small quadcopter with a feather hanging underneath it by a long piece of cotton. :)

Post video, you must.

• Like 2

Post video, you must.

Agreed, I know kittens are brash, but my cat runs if the little sq1 comes out, she hates the down draft (and its summer here), wuss...

Today I packaged up a couple of parcels for TC members (and sent one) and then chilled in the paddling pool with my daughter :)

Just finished work around 2am, came home and fed the 3 cats and said hello to our Basset Hound 'Bella' i enjoyed a few beers and some TC, along with some COD BO3 on the Xbox One. And right now just fed the dog her breakfast, and its almost time for bed and 2-3 hours sleep as usual :)

Oh and I am on holiday for 10 days now from work :)

James

:)

Got the chassis rails cut for the main trailer of the war rig (Clod Buster is there to give a perspective of size):

img33435_02012016185925_2.jpg

• Like 7