Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, mastino said:

I want to try mounting on Cr01, single cab plus axial cage from honcho kit.

Hi Mastino - as a thought, have you considered the rear cage from the Vaterra Ascender K10 pick-up? I bought one as a spare part and it comes with alloy side and deck panels too - I reckon it would look really good with your cab.

Jx

• Like 1

What have I done today? I've realised that I'm not totally adverse to box-art paintwork after all!

P1020664_zpsms4gql2b.jpeg

I've updated the StumpScorcher thread in Builds too with more info.

Jx

• Like 6

Just finished cutting out my sons Tamiya Golf Mk1 Kamei. Just need to tidy it up in a few places

ProShot_20170103_173447_zpsogh0kwie.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JennyMo said:

Hi Mastino - as a thought, have you considered the rear cage from the Vaterra Ascender K10 pick-up? I bought one as a spare part and it comes with alloy side and deck panels too - I reckon it would look really good with your cab.

Jx

Thanks for the information. At the time at home I have an honcho cage ready to use. 

Bought this lovely cabinet today, reduced from £650 to £349, glass on three sides and an LED. Classy little number just perfect for 4 special rigs...or in this case, a load of unfinished Hilux's :)

large.IMG_1595.PNG.5bf357a255dc0a4019328

• Like 11

Dug out a 1/16 M4 Sherman from the attic which I found when looking for Christmas decorations a few weeks ago - I must have started it over 10 years ago and I spent most of this afternoon checking over the parts, trying to work out which stages I had completed and painting a few of the smaller parts.

Totally forgotten I had this kit ! 

• Like 5

Happy New Year 2017! Well wishes to you all and your families :-)

Just finish the paint job, but still a bit more to go with decals and cockpit.

more photo are at the Tamiya landing page

P1020363_zpstbzpifa9.jpg

did actual side air intake pods... hard to spots.. even the rear jets have intakes open(s)..lol maybe will put actual jet fans etc..

Chassis - team saxo kit with diffuser :D

Almost... all electronic with lights are installed and ready to run.

just remembered, need to glue the tyre...lol!

hope you guys like it.

• Like 8

Completed the driver figure for my Wild One rebuild :D Super happy with him ^_^

20170104_185317.jpg

20170104_185252.jpg

20170104_185417.jpg

• Like 17

Today.... today... Today it's still vacation day

And today, positioning test!

CR01_000257.jpg

CR01_000259.jpg

• Like 12

I completed my custom milling machine...

100_7134.jpg

And I cleaned my workroom <_<, ok now it is better ...:D

100_7130.jpg

• Like 13

Sold my Hummer, pack it up tomorrow for its new home. Just up the road in sunny Orlando. Go figure. 

Started another 67 corvette this time I think I shall make ir for me and not someone else. Of all the corvettes I've ever seen I think the 67 shape is my favorite. Silver I think with black race stripes. Now which chassis should I buy to put this beautiful body on maybe another 84431. Hmmmmm 

Just got my second RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Mojave II!

See if I start du build it today...

Badboy

On 1/5/2017 at 3:52 AM, Ciano67 said:

And I cleaned my workroom <_<, ok now it is better ...:D

100_7130.jpg

I do love a clean work space & I think you have a great area there :) But I can't help thinking, It could use a bit of colour :o Just to make it look, A little less Dexter'ish :lol:

dexter-1.jpg

I like a bit of colour in my space ^_^

ecwb(800x450).jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chevelle said:

I do love a clean work space & I think you have a great area there :) But I can't help thinking, It could use a bit of colour :o Just to make it look, A little less Dexter'ish :lol:

dexter-1.jpg

ecwb(800x450).jpg

Yes, you are right. My workspace lacks color :rolleyes:, I have to find some color theme to differentiate it from that of Desckter... :o

39 minutes ago, Ciano67 said:

Yes, you are right. My workspace lacks color :rolleyes:, I have to find some color theme to differentiate it from that of Desckter... :o

