Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fitted lights to the Hilux, what a fiddly experience! Now to site the TLU-01 unit, although the led lengths have pretty much determined that lol!

• Like 1

I keep almost buying an XB version of that car but deciding against it at the last minute.

So this morning after dropping the kids off for their half day at school , I came home and painted! I painted the interior of the Bruiser and then ordered black bumper kit, which sadly does not include the side steps so I painted them black, I will not do box art, it's not my style! Paint is ordered! Not positive how the scheme will be received, but quite frankly I'm not really worried. It is after all my bruiser.

• Like 2

So this morning after dropping the kids off for their half day at school , I came home and painted! I painted the interior of the Bruiser and then ordered black bumper kit, which sadly does not include the side steps so I painted them black, I will not do box art, it's not my style! Paint is ordered! Not positive how the scheme will be received, but quite frankly I'm not really worried. It is after all my bruiser.

I'm going 'freestyle' paint on my Bruiser runner when I get around to building it. I'd love to see pics and a thread of your build. The build process is too epic to not put anything up, come on man get to it!!

I bought the black bumper kit to try and paint with Alclad chrome, the first attempt crashed and burned so time for me to try again with a different technique. Will you be fitting the black steering arm and axle support blocks or have you already fitted them all?

I'm going 'freestyle' paint on my Bruiser runner when I get around to building it. I'd love to see pics and a thread of your build. The build process is too epic to not put anything up, come on man get to it!!

I bought the black bumper kit to try and paint with Alclad chrome, the first attempt crashed and burned so time for me to try again with a different technique. Will you be fitting the black steering arm and axle support blocks or have you already fitted them all?

I didn't take a single build picture. You already did such a fantastic thread why subject myself to the embarrassment of a sub standard build thread. I will post pics in my showroom when I'm all done. I'm going TS 42, interior is gunmetal dash with semigloss floor and glossy black leather seats. Got to decide if I'm putting the driver in, I think yes. The white steering servo arm!!! Didn't even think about any other white pieces. Black stuff should arrive in a day or two. Waiting for paint, topper and body to match, then a nice clear coat, not sure if I'm going Matte or gloss.

• Like 1

Managed to lose an eBay auction. Someone just bagged a decent looking original Bruiser with a funky looking sound module for €271.

[Edit:] Picture of said sound module:

XRPvJDY.png

Edited by Flerbizky

an address in the UK needs a lot of information. Not knowing exactly what it all means, I can only assume it street address, suburb, city/town, district, post code, is that correct?

That's correct

Usually house number or name,

Street/road/close/avenue/lane/gardens etc etc,

Followed by town/village,

Then city

Then county

Finally post code

It can be quite a lot some times,I've been confused a few times when ordering from abroad with things like suburb and zip code, sort of got it now.

an address in the UK needs a lot of information. Not knowing exactly what it all means, I can only assume it street address, suburb, city/town, district, post code, is that correct?

That's correct

Usually house number or name,

Street/road/close/avenue/lane/gardens etc etc,

Followed by town/village,

Then city

Then county

Finally post code

It can be quite a lot some times,I've been confused a few times when ordering from abroad with things like suburb and zip code, sort of got it now.

You actually only need a door number and postcode to find a UK address, most online forms will find an address with only that information :)

Placed some orders for the bits required to make my Mad Bull look a bit more like a Grasshopper II, as well as a capacitor for my Twin Detonator to stop it browning out when both steering servos are under heavy load.

• Like 1

Started looking for something to buy to utilise the new Hobbyking 80A ESC/ 4000kV motor combo bought earlier this week - starting to think it'd be easier to just sell the esc/motor combo as there's nothing suitable in Mr T's stable that i'm interested in currently; i've been down the truggy/sct route before and sold them all on before they even turned a wheel in anger.

Oh well :rolleyes:

Took my Axial Yeti Score for it's first run. Had a blast.

Nice - did you video any of it? :)

Have you modified it from stock? I was looking at a Yeti kit, but the jump up to 3s got me confused as to what motor/esc was suitable.

I didn't take a single build picture. You already did such a fantastic thread why subject myself to the embarrassment of a sub standard build thread.

Noooo, don't feel like that, we want to enjoy the journey with you, who cares how good it is or not, Mr. Truck Norris puts all of us to shame quality wise ;) I love seeing others build threads and pics, for me part of enjoying the Bruiser build was reading up on so many other peoples builds and finding inspiration in so many places.

I look forward to your colour scheme. I've seen the Bruiser in grey and it looks really good. Definitely go with the driver! They just look incomplete without imho.

Wez li, lovely modern twist with the BigWig colours.

XV, how is this browning out manifesting itself, is it the receiver or esc that browns out? I've not had that with mine but both ESC's feed back to the receiver@6v so maybe it is getting a more stable 6v. Battery life is a killer though, I wonder how much of that is down to powering two power hungry servo's.

Cheers

Nito

• Like 1

XV, how is this browning out manifesting itself, is it the receiver or esc that browns out? I've not had that with mine but both ESC's feed back to the receiver@6v so maybe it is getting a more stable 6v. Battery life is a killer though, I wonder how much of that is down to powering two power hungry servo's.

Cheers

Nito

It is the receiver that browns out. It wasn't an issue with the SR301 that I was running previously, but since swapping over to a SR410, it happens occasionally when the servos are turning against strong resistance, for example when stationary in thick mud. I guess different receivers just have different tolerances for power fluctuations.

• Like 1

Ah, thanks.

I'm using a 6 channel Futaba, but only 4 channels are in use, whether they have a higher overall capability when they have more channels I have no idea. The HPI Brushless ESC I have, outputs 6v/2A, however the HPI brushed ESC's I use only output 5v but also at 2A. Looks like a lot of Tamiya esc's quote 6v, I didn't realise they were so high, but they also quote 1.5A.

I'm not a whizz at electronics, but if I have two ESC's feeding 6v to a receiver, say 2A each, does that mean the receiver is seeing 4A?

Cheers

Nito

Indeed. Well, sort of. The receiver will only draw what it needs, so if all it needs is 1.5A for example, that is all it will take. Even if 4A is available, the receiver will be blissfully unaware of the surplus amperage until it finds the need to draw on it.

That is why, as long as the voltage is correct, you can run a low-amp device off a high-amp power source without blowing your device. Try it the other way around though, and that is where the trouble starts, potentially either blowing the power source or browning out the device if amp draw exceeds amperage available.

• Like 1

Maybe just add a separate BEC .. They are not expensive

That would be the next step if a cap doesn't sort it. I think it will though - the phenomenon doesn't manifest often, only very occasionally in high-load situations, so all it needs is a little help.

That would be the next step if a cap doesn't sort it. I think it will though - the phenomenon doesn't manifest often, only very occasionally in high-load situations, so all it needs is a little help.

Think I have a new Bec spare, I will check when I get home and let you know.

Think I have a new Bec spare, I will check when I get home and let you know.

Thanks! I'll let you know how I get on with the cap, and if a BEC will be needed.