Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had the whole week off work and aside from a couple of days for other jobs I've spent it all doing RC stuff :D Got a couple more bodies painted and all the spoilers, mirrors, wheels and cockpit sets painted for my next 10 cars, which should see me through winter.

Also finished this today: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=129716&sid=43050

934-49400-jager-frontside-straightwheels

• Like 8

Intrigued how you got the wider tyres on the MST rims? I have the same conundrum with my road version 934 - the wheel design is better but I can't have the big fat slicks. 

How'd you manage it? 

17 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Picked up another nib Terra Conqueror yesterday, and some old wheels and an old speed passion motor at a sale. 

p9eAd6X.jpg?2

Nice buy... did you find it in Norway? 

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Nice buy... did you find it in Norway? 

I probably should've specified this a little better. The wheels and motor are from a sale at nortrading, as he is planning to retire. The Terra Conqueror is from the good old www. 

9 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

I probably should've specified this a little better. The wheels and motor are from a sale at nortrading, as he is planning to retire. The Terra Conqueror is from the good old www. 

ahh, I c :-)  I would have been mighty impressed if you found it for sale in a store :-) 

Very nice collection you have, I'm also wanting the Terra Conqueror and a Top Force, hope to get them nib one day.

7 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Intrigued how you got the wider tyres on the MST rims? I have the same conundrum with my road version 934 - the wheel design is better but I can't have the big fat slicks. 

How'd you manage it? 

At the moment the tyres "overhang" the inner edge of the rim, so the bead is only mounted on the outside. There's a 24mm tyre foam inside to hold the shape.

My plan is to get a second set of the wheel barrels and using a pipe cutter, cut and then glue two slightly wider than halves together to make them 30mm wide.

Had a productive RC evening, I think i've finally found the right shell and wheel combo for my WT01-N

large.IMG_1055.JPG.ae0babd4ff0fc98ec7ccc

I think the Brat works perfectly with the narrow track setup, looks almost scale with a high lift kit. Contraption on the back is a go pro mount, I was going to drill 2 holes in it for the body mount posts to go through but on second thoughts I think I better velcro in case of a rollover!!

I spent this evening trying to find a way to mount led's to it. I preferred the idea of mounting to the chassis so I don't need to mess about with unplugging wires with shell removal. This truck will be my contender for the top speed challenge.

here is my led setup...(Ignore the wiring I haven't tidied it yet...)

Front led's using unused WT spares/sprue parts, these are unused damper bodies mounted to antenna mount and fitted to the front damper attachment points.

large.IMG_1059.JPG.51c905aaa59376bc75d57

large.IMG_1061.JPG.1be44cd0b242eb1445335

And rears are using some TL01 gearbox part I think, it's a left over on the WT sprue...mounted to the rear of the pogo stick shock body...

large.IMG_1056.JPG.5747846cfadbbcf7a9e1b

large.IMG_1062.JPG.218f5e760ea434636becf

• Like 2

Succeeded in having a bash with the TL01, my Mad Bull and the Beemer Rat rod today. Left me with a big smile on my face,but slightly disturbed that the oldest,and most primitive design gave me the most enjoyment. There's something about the ORV chassis that I find deeply pleasing!

Got home from work and stared at my Monster Beetle body and decided "ah sod it, its gonna be a runner so why spend hours painting it?" , so I have decaled the body as it is and have laid down 2 super thin coats of clear lacquer over it. Another 2-3 thin coats, 1 or 2 final heavier coats and it should be nice and shiny, but in a 'its gonna be a runner and thrashed' sort of way. :)

James

:)

13 hours ago, Jim_GT-R said:

Got home from work and stared at my Monster Beetle body and decided "ah sod it, its gonna be a runner so why spend hours painting it?" , so I have decaled the body as it is and have laid down 2 super thin coats of clear lacquer over it. Another 2-3 thin coats, 1 or 2 final heavier coats and it should be nice and shiny, but in a 'its gonna be a runner and thrashed' sort of way. :)

James

Curious about how it looks now. A couple of pictures of it would be nice, Jim. ;)

• Like 1

Home from work and have stripped and dismantled the old Grasshopper that I have had for 3 year in the loft!! Todays plan - Wash and dry all the parts and rebuild it with my 3.5 year old son, which it will be for him (and yes he is surprisingly handy with tools!!) take loads of pics and upload along with my MB pics too :)

James

• Like 2

Curious how the Monster Beetle looks James, I'm in a similar position with a black Lunchbox body. Paint black or just lacquer?!  Would anyone even notice?!! 

