Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've spent the last three and a half hours trying to update my iphone to run a speed app and so far managed to render my phone useless. Good old apple. Going from version 7 to 9. Now it is version zilch. I updated itunes, updated the phone and now being told by apple support it's because I'm running windows 7 and not 10!!

For goodness sake!! Now I'm downloading 10 Grrrr...it better not mess anything else up!

What does win 7 got to do with it ?.

I have not updated my iphone 5 OS at all . I did it with iphone 3 to os 4 & that screwed the phone , was so slow .

Now i don't update the OS at all , even on my ipad . Would be good if you can go back os systems if it didn't work .

• Like 1

Added a significant amount of aluminum and a sliver of carbon to my TA03F shelf queen. Not sure why I feel compelled to hop-up this shelf queen as much as I have.

20160227_164007_zpsxpupvi8r.jpg

The rare 53325 steering knuckles were an unexpected bonus that came with an 03R I recently acquired, so on to the shelf queen they went after a quick cleaning.

• Like 1

Arranged my top 4 :) (when I should've been getting ready to go to work)

IMG_20160301_065003_zpscsaoxcgw.jpg

• Like 6

Took my TL01LA Evo VI for its first drive over Kenley aerodrome yesterday. It performed well with a good old silvercan, 19T pinion and a 2S lipo. I was even impressed with the basic friction shocks on the Tarmac, that was until I ventured onto the rougher stuff. Clearly some proper CVA dampers are on the shopping list! I'll also need to raise the body shell up at the front and/or trim the front if I intend to do anything like this!

Looks like a lot of fun and I know some mountain bike trails that look just like that 😜 Anyone up for a rally meet?

• Like 4

I'd love to attend a rally meet again - my TT-01RA hasn't seen competition in ages. Bring it on! :D

• Like 1

Stripped ,cleaned , lubed and adjusted the TA-03 ball diffs in my Top Force , on reassembly noticed the rear box housing was cracked

Some stripping, cleaning and reassembly of a hopped up Dash-1 Emperor. It's starting to take shape.

IMG_3857_zpsz9sqhltp.jpg

Chris.

• Like 2

I have finally got a monster beetle ( wanted 3 , but stella did have that many ) & the MF-01X < and hopups .

The MF-01X i have been watching the thread like a hawk & wanted one for some time .

So now it's the waiting game :( , for the next week or so . WOW the exchanged rate killed me :( ..

Maybe was good they didn't have 3 MB's :lol: ..

A teaser what I am up to now until build thread is approved

A75326E4-74E9-4F98-8C5A-1933255C0DCF_2.j

Looking good, look forward to seeing the rest of the build👍

Im Using PS paint straight onto the body shell.. I have done it on wheels before but not a whole body.

It seams to etch in very well

Decals and Detailing later then a good coat of clear to shine up the dull finish.

I've spent the last three and a half hours trying to update my iphone to run a speed app and so far managed to render my phone useless. Good old apple. Going from version 7 to 9. Now it is version zilch. I updated itunes, updated the phone and now being told by apple support it's because I'm running windows 7 and not 10!!

For goodness sake!! Now I'm downloading 10 Grrrr...it better not mess anything else up!

I'm on android so I don't know if this app is available for iphones. It's called Ulysses speedometer. I was going to attach my phone to some of my rcs qnd do some speed runs. I tested it in my 1:1 car and it seemed pretty accurate. Ive not tried it on one of my rc cars yet though. I had second thoughts of strapping a phone that cost over £700 to one and then doing a high speed run. Lol

Took my TL01LA Evo VI for its first drive over Kenley aerodrome yesterday. It performed well with a good old silvercan, 19T pinion and a 2S lipo. I was even impressed with the basic friction shocks on the Tarmac, that was until I ventured onto the rougher stuff. Clearly some proper CVA dampers are on the shopping list! I'll also need to raise the body shell up at the front and/or trim the front if I intend to do anything like this!

Looks like a lot of fun and I know some mountain bike trails that look just like that Anyone up for a rally meet?

This looks so much fun. Its like doing trail runs but both the car and person having a huge overdose on energy drinks! The persons being pushed as hard as the car :lol: Its also good because you could cancel your gym membership with all that running about lol. This would be a seriously fun meet.

• Like 1

Hi!

Been bizzy with my cancer unfortanally! But I'm still alive!

The small things I've been able to do is restoring my Hilux body for my runner project!

innan_zpsdk1rcfza.jpg

front%20innan_zpsq8kcck72.jpg

front%20faumlrdig_zpsvpjpxj6i.jpg

sida3_zpsqi1hrpsk.jpg

front%20naumlr_zpse9pci7jz.jpg

Nice flex with red leafs!

flex_zpslpe0xow4.jpg

Cheers

Badboy

• Like 8

The MF-01X i have been watching the thread like a hawk & wanted one for some time .

what plans for the MF-01X matman ??

I was amazed how capable my Brother in laws MF-01X was.. All stock apart from locked diffs and was coping very well off road.

• Like 1

I was amazed how capable my Brother in laws MF-01X was.. All stock apart from locked diffs and was coping very well off road.

my MF-01X is being built from parts sprues as I have quite a few M chassis new spares to hand. Not decided what i'm doing for the body, initial thought was to utilise the VW Camper Wheelie body i have, but being drawn towards a 959 in street clothes

• Like 1

[quote name="Terz1" post="621800" timestamp="1456840498"

This looks so much fun. Its like doing trail runs but both the car and person having a huge overdose on energy drinks! The persons being pushed as hard as the car :lol: Its also good because you could cancel your gym membership with all that running about lol. This would be a seriously fun meet.

If enough people are interested I could look into organising a mini rally meet. It'll likely be on ground open to the public so we may have to pick cars up and start again 😏 I'm in Redhill and usually drive around Reigate, Dorking, Leith Hill area. I'm gonna scout about for a suitable location preferably with some food and toilet facilities and try it out myself. Let me know if you're interested or know a good location and we could have ourselves a day out 😉

• Like 1

Sorry to read that Badboy, wishing you the best of luck and strength going forward.

Mr Crispy, that sounds good, I used to work up that way in West Horsley, lovely 'hood ;) lots of greenery and places with parking out in the stix, though I can't specifically recommend any myself. Newlands corner? used to have some decent facilities, but I never wandered along the trails, we used it as a rendevouz point for 1:1 car meets.

Well, the plan was to make front and rear steering links for the mod Clod after additional materials arrived today; the reality was rather embarrassingly limited to one linkage after cutting the threaded rod too short and then having no spares :lol: :lol:

so back to ordering materials !

• Like 2

Great minds Nitomor, I was thinking that would be good to check out. Last time I went bashing there a few years ago there were some bike trails just off the car park by the cafe. They would probably make excellent 1/10 rally tracks.

For anyone interested Newlands Corner is on the A25 about halfway between Dorking and Guildford.

Looks like a lot of fun and I know some mountain bike trails that look just like that 😜 Anyone up for a rally meet?

This looks awesome - but can't help but think you look a bit of a wally chasing after your RC through the woods!

Now; combine the above with the below and I think you'd be on to something...

FPV Rally RC anyone?!!

• Like 7

Ouch, it's like the Jedi speeder bike sequence lol!

• Like 2

Not too sure there Percymon , will build & have it as fun runner :D . Nothing fancy as of yet .

Thinking of having this as my 1st build in my house , may even build it in the RC room ( that's not done yet ) .

All i want to do is Build a Tamiya RC , at new ( new to me ) House , well that's the excuse i'm using :lol: ..

I was thinking BL system , at a later date , of 5.5 <<< Yes i know it's nuts , just to see how it goes :D.