Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Driving my rc trucks at a model truck exhibition and 1:1 truck show in the next city yesterday and today. Made the mistake of eating an easter egg before bed and it's now 3am and my eyes are wider than a possum in headlights! :(

• Like 1

Great choice Dave.

BTW my 2 youngest passed thier grading and they are now purple belts : )

thats awesome Simon my two are going for their grading today, one for purple one for Orange.

I let my guys evaluate them.

Dave

Collected my Mercedes actros gigaspace truck from lhs complete unopened from the promised land.

Man there is a lot of plastic to paint on it.

First to order of eBay next week is the ballrace from RC bearings.

Moved a bit more stuff to the new gaff, the lexan that had been lost for over a year,which I bought for the vac former project turned up,inside a suitcase?!?!?

DSC_0017.jpg

• Like 2

Another quiet day at work meant I could get the second colour on my cut down Monster beetle shell. It looks orange in the pic but it's actually bright red.

12919098_10153574562866158_1846641276_n.

Had some more fun with the kyosho Blizzard on the hard snow. But realize removing all the extra weight that previous owner add, was a big mistake, it's no way to light at the rear, will have to add the weights again.

Today I poilshed a few parts...

IMG_4593_zpsnh8e8cau.jpg

now having a few beers to take my mind off the sores

• Like 4

This is how my cars looked after yesterdays bash...

large.image.jpeg.1556210b783b3d918eb0a5a

So on inspection a couple of issues, the hornet broke its rear shock mount (not the usual mounting location due to the mad bull gearbox)...

large.image.jpeg.f7026aafa60891d524157d6

So I took the opportunity to take the brushless motor out (it was pretty undriveable anyway in that guise) and put the original back end on and waterproof the stock electronics in the process...

large.image.jpeg.ac22e360e738378f8242c4a

The Aero Avante receiver got wet and packed up on the morning, but thankfully all was ok after taking it out and letting it dry,so today I made a support for it out of lexan and packed it in a Tamiya balloon so hopefully that won't happen again.

large.image.jpeg.ec728e91d39ba6e1ffdb140

And finally, having taken the Mad Bull box off the Hornet, the good news is I finished building up the Mad Bull, again waterproofing the electrics in the process...

large.image.jpeg.6f257935b257198962cde39

So a productive day all in and got to make use of some of the cable tidy I got a few days ago!

• Like 2

Pulled apart my Super Stock BZ and gave it a full on clean, it's not been performing well for a while so hopefully this will help, indications are good as it now runs without me having to give the car a push to get it going :)

This evening I decided the basic dimensions and made a template for my model caravan build, and ordered some scale accessories for it. There is a Fastrax sprue that appears ideal for this build, containing a gas bottle, small gas cooker, some cookware and two fire extinguishers. Along with a pair of jerry cans, they should add a nice touch of scale realism.

• Like 1

This is how my cars looked after yesterdays bash...

large.image.jpeg.1556210b783b3d918eb0a5a

So on inspection a couple of issues, the hornet broke its rear shock mount (not the usual mounting location due to the mad bull gearbox)...

large.image.jpeg.f7026aafa60891d524157d6

So I took the opportunity to take the brushless motor out (it was pretty undriveable anyway in that guise) and put the original back end on and waterproof the stock electronics in the process...

large.image.jpeg.ac22e360e738378f8242c4a

The Aero Avante receiver got wet and packed up on the morning, but thankfully all was ok after taking it out and letting it dry,so today I made a support for it out of lexan and packed it in a Tamiya balloon so hopefully that won't happen again.

large.image.jpeg.ec728e91d39ba6e1ffdb140

And finally, having taken the Mad Bull box off the Hornet, the good news is I finished building up the Mad Bull, again waterproofing the electrics in the process...

large.image.jpeg.6f257935b257198962cde39

So a productive day all in and got to make use of some of the cable tidy I got a few days ago!

Looks like you had one he'll of a day!

Breakages are a sign of a good days bashing lol

• Like 1

Few days ago I tidied up the loft to make room, nailed down all the old carpet I took out of the living room so I wasn't walking on the wooden boards.

Next thing is to get some shelving up to put the cars on and build a few more cars.

The loft is my area so the Mrs doesn't care what I do with it

Hopefully the pic will work

2A9E96FC-7C5D-4E7D-9C18-F2D0F1D8924A.jpg

• Like 6

The loft is my area so the Mrs doesn't care what I do with it

My wife likes my hobby, she's good with the two spaces I've setup :D Awesome to have lately... broke the one thing I had my buggy completely apart to fix, parts took a week. I was able to rebuild my F1 car in the other space.

• Like 1

I love these loft conversions, great man cave, perfect place for them all. I wish I could convert mine, I have a decent sized area but all my beams are w shaped beams and make the area unusablem:( !

I've gotten away woth taking over the conservatory but boy do I get it when its not left tidy. I have bits everywhere at the moment!

I love these loft conversions, great man cave, perfect place for them all. I wish I could convert mine, I have a decent sized area but all my beams are w shaped beams and make the area unusablem:( !

I've gotten away woth taking over the conservatory but boy do I get it when its not left tidy. I have bits everywhere at the moment!

It's good the last owners boarded the loft so all I've done is put down the old carpet, not exactly a professional job.

Need to add another light in there which I'll get done soon,

In the summer it's fine but it's cold up there in winter, might look into insulation between the roof joists this summer.

Going to put shelves up all on the chimney and just put cars up on there.

Ivegot a complete interior from a ford Capri up there atm, but then that's gone my scalextric is getting set up. Had it when I was about 10

• Like 3

Those Capri front seats want bolting down lol, in front of a playstation ;)

• Like 1

In the summer it's fine but it's cold up there in winter, might look into insulation between the roof joists this summer.

I was thinking of using 'kingspan' in the eves?

In the process of flooring my loft in the new gaff,I know once we move in,there's no chance as I need to turn the water and elec off to rejigger the plumbing and wiring!

Hoping to have my own section for RC too,small work station,shelving etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for that vid Rod, a WT always lands on its feet lol!

My mate loves your dump truck, Hornet can take a punch lol....by wooden posts........repeatedly!

That video gives a realistic representation of the track, great fun, perfect for our cars :)