Perhaps add "polish" as an option too?

My mate has two limited edition Grasshoppers - a green one and a black one. The green one is painted and lacquered, the black one was simply polished with the plastic polish that we use at work to recondition the plastic fascias of domestic electronics. Both appear equally shiny, but the black one can be "touched up" far more easily by simply polishing out any minor scrapes.

If my Mad Bull shell had been moulded in black rather than white, this is the approach I would have chosen.

So having decided that I'm going to keep the Celica Grb, I took it out of storage last week and today got a proper look over it. My plan is to strip her down and clean it, lube it and check for any hidden damage. The car was only ever driven maybe 10 times on tarmac so I'm hoping there are no nasty surprises. One rear wishbone is broken but I have some spare. Any advice on what to use to clean the plastic parts? How can I get the wheels nice and white again?

On 17 October 2016 at 10:42 PM, Nitomor said:

Had a productive RC evening, I think i've finally found the right shell and wheel combo for my WT01-N

large.IMG_1055.JPG.ae0babd4ff0fc98ec7ccc

I think the Brat works perfectly with the narrow track setup, looks almost scale with a high lift kit. Contraption on the back is a go pro mount, I was going to drill 2 holes in it for the body mount posts to go through but on second thoughts I think I better velcro in case of a rollover!!

I spent this evening trying to find a way to mount led's to it. I preferred the idea of mounting to the chassis so I don't need to mess about with unplugging wires with shell removal. This truck will be my contender for the top speed challenge.

here is my led setup...(Ignore the wiring I haven't tidied it yet...)

Front led's using unused WT spares/sprue parts, these are unused damper bodies mounted to antenna mount and fitted to the front damper attachment points.

large.IMG_1059.JPG.51c905aaa59376bc75d57

large.IMG_1061.JPG.1be44cd0b242eb1445335

And rears are using some TL01 gearbox part I think, it's a left over on the WT sprue...mounted to the rear of the pogo stick shock body...

large.IMG_1056.JPG.5747846cfadbbcf7a9e1b

large.IMG_1062.JPG.218f5e760ea434636becf

Awesome modding for the LED's, man alive what an awesome WT-01 that is, even if it is narrow lol!

Why thank you sir :)

This will be fitted with the Square RC Sustain high speed gear set and 25T pinion. Oh and the all important lightweight shafts lol, well if a jobs worth doing and all that!

large.IMG_1088.JPG.32a2918a6da98c4339414

Cheers

Nito

• Like 1

Ordered a new Amarok WT-01N kit.

Just need to order a cc01 landfreeder and pajero plus a mud blaster II and I am all kitted out for this month. 

• Like 1

Prescient is a carbon copy of me... I just finished my Mud  Blaster on a WT-01  and just received a CC01 Landfreeder which I am trying to mod to accept a Pajero shell to fit.

Today - trying to mod a CC01 for Pajero rear body post fitting, used some spare 1/8 posts from the parts bin... might work!

Pajero shell fits like so

sAxlx2g.jpg?1

My Mod

gH25Swo.jpg

NWFAG80.jpg

Yes they rub the sides on the Landfreeder shell.. flipping inside will work, only other worry will be depth at the rear being either too short or too long. 

I picked up my Clod Buster - it's in quite good original condition - I'll take some pics and start a thread for it later.

• Like 3

Rebuilt my diff in my dn01 but when i got to installing the diff balls i realized the trf ceramic balls i bought months ago are the wrong size, they are 3mm and i need 3/32. So i ran to the race track and got associated set of balls.

if anyone wants/needs trf 3mm ceramic diff balls message me. 

It's labour weekend here, so we went to the beach this morning.

Got inundated with parents asking what my lunchbox was and where to buy one, gave a few kids a turn too (and had a few purse dogs chase it!).

All the while my pregnant wife chased my 18mo daughter around as she kept going for the water and kept giving random people hugs! :lol: :rolleyes:

20161023_100132_zpsym5gmzhg.jpg

• Like 11