Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing too exciting but I replaced the nasty old hubs on my Sonic fighter with some new ones I received from mongoose1983 ^_^

ervVQUv.jpg

• Like 3

The slipper eliminator has been removed and the slipper clutch has been reinstalled.  FWIW I'll be running a 69T spur gear and a 30T pinion for an FDR of 5.98.  The target FDR for a 17.5T motor is 6.

12.10.2016-07.58.png

My 201 is now as back to stock configuration as I'm going to move it.  I'm awaiting the Robinson Racing steel 30T pinion gear but I'm in no hurry since this guy is going out to pasture until I find a loose dirt track to race him on.  

This is how he'll be on display until the new body arrives.  Once the new body arrives I'll post up a new pic.

12.10.2016-08.19.png

• Like 4

Rebranding the previously debranded through rebranding Mabuchi motor or something...;)

large.IMG_1129.JPG.17e6802c369d52e9daf0d

Long wait for the Big Wig now lol ;)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Rebranding the previously debranded through rebranding Mabuchi motor or something...;)

Didn't realise that they would look that convincing with the rebranded stickers! I'm well impressed :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nitomor said:

I am thoroughly confused, but anyway, was it worth the $20 sticker???? Unless there is another maker of those decals that I haven't found yet, that was what I thought they cost. BTW, are those Tamiya decal scissors??? I have been meaning to buy myself some, but never have yet. Christmas is near, perhaps Santa can fill my stocking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

BTW, are those Tamiya decal scissors??? I have been meaning to buy myself some, but never have yet. Christmas is near, perhaps Santa can fill my stocking.

I looked at those, but they're only for water slide decals, not RC stickers. In the products description it says:

"Note: The sharpness of the scissors will last long if used for paper decals only. Do not use for vinyl stickers like the ones found in an R/C car kit."

9 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

I looked at those, but they're only for water slide decals, not RC stickers. In the products description it says:

"Note: The sharpness of the scissors will last long if used for paper decals only. Do not use for vinyl stickers like the ones found in an R/C car kit."

Truck, you are a saint, I would have thrown away my money. Thank you.

The decals came from Canada, $10+shipping a sheet for 12nr decals. The only let down is there is not as much black above the rx540 text as there should be. Otherwise the quality is great, I can't comment on heat resistance yet.

17 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

The decals came from Canada, $10+shipping a sheet for 12nr decals. The only let down is there is not as much black above the rx540 text as there should be. Otherwise the quality is great, I can't comment on heat resistance yet.

Got a set too, I find them to be a bit to wide to fit on the can. Did you had to cut some from the sides?

• Like 1

HVODiv1.jpg

Started putting the decals on the Jimny this afternoon.  Very happy to get the headlights done with almost zero wrinkles because it's a very curved surface.  I had to quit before finishing the rest though because of a couple of power-outages meant I couldn't rely on the hairdryer being available.

• Like 4

Been playing with some of Magic2002's mini-Wild Willy stuff off of Shapeways.  I've been busier on Instagram than here recently, but I wanted to share these...  Apologies if a cross-post breaks any sort of etiquette (?) - but, this was the best way I could think to share the video...

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, s2-g2 said:

Been playing with some of Magic2002's mini-Wild Willy stuff off of Shapeways.  I've been busier on Instagram than here recently, but I wanted to share these...  Apologies if a cross-post breaks any sort of etiquette (?) - but, this was the best way I could think to share the video...

Fantastic! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s2-g2 said:

Brilliant! I picked up the little WW2 and controller from Shapeways too! I can't see me being as inventive, I plan to put them into back of the WW2 with a few other bits n bobs.

• Like 1

Found a seller near me with a few nice kits, he put one aside for me (Jun Hornet 042/240) and I don't know what happened... but...

large.IMG_1391.JPG.13ffcb86f850d6c6da676

Needless to say these will likely be getting put away for xmas!! Really delighted and excited, it's a lovely haul and I'm an exceptionally lucky chap today :) 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Found a seller near me with a few nice kits, he put one aside for me (Jun Hornet 042/240) and I don't know what happened... but...

large.IMG_1391.JPG.13ffcb86f850d6c6da676

Needless to say these will likely be getting put away for xmas!! Really delighted and excited, it's a lovely haul and I'm an exceptionally lucky chap today :) 

Nice haul! He does seem to be dumping a lot if his kits, I was watching the Bruiser earlier

Yes, that sold at lunchtime, buyer travelling all the way from Ipswich apparently, though they bought another of his kits (Dark Impact) also. They were all immaculately kept, really nice seller. I spoke to him earlier in the week re the Jun which was listed in the description as other kits he had available. 

just tested out of the door

OK, not a Tamiya model. Team Magic E6 Trooper, 775 brushed motor, 7,2V NiMh x 2.

Bought a NIB Tamiya 50290 Technigold Motor...been searching for a while for good deal and time came :-)

• Like 2

Drove a 95 mile round trip to my 'local' model shop.  Actually, it was yesterday, but I like that they were open on a Sunday. :)

Had a couple of new cars out for a proper run today.

Secondly,the FTX Outback Treka I bought myself for my birthday/Christmas 

image_zps4xhxkwvf.jpeg

**** good little car for the money. Survived a dip into the river,and climbed some pretty slippy slopes without issues. It's a real competitor to cars like the Maverick Scout!

• Like 2

And firstly, my Ripmax Across

image_zpsx9yohygw.jpeg

Goes like stink,lots of suspension movement,just needs a bigger battery!

• Like 1

this is more the last couple of weeks. With my shed built and shelving in it, I've starting tidying and sorting and importantly throwing stuff I no longer need away, including a station wagon full of old computer parts :rolleyes:     While going through stuff I realised I had a lot of boxes for my RC projects with no labels. So I fixed that by printing my own stickers/labels for each car I have. Each is about 50 mm x 50 mm and I printed 60 :blink:

model-box-stickers-1.jpg

I'd also made a commitment this year not to buy anymore cars until I got a number of projects finished, well that didn't last long! I won a CC01 Pajero on eBay, which arrived today and I got to choose what my wife is buying me for christmas. I ended up choosing the M06 VW Beetle.

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-1.jpg

• Like 7

Those box art stickers are awesome, well done. Where did you get the artwork from for each, did you put that together (the kit number and logo plus box art) or is there some reference site that has them?

I keep saying to myself no more kits until I finish projects. It's becoming a proper problem now! I think I'd get counselling if I could afford it but I keep spending on RC stuff, Oh dear!!

• Like 1