Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Effigy3 said:

Is that a Parma or HPI body?  I'm likely going to get something new this December and a TA-07 Pro is on my list.  I'm considering running it in VTA class while my boy runs his TT-02 in GTA class.  If I go this route, I'll just have to find a VTA body that I like.

NM: I see from a later post that it's an HPI.  :mellow:

I had a little trouble tracking this one down, it's the one piece HPI 68 camaro, the 69 camaro by hpi like the mustangs are a 2 piece shell which means using double sided tape after painting. The Gto is hpi also but it's for the savage monster truck. Had a blower on the hood at first but I prefer the more subtle look. May do another as the has road rash from a few rollovers at speed. Lol. Fun fun fun 

• Like 1

Firstly I hope this post isn't too long but I didn't think it was really up to being put in the builds section. I've been working on my baja champ for a short while. It was bought 16 years ago and put together with the sole intention of bashing it about without a care in the world. Recently I decided to show it some love. 

This is the state it has been in for about a decade and a half

20150303_002906-1_zpsdnh4rjx3.jpg

20150303_002846-2_zps7mvzutkx.jpg

I stripped the poor thing down, washed and cleaned everything. I then fit rubber sealed bearings all round, fit an electric speed controller and 15t thunderbolt motor. I kept the old mhz receiver in there for the time until I get a 2.4ghz receiver so I van use my code transmitter.

● Fit larger aluminium shocks with 95mm rear, 85mm fasttrax shocks

● Hornet front bumper, maverick scout rear bumper with vw motor

● Wheel centres sprayed silver to give impression of larger tyres

● Shell stripped and sparyed tamiya ps3

● Finished with Gulf decal set

● Added driver

Here's how it looks now

20160824_163859_zpszqnx8bqm.jpg

20160824_163740_zpsxffezu9w.jpg

The inspiration was from seeing some of the older style buggies such as the frog, hornet and buggy champ plus the kyosho tomahawk and making a more modern buggy have that old school feel. All I've got to do now is paint, decal and fit the spotlights which will be going in the same postion as on the grasshopper and it's finished.

*A tamiya is never finished :lol:

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

Amazing paint respray/restore. Love the HPI motor in there LOL... i've powered my TT02 with one.   Your painting gives me an idea of what to do with my cutout, but mint CLK GTR shell B)

• Like 1

Thanks Firefoxussr. For a 16 year old car with its original shell it turned out pretty well. Yes the HPI motor is pretty nippy and dirt cheap, love it. 

Don't forget to post some pics of your CLK GTR shell ;)

• Like 1

Fitted a steel bumper (arrived within 7 days from HK to UK), along with a winch! :)

8Atwkaj.jpg

zZ2Kv44.jpg

1JOmxmp.jpg

• Like 3

Bought a new FF01...

Well I say new, it's used...

I say used, it's in bits :lol: 

• Like 4

Building my Wild One.
Interesting design really. Doesn't seem particularly robust though.

I think the quality of Tamiya kits has dropped a bit with these re-re's

enjoying getting back into tamiya 2 weeks before my 40th bday ;)

the RR lunchbox is staying as shelfware

the RR beetle has had a good run and battering and loved every minute

the TT02B MS has been unpacked today from ebay, ESC and radio gear fitted and scared the kids on the street ;)

JJ

Pulled out the TS

IMG_20160826_175132_538_zpsp3dhfods.jpg

Switched out the 540 for this lil goldie

IMG_20160826_175152_017_zpscrvlsyge.jpg

My son was doing a bit of back yard racing, he'd not touched the cars for a while but felt the need to set up some kind of random plant-pot gymkhana :lol:

IMG_20160826_170352_172_zpsawaniycb.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Pulled out the TS

Love this TS and the colour blue what colour is it?

• Like 1

Finished masking my new Blitzer body and cleaning & masking the rims.

IMG_3159_zpsjppaju2a.jpg

Painting Monday, farewell to the bright orange !  

• Like 1

Met up with @Fuijo and his wife, and took them to our local track. We had a blast, his hopped-up TB01 performed far better than I expected and most importantly, none of us suffered any breakages on our cars. 

To to be repeated! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

Love this TS and the colour blue what colour is it?

