Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks a lot cleaner now... if you don't look too hard.

6CB7FCA9-BD7E-4BFA-ACDC-5B39C8ED09BE_zps

I think it's gonna need a full interior

HPI shell?

Dug my LB out of the shed yesterday, sadly damp has got under the stickers so she is going to get a rub down and a respray.

Then kept in warm dry part of the house

So , i think i have 98% of my RC stuff in the house . I feel naked in the bus , NO RC at all :( .

But seems alot of space in the bus now :lol: ..

The room i have most of the stuff in , is small :D . I will need to get started on the RC room soon .

d5132956d3e77a66f7a1265819f85a27_zpshjfh

So i have put some of the stuff in another room . ( OH!! BAD PIC ) Pic didn't focus :( ..

60b0625a32d9e0ca555d2844ed1e2d8f_zps4gpm

• Like 5

I've cleaned all the metal parts for my Blitzer now which I'm really pleased about.

It gave me a chance to use my sonic cleaner and now apart from some minor parts arriving next it is all now ready for reassembly.

• Like 1

ThunderShot_00046_zpscvwy41pi.jpg

Finished assembling the Thunder Shot. Not able to find original body, I'm thinking about...

• Like 3

HPI shell?

Yep, pretty nice too. Took a bit longer than necessary to get my head around the two part rear spoiler but I got there in the end (the lower wing needs to be flipped upside down, over spray film removed and painted from underneath)!

Just the wheels to paint now😉

FD220784-C479-40A2-B02B-35B02E8C1DCF_zps

B83655FD-EA7A-4250-88E0-4E3EC44B3F4B_zps

34E98662-C355-40D1-8762-9908491320B5_zps

772F6BE7-D589-4A65-B1A3-E34B485480CA_zps

Always was my favourite rally car & livery... now if I can convince the wife to let me fit the full size decal pack to our Mitsubishi Colt... I'm sure I can squeeze it all on somehow😏

• Like 5

Yep, pretty nice too. Took a bit longer than necessary to get my head around the two part rear spoiler but I got there in the end (the lower wing needs to be flipped upside down, over spray film removed and painted from underneath)!

Just the wheels to paint now😉

FD220784-C479-40A2-B02B-35B02E8C1DCF_zps

B83655FD-EA7A-4250-88E0-4E3EC44B3F4B_zps

34E98662-C355-40D1-8762-9908491320B5_zps

772F6BE7-D589-4A65-B1A3-E34B485480CA_zps

Always was my favourite rally car & livery... now if I can convince the wife to let me fit the full size decal pack to our Mitsubishi Colt... I'm sure I can squeeze it all on somehow😏

Top job, looks really good👍

I had an evo v bodyshell on my kyosho gp spider and this evo vi shell from hpi is closest I've found. Will have to order one up. They look good.

Earlier in the month while there was still quite a bit of snow around my neighborhood I took my re-re Super Hotshot out for some bashing (ramping off of frozen snow banks and the like). All was great until on landing a front wheel caught in a deep footprint someone had left in a dift. Thought nothing much of it at first so walked over to take a look and the connecting point for the front left suspension (which mounts directly to the front gearbox) had torn away, taking a good chunk of the gearbox with it...

So several weeks later I received a replacement gearbox casing (off of ebay) and set to work disassembling and reassembling. Took her out today for a spin and all is right with the world again.

20160228_191440_resized.jpg

Posted some glamour shots of my Wild Willy GigaM38 in my build thread...

img42077_29022016010538_2.jpg

• Like 8

I finished my first grasshopper build. With a few little changes of course. Was thinking about starting a hopper/hornet appreciation thread for people to show all of theirs off.

Looks great S2, I just watched Mad Max: Fury Road at the weekend so can appreciate it all the more now, but I realise, you're missing some brides ;)

• Like 1

Strictly last night, but almost done with the Hilux High Lift..

> small fiddly decals added to the shell

> painted the number plates front and rear

> finalised led wiring and tested the TLU-01 (all OK ; actually pretty impressed even if I do say so myself :D:D )

> another test fit of the body to confirm it still all fitted together

> added some 6x60mm allot rods across the chassis rails for battery pack supports

And, won a 'vintage' (well 20yr old) Traxxas Bandit on fleepay, so spent a good hour on the web looking at parts suppliers and prices - found a home for the Hobbyking 80A/4000kV combo now ;)

Didn't order anything from Banzai :lol:

• Like 2

Indeed .. I ordered some 9mm ones but these seam to be 12mm wide.. Wonder if that did not help the issue with them poking past the wheel

Read a bit of that "On road" thread discussing TT01's

Went on eBay

You know the rest...

IMG_20160229_060501_zpslw8ipoxn.jpg

• Like 5

Read a bit of that "On road" thread discussing TT01's

Went on eBay

You know the rest...

IMG_20160229_060501_zpslw8ipoxn.jpg

Good buy Wes, and a great price given the way prices have been of late

• Like 1

Good buy Wes, and a great price given the way prices have been of late

Yeah I thought it seemed good value, looks in good condition from the pics and a few spares too. Plus the all important box :)

Looks great S2, I just watched Mad Max: Fury Road at the weekend so can appreciate it all the more now, but I realise, you're missing some brides ;)

This is true. Time to start sculpting, I guess :D

In other news, I played with some slow-mo video yesterday and Eugene The Jeep's WW2000

• Like 2

Well it all began with frustration, lol! I finished trimming and cleaning the Unimog shell, masking the windows was a bit of a pain, but not so much as masking the wheel arches and front and rear bumpers with 6mm tamiya tape, PIA.....

Was going to call it a night when I finished masking last night and paint today! But Nooooooo, I decided to paint in my closed Garage the silver base coat, opened the door let a few bugs in, some vapors out, then off to bed.... What a hangover I had this morning... Finished the paint and started the decals today. Silver and Black quite striking I think.... Pictures to follow. Oh in case you were wondering the frustration was from my Bruiser. The NIB on a shelf came in handy. Also order 10 new servos and some front hubs. Think I ordered something else too! I guess that will be a surprise....lol

I got the front end built on my cougar, six steps of the manual. Strange not to be cutting the parts off a sprue and each step has a bag of parts.

I've spent the last three and a half hours trying to update my iphone to run a speed app and so far managed to render my phone useless. Good old apple. Going from version 7 to 9. Now it is version zilch. I updated itunes, updated the phone and now being told by apple support it's because I'm running windows 7 and not 10!!

For goodness sake!! Now I'm downloading 10 Grrrr...it better not mess anything else up!

sorted some magentic body mounts for the mod clod - another job off my RC list (plenty to go :( )