Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started building my Bruiser...You can clearly see why it's a €540 kit. The chassis has 9 plastic parts. The rest is all metal and beautifully made too. What a kit!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Cleared some frost with the DF02:

_20161230_213121.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Broke it of course. Best way to fix this? Am thinking that a reinforced shock brace may be enough seeing as most of the tower is there still. Otherwise going to have to buy a whole new sprue:

DSC_0120.jpg

A frosted rear wing, added weight improves downforce.. bet u got cold fingers on that run.

Charged a 3s lipo and Popped in a 5200kv motor into one of my Tamiya for a speed run later today... will also visit work on a Saturday to collect some goodies the postie has delivered there.... this is all subject to the approval of my 9 month old daughter and her mood!

• Like 1

Finally found a look I like for the Lowride Pumpkin. Now I can stop messing about with the chassis and get the body done.

8 hours ago, stonedef said:

Nice to see a body on my vintage Mudblaster after all these years

WP_20161231_13_23_23_Pro_LI_zpstyu0wvtw.

This look's familiar :o I still need to complete the body on my basically new built M/blaster :wacko: Are you going to do box art on it? :)

tmbwnt1.jpg

• Like 1

That's my plan but it won't be a shelf queen, I want to run it. 

I have the front, rear bumper and driver parts tree, I just need to get rollcage, windows and stickers. Oh and new tyres as a couple are split (well they are over 20 years old)

• Like 1

Spent the day playing with my Pumpkin, 5th shock mod is done. Just need to strip it down, clean it up and get some shorter bolts-

15781733_10154287300881158_8646117092806

Happy New Year everybody!!!

• Like 1

Finished moving my TL01RA onto the light weight chassis.......... not to figure out what to do with the motor esc setup as I have ZERO intentions of cutting the chassis even as slightly as I did on the original chassis I had....

IMG_0902_zpsefgzc1tg.jpg

IMG_0903_zpslfmiyy3v.jpg

• Like 5

Not much, just siliconed on the rear tires on my War Rig. Hopefully they should stay on now. :)

• Like 2

Check out birthdays at bottom of page today.... gee there's some old chaps around here ;)

• Like 1

Well impulse buying strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just bought this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Blackfoot-Xtreme-LOTS-Of-Extras-/282310715973?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=W8%252BbTiY5C9PxMyp5%252Fqy5GNMXoz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

figured I could sell off the ESC's and charger/power supply to maybe offset or completely pay off the truck itself(after I test them and they work of course)..... plus i see a new windshield and im hoping more parts in the pile in the pic...

guess the one Ive been converting/rebuilding will now be a shelf queen

EDIT*** Guy just refunded it and said it sold locally............... not too happy.

Took my aqroshot out and tt-02b ms, after about 20 mins of bashing the truck  i hear a horrible clicking from the gearbox. The motor mounted to the gear box where the 19t pinion screw slot broke causing the motor to slide around and the clicking.  I ordered new gearbox case and now i will freshly rebuild my gearbox after a year of abuse. 

The tt02b was good also though the universal did pop out once despite me adjusting camber . 

On 1/1/2017 at 1:31 PM, iluvmud said:

Well impulse buying strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just bought this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Blackfoot-Xtreme-LOTS-Of-Extras-/282310715973?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=W8%252BbTiY5C9PxMyp5%252Fqy5GNMXoz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

figured I could sell off the ESC's and charger/power supply to maybe offset or completely pay off the truck itself(after I test them and they work of course)..... plus i see a new windshield and im hoping more parts in the pile in the pic...

guess the one Ive been converting/rebuilding will now be a shelf queen

EDIT*** Guy just refunded it and said it sold locally............... not too happy.

Sounds to me a bit like seller's remorse for not getting MORE money out of the sale. I sure hope for his sake that he truly sold it locally, but you won in the bidding, so you should have taken it home or in this case received it at home. I see NOWHERE in that posting that it is "listed locally/elsewhere" so I think he didn't like the end number. Perhaps it will come up again or if the seller is lucky, he will offer you a second chance, but I guess if it did come up again, I would question the integrity of the seller. Win some, lose some. I had a similar thing happen last month, but it was only for parts and it would seem the seller had forgotten how to count up their inventory, very annoying, but not anything to get all bent out of shape about. I took it as a sign that I didn't need those parts as bad as I had thought I did.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mastino said:

something crazy

CR01_000247.jpg

CR01_000248.jpg

Hmmmm, I have done that, but not made it look pretty. What do you intend on doing with it?? Fleetside, perhaps ambulance, or maybe even Fire Truck support truck?? I had intended to make a 4 door Ranger, but it never came to fruition, or at least not yet, but I have a ton of undone projects both physical and rolling around in my head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Sounds to me a bit like seller's remorse for not getting MORE money out of the sale. I sure hope for his sake that he truly sold it locally, but you won in the bidding, so you should have taken it home or in this case received it at home. I see NOWHERE in that posting that it is "listed locally/elsewhere" so I think he didn't like the end number. Perhaps it will come up again or if the seller is lucky, he will offer you a second chance, but I guess if it did come up again, I would question the integrity of the seller. Win some, lose some. I had a similar thing happen last month, but it was only for parts and it would seem the seller had forgotten how to count up their inventory, very annoying, but not anything to get all bent out of shape about. I took it as a sign that I didn't need those parts as bad as I had thought I did.

agreed :)

although it would have been really nice to have that setup since the truck could have wound up costing me nothing if the other parts were working and sold.... as you correctly commented win some/ loose some... but hey I got a little cash lying around, didnt you have a DF01 and some stuff you wanted to sell?

Finished her off today sticking a clear piece to stop dust getting on driver from underneath

Dump Truck 13jpg.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hmmmm, I have done that, but not made it look pretty. What do you intend on doing with it?? Fleetside, perhaps ambulance, or maybe even Fire Truck support truck?? I had intended to make a 4 door Ranger, but it never came to fruition, or at least not yet, but I have a ton of undone projects both physical and rolling around in my head.

I want to try mounting on Cr01, single cab plus axial cage from honcho kit.

• Like 1