Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ordered more bits for my FWD buggy build - a set of wheels and tyres, some alloy wheel hexes, a steel pinion and a set of rubber-sealed bearings.

Met up with my nephew and a mate yesterday and we raced our TL01's, had a good laugh especially as he'd fitted a 15T motor into his car and it was virtually uncontrollable. All went well until we were drag racing and the lunatic TL T-boned me on full chat... and this happened 😁

1B390115-CF55-4524-BFC9-6B3717C2A1A4_zps

Soooo... has anyone got a spare TL01 chassis or even just that rear left section that holds the motor? That's all I really need.

1 hour ago, mr crispy said:

Soooo... has anyone got a spare TL01 chassis or even just that rear left section that holds the motor? That's all I really need.

My cut n shut TL-01 is being rechassis'd as a MF-01, so dependent upon whether the cut affects that section you are more than welcome to my parts if they are suitable,

I'll check the cut line tonight and let you know by PM.

• Like 1

Woke up with the blackbirds this morning, so got into work 40 minutes earlier than usual - grabbed the Manta Ray as I left the house, it was a box of parts by 7:30am. Good news is that other than a few slightly loose screws all it needs is a good clean up, before rebuilding.

2 hours ago, Percymon said:

My cut n shut TL-01 is being rechassis'd as a MF-01, so dependent upon whether the cut affects that section you are more than welcome to my parts if they are suitable,

I'll check the cut line tonight and let you know by PM.

Thanks Percymon, that's much appreciated.

opened up the Madcap, nothing brocken !! motor had slipped ! off to the park! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mr crispy said:

Sooo... has anyone got a spare TL01 chassis or even just that rear left section that holds the motor? That's all I really need.

I have one you are most welcome to if you need it matey.

• Like 1

step by step... I arrived at this point

CR01_00128_zpszwbp5rxq.jpg

wheels by GMADE, tyres rocklox by rc4wd. 1.9"

• Like 2

I am more accepting of the dual ridge design than when it came out, and you have done a great job of it, but every time i see that front body post I am like Austin Powers in the 'mole' scene. :wacko: Bad form, Tamiya.

I'll continue the Dual Ridge theme. 

I saw this design in a thread on here last year, always fancied creating something similar. I've had the wheels for a while, they've had a run out on a few buggies. Got round to building and painting the buggy this week. 

image.jpeg

Nee to to pick out some additional decals, and a little retouching on the paint. But overall I'm pleased with the outcome. 

Far too easy to donut on these tyres, I need to figure out if I can remedy that. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, berman said:

I am more accepting of the dual ridge design than when it came out, and you have done a great job of it, but every time i see that front body post I am like Austin Powers in the 'mole' scene. :wacko: Bad form, Tamiya.

Thanks for the comment, I agree about the body post, very strange position for it

Today I discovered I left two lipos sitting in a car after a run for too long and the apparently dropped below the low voltage cut off. Short error on both of them. Guess I need two new 3s packs :wacko:

I built my Wild Willy 2 chasis, just waiting for the dampers to come in. Now for the hard part...the body.

6 hours ago, Sayer said:

Today I discovered I left two lipos sitting in a car after a run for too long and the apparently dropped below the low voltage cut off. Short error on both of them. Guess I need two new 3s packs :wacko:

I've had this happen, and when I hooked them up to a cheap charger balancer I managed to bring them back to life.  I'm pretty sure 1 of the 2, I tried this on works again. 

8 hours ago, Sayer said:

You can bring them back to life , Put it on HMIH charge to bring up voltage . Then lipo charger will pick it up after that & charge it .

I have done this a few times . YOU only want to bring it up above the cut off point about & that's it .

Don't fully charge it on HMIH . 

Like i said i have done this a few time's & it's fine . 

I was gonna take the revo out for the first time in a year but noticed the steering was very tight so took the both servos out and apart one moved fine but the other one is really hard to move even by hand so gonna take it apart to see if I can fix it if not then it a new one. Also noticed all the ball joint Gators have perished so got replace them again.

1 hour ago, matman said:

You can bring them back to life , Put it on HMIH charge to bring up voltage . Then lipo charger will pick it up after that & charge it .

I have done this a few times . YOU only want to bring it up above the cut off point about & that's it .

Don't fully charge it on HMIH . 

Like i said i have done this a few time's & it's fine . 

I'm a bit paranoid, but lesson learned. If you have an esc with dual plugs to accept 2 packs, don't leave the batteries plugged in because you got distracted after a run.

Got outbid (massively) on a fire dragon bodyset :(

Finished the Blitzer Beetle today. The front shocks are a little soft but otherwise it's a fun car to drive. 

13292916_10153702309661158_1741068578_n%

13249570_10153702309666158_1873155681_n.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Finished the Blitzer Beetle today. The front shocks are a little soft but otherwise it's a fun car to drive. 

13292916_10153702309661158_1741068578_n%

Looks sweet 🙂 Love the custom canister on the front and the green body clips, any other mods planned?

Finally got around to replacing the power steering pipe on my 1:1.

image.jpeg

On RC, build a set of DT03 cva's bought in the Tamico deal and rere Sand scorcher dampers for my vintage hilux but unusually for Tamiya they got the packing wrong on the latter, meaning one of my shocks is incomplete. They use two types of white spacer, one between the e-clips and then 2 matching white ones either side of the red o ring. I ended up with 5 of one and 7 of the other, instead of 4 and 8! Have emailed the supplier.

large.image.jpeg.8dde04cfa2ed9134cafcef7

Also got around to glueing the driver hand and steering wheel on my recently acquired vintage hilux which got damaged in shipping. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Oh, and used a labelling machine to mark up the switches/functions on my 10ch radio!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sayer said:

I'm a bit paranoid, but lesson learned. If you have an esc with dual plugs to accept 2 packs, don't leave the batteries plugged in because you got distracted after a run.

Nothing to be Paranoid about , all your doing is bringing up the charge to be able to lipo charge it .  I'm lucky if it's on for a minute , just to put it up above the low  lipo voltage , so it allows you to charge the lipo . It's not rocket science :lol: Luckily .

So it does not get hot or anything , NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT .  I would not say to you do this , if it would

blow up etc . It's not a USA film :lol: ..  OR is it :P .  

Working the Hornet re-re body helped me ease my mind from some difficulties I'm facing nowadays.

Here's a couple of pictures. I used a knife and a roundy dremel tip to make the round corners right.

fixing tamiya hornet re-re body photo IMG_7178_zpsgh9jesji.jpg

fixing tamiya hornet re-re body photo IMG_7185_zpsyj8iiivd.jpg

You all have a good week! :)

• Like 4

Grabbed the disappointing RHD fibreglass resin dash I bought for my MAN and hollowed out the underneath  (to make it lighter) and bogged and shaped it a bit to try and make it look more presentable. Then painted it. It looks ok, but still not a satisfactory product for what i paid. 

• Like 1