Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This evening, in between scarifying the lawns, I've been hard shell spraying :D

and this morning it doesn't look half bad, which is a relief because I'm getting bored of the body work now :(

At least i have a few days off while the paint gasses off, hardens etc :D :D before lacquer and more sanding :( :(

Painted a Parma Cuda body for ummmmmm not sure but I just dont like the shell finish their decals are lame. So the paint is beautiful, but then I'm like meh! About it all together. A waste of 2hrs $12 in paint and a headache. But now I know. I have a basher body for something.

Tamiya fit and finish kinda spoil us so that average parts feel below average, hunh?

• Like 1

Actually, I have a package of those in my Stellamodels cart awaiting payday so I can finalize the order. By the time I order them and they ship, my next race day will be behind me. I ordered up the TD purples for my Arrma Fury SCT and never used them so thought I'd give them a go. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work out but I'm more looking forward to the Tamiya x-rings. I can already tell you that these purple TD o-rings aren't as smooth as the plain Jane Tamiya reds.

Went to my LHS to have a coffee and talk rubbish as I hadn't been in there in a while, 3 hours later I walk out with some styrene, another (umpteen) tin of TS-49 bright red for my Scania, and just quietly I also picked up some NOS clodbuster tyres for $10 from there (I dunno what for... but who turns away a bargain?! :D )

• Like 1

Oooh yes, quite a collection, stand out favourites for me are the Bruiser (like what you've done with that colour wise) the Brat and the Wild One.

I'm an insomniac anyway!

• Like 1

Oooh yes, quite a collection, stand out favourites for me are the Bruiser (like what you've done with that colour wise) the Brat and the Wild One.

I'm an insomniac anyway!

Thanks the Wild one is my favorite runner currently, the Brat was literally a box of scrap pieces after it came in a batch of three the original frame was cracked. The Bruiser I`m most pleased that it became everythin I hoped it would be. The WW are always going to be special, the wheeler is a bitsa project... its become my decompression source. I just got a student into the hobby and im looking forward to see what he does with his subaru brz tt02. Join the dark sode we have Tamiya. Lol. Going to bed. Peace
  • Like 1

Finally painted the decaled the Mazda 787b body for my Corally SP12M . Surprised at such a simple scheme, it had almost 100 decals !! But what a joy to mask, paint and decal it was.

13047920_1337047589642655_35300828427203

Wee pic beside its bigger brother.

13048053_1337047676309313_54957870135737

Thanks

James

:)

• Like 7

Added hpi 15t motor to my Aqroshot with the Tamiya heat sink. Hopefully this will solve my overheating issues. Also added rubber sealed bearings to all the wheels to hopefully keep all the dirt the regular ones were collecting. 

• Like 1

Finished the shell for my Aqroshot DT-03T ... added my decals, might do one more, but I like how they are looking so far :)

Aqroshot_01.jpg

Aqroshot_02.jpg

Aqroshot_03.jpg

Aqroshot_04.jpg

Will give it a spin around tomorrow if nice weather :) 

K

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kaylon said:

Finished the shell for my Aqroshot DT-03T ... added my decals, might do one more, but I like how they are looking so far :)

Aqroshot_01.jpg

Aqroshot_02.jpg

Aqroshot_03.jpg

Aqroshot_04.jpg

Will give it a spin around tomorrow if nice weather :) 

K

Love the Orange wheels and that shell looks great in black

Looks great Nobbi. Just needs a KITT led on the front now lol!!

I've finally pulled my finger out and got the decals on the Bruiser...

Here is box art...

large.image.jpeg.76c2ba4cd63a7cc7736610e

My house is 50:50 split at the moment on which looks better....

This; (which is box art less the prepared by Gearich racing which looks too cluttered to me and oddly positioned - as it has to be because of the screws down there)

large.image.jpeg.bfc6f123e0a99683236936a

Or this;

large.image.jpeg.0db548cca754a86e9454efa

(ignore the backing on the Bruiser decal, none of the extra ones are properly stuck yet).

So, question to all you fine people;

Is less more, or go with the more racer look of the two??

thanks

Nito

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Looks great Nobbi. Just needs a KITT led on the front now lol!!

I've finally pulled my finger out and got the decals on the Bruiser...

Here is box art...

large.image.jpeg.76c2ba4cd63a7cc7736610e

My house is 50:50 split at the moment on which looks better....

This; (which is box art less the prepared by Gearich racing which looks too cluttered to me and oddly positioned - as it has to be because of the screws down there)

large.image.jpeg.bfc6f123e0a99683236936a

Or this;

large.image.jpeg.0db548cca754a86e9454efa

(ignore the backing on the Bruiser decal, none of the extra ones are properly stuck yet).

So, question to all you fine people;

Is less more, or go with the more racer look of the two??

thanks

Nito

I'm not sure about any of the race decals - think I'd just go Hog Heaven and the drivers name under the rear cab behind the door

In fact I'm not sure about the driver name either

• Like 1

Seeing I ain't got my car back from the garage yet I did the front steering servo mod on my bruiser.

Ain't tryed it yet as I need another tie rod. Will get one from my lhs next weekend

Yesterday the Blitzer got a monster tyre upgrade to give it some decent ground clearance

IMG_20160423_170749_zpszofh3x9b.jpg

Today I gave the Clod Buster an hour long run.

IMG_20160424_140316_zpswuc81cg7.jpg

• Like 1