Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, mr crispy said:

Turns out these beadlocksĀ aren't as tough as they look šŸ˜¬

Get down to the shop for some superglue, She'll be fineĀ ^_^

• Like 1

Both lofts are now done! What a job! Half filled the container with (mostly!) my stuff, found an Amiga 1200HD I didn't even know I had! Bonus! We've only got the garden shed and the greenhouse (used as an extra storage area!) to go now then its done! Maybe 2 or 3 more van loads, then the other epic job or sifting through it all properly can begin! PHEW!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chevelle said:

Get down to the shop for some superglue, She'll be fineĀ ^_^

Already swapped over to some tougher Tamiya's I had in the spears. They just need a rusty wash to match the body.

F3130F7B-38BF-4384-B914-E95288142187_zps

Ā 

• Like 2

Actually sold an RC body! Ā It's going to a good home where I know it'll be treasured.

Aaaand I did win the M06 after being outbid, so that worked out nicely.

1 minute ago, mr crispy said:

Already swapped over to some tougher Tamiya's I had in the spears. They just need a rusty wash to match the body.

I haveĀ sparesĀ ofĀ spearsĀ myself. Ā ;)

• Like 1

Flipping smart phones šŸ™„Ā You know I actually used a real keyboard last week... I was amazed how well I could type!

• Like 2

Bought a new house, so need to start planning the new hobbyroom :-)Ā 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mr crispy said:

F3130F7B-38BF-4384-B914-E95288142187_zps

Ā 

What size wheels are those mr crispy, are they 1.9? Also whats the outer diameter? Oh and where did youĀ get them? Sorry for the millions of questionsĀ :lol:Ā They'd look nice for a scaler project I have in mind.Ā B)

6 hours ago, Terz1 said:

What size wheels are those mr crispy, are they 1.9? Also whats the outer diameter? Oh and where did youĀ get them? Sorry for the millions of questionsĀ :lol:Ā They'd look nice for a scaler project I have in mind.Ā B)

I believe those are the stock wheels for the TA02T Ā f150 Baja. Nice rim sold mine on a vintage CamaroĀ tl01Ā 

• Like 1

Thanks dave. They are a nice rim. I'll have to keep an eye out for a set. I thought they might be aftermarket chinese ones but even betterĀ to know they're tamiya.Ā 

Been a while since I checked in.Ā 

Still working on my Turbo City "Bulldog 504" build, and now the guys have put together a Motocompo for the cargo area...

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img42077_8120164

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img42077_8120164

• Like 9

I've seen a lot of these recently. It's never been a kit that's been on my radar but there seems to be a lot of love out there forĀ them. Good job s2-g2.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Terz1 said:

Wheels are Tamiya from the CC01 Pajero Sport kit I built earlier this yearĀ and are the usual 1.9 size, 26mm width jobbies. Tyres are a 90mm Kong style I picked up from a Honkers eBay dealer some years ago. They are very soft and give great grip, that's why I was using the beadlocks. I've had to thoroughly super glue them down after adding a strip of lead to eachĀ wheelĀ to help keep it rubber side down. Getting fed up with cracked wheels so I'm sticking with Tamiya for now šŸ˜‹

• Like 1

They certainly look well on the bugĀ :). I might have to find some tyres with a slightly bigger diameter, may be 96mm or 100mm. It's for my scout crawler to scaler project so 90mm may look a little small. The actual wheels though are just the style I fancy.Ā B)

• Like 1

Plus it would be nice to have some tamiya stuff on it.Ā B)

• Like 1

I have the 96mm version of these on my Pajero Rally Sport šŸ˜‹

4408A891-1D63-4B7A-A9CE-28B29E42A8AD_zps

Better ground clearance and only needed a very slight trimming of the arches.

I did try them on the Baja but they looked a bit OTT to my mind.

E2C34F25-99D0-421A-AC5F-80E91EFD453B_zps

• Like 3

Found my white wale RC car with shell. Ā Anyone who speaks decentĀ French, may need your help translating. Ā Also if the seller doesn't want to ship to the USA.

213576.jpg

• Like 1

Today I installed the one set of tamiya universal driveshafts for my tt-02b ms. The other set has not arrived yet. I also received from tower 3 Robinson pinions for it. A newĀ 20t cause I am convinced something is wrong with my other and 22t and 23t

21 hours ago, Carts said:

The Pajero rally sport looks awesome Mr Crispy

Thanks šŸ˜‹ I've got a rally cockpit interior to fit and detail a bit. Me being me I'll end up linking the crews heads to move with the steering no doubt šŸ˜¬

On 12/09/2016 at 5:00 PM, Flerbizky said:

100% not RC related. Instead of painting drawers and doors in the kitchen, I'm toying with vinyl. 1st attempt (:

ZuOBUJC.jpg

At the risk of knocking this well off-topic, please let us know how it goes. Been thinking of doing this myself!

I set aside some time to finish trimming my Bowler body ready for paint but got sidetracked.

@IBIFTKHĀ sent me a battery cover for my WW2 so I plugged in my new battery to my new charger ready for a run tomorrow.

Then thought "what if I.." and got out my old battery and started fiddling. A change of toggle switch on the tx, jumper setting on the ESC and swapping over the motor wires (having read the ESC manual) and BOTH chassis now run again.

So, a big big thank you to Rob. I now have a functioning RC in the form of the WW2. So much fun pulling wheelies in the lounge, hoping for a run in the garden tomorrow - no more thunderstorms, please!!!

IMG_0266_zpscpdr5cou.jpg~original

• Like 1

I'm preparing my 1981 SR chassis for it to meet the original body that is already on its way to me. I was SO GLAD to do it, but when I unpacked the new wheels I had for it I found out the front tires cracked. How could this be possible!? They were new and spent how much like three years out of the sun, in a bag inside a box and they are cracked now? This happened only with the front ones, the rear ones are still fresh new. Man, I'm gutted :(

1981 Sand Rover wheels photo IMG_8416_zpsndvo54u2.jpg

Sand Rover Tamiya 1981 photo IMG_8411_zpswgoi7omv.jpg

There'll be a Sand Rover build/resto thread in a few days ;)

You all have a fantastic Sunday! :)

Ā 

Had my first proper RC run in the back garden today. It should have been the Bowler I have been working on but I'm still trimming the body. Should have finished it today but had too much fun doing this...

IMG_0285_zpsbgljxazv.png~original

And yes, I realised later that the rear wheels were the wrong way round.

• Like 2