Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In addition to helping my son replace the front kick plate on his SCT I wired up a 7.5T 550 motor I bought for like $20 last Black Friday.

04.24.2016-19.49.png

Now this cabinet is not mine & they were going to take it . But

it's still here , So i am going to use it . Till they take it :D .

Why not , Will put in different cars ( vintage tamiya ) Maybe

today some time :P . Just throw theses in for now , As i needed

the room to put a bed in that room i had all my RC stuff . 

Got a rc weekend coming up & hoped to get a track done as well .

Got a dingo i hope to help ( dingo is a digger Name , Not the one that takes babies ) :lol: .

bbb2fb7cf088fb2c166ff8fd7d465994_zpstkjg

• Like 5

That looks a lovely chassis Tea Monster. The Schumacher was ruling everything back in my day.

37 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

That looks a lovely chassis Tea Monster. The Schumacher was ruling everything back in my day.

Cheers mate,

I really enjoy building these kits, I have this one and a SV2 which needs the body completing as well. Kit box and instruction manual are very well laid out with the components bagged up in the corresponding step number of the manual. Once I complete a few outstanding builds I think I will look at getting a 4wd. I also like to see how different manufacturers do things

• Like 2

Yesterday I got itchy fingers and had to do something RC, so I took the TT01 Bling chassis out from under my Silver pick up the 53 and put the GT3 shell on it (Red alloy with PS15 Pretty sexy), Its a slightly different fit as the other tt01 chassis is was on has been shortened its all done now and I may switch it back, but then I lengthened the other TT01 chassis to put the Pick up on. Futile really but I felt like I did something.

I want to take some Road cars to the track with my boys and I'm trying to figure out which shells will take the most abuse (rather which ones I'm willing to sacrifice). The Ford Gt is My eldest shell so that's a gimme, Ill probably give the little guy the Parma shell I just finished as it is pretty basic and fairly cheap $$$ wise but robust enough to bash.

• Like 1

Added a free sticker job to the £1 paint job. Found the shell rubs on the front CVA with balls on so might need to step screw it

93c1ad9d5e9b7fa3ad2fc0cb346154e5_zpsdk3t

• Like 2

Great minds and all that, Mud Blaster II decals, I did the same with my experimental Mad Bull shell...

gallery_28308_3756_141918.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Great minds and all that, Mud Blaster II decals, I did the same with my experimental Mad Bull shell...

gallery_28308_3756_141918.jpg

Just goes to show there are no new ideas in life :-)

• Like 1

Stripped down my losi T five .

7780524230c9b5aea37a0738777602eb_zpsgcya

Have rebuilt front & rear Gearbox's , That including redoing bearings ( removing rubber seal & cleaning repacking with grease etc ) . 

e025268a80050a3f83c7d6ef7983646f_zpsd3sj

Hope pic's work , as i see they are dropping off ? not sure if it's 

photobucket or the new forum . 

As the link code worked the other day & it's the same i have always used ... IMG code ?. 

Took my nearly complete Tomahawk out for a spin in the garden

IMG_3120.jpg

Awesome buggy, but discovered two things:

1) I've got too much throw on the steering servo, getting some ridiculous angle one way.

2) 17.5 brushless with a 2s lipo is borderline too much (wheelies are not what I expected)

3) If (2) then I really really really need to glue those rear tires on :D

• Like 1

Thought I'd go over the scuffs and scrapes on my daughter Lunchbox but rather than just clean it up I'd use oil paints to get a rust effect.

Before pics, the usual knocks and scrapes on a hard shell.

A134E2B2-14C4-46F1-B267-467EDD08825C_zps

5DBD1E17-AD51-406D-8110-F4D0058C3E48_zps

After a few mins with the artists oils. 

73C2BFFF-27EC-482A-8A56-20F5F5A9BB6E_zps

25A1CEFE-2993-4F42-8DC4-71FCD0C4B9C4_zps

DBE7BC46-D144-42CD-A6E6-5D9A0FDCC3A9_zps

The cracked windscreen looks more at home now! 

A287340B-A9F1-44D9-9A07-364951167144_zps

Much easier than trying to colour match the old paint and it looks pretty effective to me. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, mr crispy said:

Thought I'd go over the scuffs and scrapes on my daughter Lunchbox but rather than just clean it up I'd use oil paints to get a rust effect.

Before pics, the usual knocks and scrapes on a hard shell.

A134E2B2-14C4-46F1-B267-467EDD08825C_zps

5DBD1E17-AD51-406D-8110-F4D0058C3E48_zps

After a few mins with the artists oils. 

73C2BFFF-27EC-482A-8A56-20F5F5A9BB6E_zps

25A1CEFE-2993-4F42-8DC4-71FCD0C4B9C4_zps

DBE7BC46-D144-42CD-A6E6-5D9A0FDCC3A9_zps

The cracked windscreen looks more at home now! 

A287340B-A9F1-44D9-9A07-364951167144_zps

Much easier than trying to colour match the old paint and it looks pretty effective to me. 

Looks excellent, as you said it's much better than trying match the colour

• Like 1

Fantastic. Would be worth a how to thread on its own

• Like 2

I built a monster beetle.... one more of my childhood RC ticked off the wish list...

IMG_0730.JPG

• Like 6

Finished my TRF 201 body for bashing. I don't want to ruin my zahhak body since you can't get them anymore. I also went to the local shop and picked up jconcepts dirt web tires front and rear

image.jpg

• Like 1

One running Tomahawk. Now I just need to figure out what color to paint the body. Never tried Tamiya PS-33 Cherry Red. Anyone have thoughts on that color?

20160426_163051_zpsb06dvcqb.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Finished my TRF 201 body for bashing. I don't want to ruin my zahhak body since you can't get them anymore. I also went to the local shop and picked up jconcepts dirt web tires front and rear

Great choice for a basher body.  The 201 body is wicked thick and should hold up better than something like a Sand Viper body.

15 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

Great choice for a basher body.  The 201 body is wicked thick and should hold up better than something like a Sand Viper body.

Thanks it is a nice body and def. thicker. I know I'm in the extreme minority but I love the zahhak body. People bash it everywhere lol

15 hours ago, Theibault said:

One running Tomahawk. Now I just need to figure out what color to paint the body. Never tried Tamiya PS-33 Cherry Red. Anyone have thoughts on that color?

I seem to have a can of it myself, so I might have been thinking on the same lines :)

I sprayed a bit on some plastic, and you can see the comparison with what I painted mine, which is PS-2

IMG_0011.jpg

It'd certainly be bright :D

• Like 1