I don't actually know :unsure: it was painted by Percymon who is a member here. I rarely ever buy finished models but I had to have this as it's stunning and with the lightweight avante rims it reminds me of the mini 4wd version I had as a kid. 

I sold a lot of models last year, this one remains :wub:

13 minutes ago, GooneyBird said:

Met up with @Fuijo and his wife, and took them to our local track. We had a blast, his hopped-up TB01 performed far better than I expected and most importantly, none of us suffered any breakages on our cars. 

To to be repeated! :)

That was great fun GooneyBird. Thanks very much for that. The TB rides again!

I honestly didn't realise how much fun it would be, otherwise I would have done it years ago. Oh well. Better late than never.

I've started stripping the car this morning to see how it faired. No damage at all as far as I can see. The slight pulling to the right at the end of the evening was the aluminium steering set

vibrating itself loose. The ball ends have no means of tightening other than by hand so I'm going to have to thread-lock them and hope I never need to undo them.

Very much looking forward to next time. What a blast! :)

9 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Pulled out the TS

Switched out the 540 for this lil goldie

IMG_20160826_175152_017_zpscrvlsyge.jpg

Such a tease :( ha

JJ

Put my battery on charge in preparation for a bash in the park later if the weather holds...

8 hours ago, Novastar said:

Finished masking my new Blitzer body and cleaning & masking the rims.

IMG_3159_zpsjppaju2a.jpg

Painting Monday, farewell to the bright orange !  

What colour are the rims going to be novastar? And are you going for standard stadium blitzer colour and decals or have you got

other plans?

My transmitter was getting a bit boring. The decals started peeling off, and it was covered in scratches and bald spots from years and years of kicking it in the A-mains scraping by in races. ;) It still works really well, and I can operate it with my eyes closed, hands tied behind my back and my pinkie up my nose (don't ask, it's a yoga-thing), it just looked a little worse for wear  

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I received a decal wrap set from my parents for my birthday (which is today, hooray!) and set out to doll it up. Removing the old decals took all morning, with the glue sometimes absolutely baked into the plastic, and the laminated stickers themselves disintegrating when I tried to peel them off. Add to the fact that the radio itself was rather grimy and you can imagine the work this took

Nevertheless, some time and many rags soaked in either brake cleaner or sticker glue remover later, we had a 'naked' DX3S. The wrap set fit well, and while some holes were cut a little on the small side, the end result looks very good. It feels like a new radio (might have something to do with the thorough cleaning as well), and really spruces up the thing. Of course, newer radios are nice, but I'm not made of money and I feel it's wrong to discard something just because it looks bad and isn't the latest and greatest anymore. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

(yes, that's a TRF decal from the stash. Tamiya represent!) Also, cup of coffee. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

(yes, that's a TRF decal from the stash. Tamiya represent!) Also, cup of coffee. 

Selects Duran Duran's New Religion from the playlist.... The Jedi one is so last year dahling!

7 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

My transmitter was getting a bit boring. The decals started peeling off, and it was covered in scratches and bald spots from years and years of kicking it in the A-mains scraping by in races. ;) It still works really well, and I can operate it with my eyes closed, hands tied behind my back and my pinkie up my nose (don't ask, it's a yoga-thing), it just looked a little worse for wear  

I received a decal wrap set from my parents for my birthday (which is today, hooray!) and set out to doll it up. Removing the old decals took all morning, with the glue sometimes absolutely baked into the plastic, and the laminated stickers themselves disintegrating when I tried to peel them off. Add to the fact that the radio itself was rather grimy and you can imagine the work this took

Nevertheless, some time and many rags soaked in either brake cleaner or sticker glue remover later, we had a 'naked' DX3S. The wrap set fit well, and while some holes were cut a little on the small side, the end result looks very good. It feels like a new radio (might have something to do with the thorough cleaning as well), and really spruces up the thing. Of course, newer radios are nice, but I'm not made of money and I feel it's wrong to discard something just because it looks bad and isn't the latest and greatest anymore. 

I have one of these & it's younger brother, To me it is a brilliant radio :) But hey anything that is looked after will be good for ages, even my old 27/29mhz radios :D