Or a few poster :D

cExQWcX.jpg

• Like 2

Since we are getting atleast 6 inches of snow today. I am fixing the broken gearbox that broke off last week by the 17 & 19 pinion part and rebuilding the diff in my dt-03t. I am also finally going to get rid of the rear wishbones and add the turnbuckles with reinforced adjusters. Ii only did to the front last year. Also going to change the sway bar in the rear to the blue thicker one. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Since we are getting atleast 6 inches of snow today. I am fixing the broken gearbox that broke off last week by the 17 & 19 pinion part and rebuilding the diff in my dt-03t. I am also finally going to get rid of the rear wishbones and add the turnbuckles with reinforced adjusters. Ii only did to the front last year. Also going to change the sway bar in the rear to the blue thicker one. 

image.jpg

Nice DT-03, I spy a castle motor/esc, aluminium servo mount, battery bar and rear hubs.. very nice. My DT02 has a mushed 17t pinion hole too that might eek its way over to the 19t.

55 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Nice DT-03, I spy a castle motor/esc, aluminium servo mount, battery bar and rear hubs.. very nice. My DT02 has a mushed 17t pinion hole too that might eek its way over to the 19t.

Yes the castle i think is the culprit for it breaking by the pinion screws with so much power the motor mounts come lose after running it a few times. So i have to remember to check and retighten if need be. Im actually glad it happened cause it forced me to rebuild the gearbox and finish what i started with the turnbuckles, sway bar ect

On 1/3/2017 at 2:08 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Dug out a 1/16 M4 Sherman from the attic which I found when looking for Christmas decorations a few weeks ago - I must have started it over 10 years ago and I spent most of this afternoon checking over the parts, trying to work out which stages I had completed and painting a few of the smaller parts.

Totally forgotten I had this kit ! 

WHAT A THING TO FORGET ABOUT, I sure hope there is a build thread started soon

On 1/4/2017 at 2:40 AM, chevelle said:

Completed the driver figure for my Wild One rebuild :D Super happy with him ^_^

20170104_185317.jpg

20170104_185252.jpg

20170104_185417.jpg

GREAT looking work there, better than I could imagine I could do

On 1/4/2017 at 7:20 AM, stonedef said:

Finished my Lunchbox. So glad I decided to go box art

ProShot_20170104_131425_zpsdfnjrwgc.jpg

ProShot_20170104_131415_zpshqsqaqcm.jpg

YEP, I agree, the box art on this is pretty perfect, something about haveing a screaming yellow zonker.

On 1/4/2017 at 8:36 AM, mastino said:

Today.... today... Today it's still vacation day

And today, positioning test!

CR01_000257.jpg

CR01_000259.jpg

HOW did I miss this post, it looks great, if not a bit too modern for the age of the bodytype of the shell, but that is me, stuck in the past

9 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

Started another 67 corvette this time I think I shall make ir for me and not someone else. Of all the corvettes I've ever seen I think the 67 shape is my favorite. Silver I think with black race stripes. Now which chassis should I buy to put this beautiful body on maybe another 84431. Hmmmmm 

You could have some inspiration from the one SCollins built for himself that I was lucky enough to buy.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=110967&sid=2640

And Dave, should that not inspire, you could always go up to Bowling Green KY,

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=78844&sid=2640

8 hours ago, chevelle said:

dexter-1.jpg

ecwb(800x450).jpg

Wow, the clean room approach isn't all that bad, but I do dig that INDIAN decal on your wall Chevelle and I like your bench cover made with old self healing cutting mats. I have found a clear version at IKEA with no markings, but it is a bit textured on one side and it has a bit of a self healing property, not as thick, but pretty good for cheap money. I suggest a TAMIYA Wall paper design:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=53393&sid=2640

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Yes the castle i think is the culprit for it breaking by the pinion screws with so much power the motor mounts come lose after running it a few times. So i have to remember to check and retighten if need be. Im actually glad it happened cause it forced me to rebuild the gearbox and finish what i started with the turnbuckles, sway bar ect

Maybe the DT02 aluminium motor heat sink plate will help keeping the screws in place and cooling things down too... the rigidness will stop the motor causing this damage if it's the reason. I had one on an old Holiday Buggy running 4350kv and 2s popping wheelies all the time and never noticed this pinion hole issue.