Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Found another box of RC spares whilst having a sort out - just a few Clod bits n bobs but highlight was finding a Chevrolet tailgate and a Chevy bow tie grille (good condition but been sprayed silver).  They will no doubt be heading onto eBay later this week.

1 hour ago, Terz1 said:

Decided to put some decals on my lunch box basher shell. Had a look at what I had and found some repro black foot ones and added some others I had spare. I wasn't too bothered how it turned out because it will probably be on its roof, a lot! :lol: Turned out okay in the end. They're all going to be stripped off soon though  because I've got other plans for the shell.

20170118_123100_zps7elbaplf.jpg

20170118_122959_zpsyexkouu9.jpg

Black shell but yellow wheels... which Lunchie did you buy new recently? You persevering with that little wheelie bar?

I spent 20 minutes today pricing up the cheapest place to get a Black Edition Lunchie but couldn't get it as cheap as I've seen it a few months ago :( 

• Like 1

Hi jason. I bought the standard lunch box from timetunnel for £74 which will have a box art shell and be purely for the self. I was then going to get a lexan lunch box shell for bashing but after the cost of buying that and paint it ended up dearer than buying another hard shell, chrome and window parts sprues (from modelsport for roughly £21). So I bought a hard body in black. I'm not sure what the black edition goes for but is it worth doing what I did and getting a standard lunchie for  £74 (normally free delivery) and this....

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-lunch-box-body-black-/rc-car-products/28182   £10.35

You'd have different colour decals and the yellow wheels though.

Found the standard one for £69 B)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/58347-TAMIYA-LUNCH-BOX-1-12th-R-C-KIT-RADIO-CONTROL-1-12-TRUCK-NEW-IN-BOX-/311227870956?hash=item4876a06eec:g:-sgAAOSwQJhUmYTY

Cheapest black edition I've seen currently £98

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?products_id=51179&osCsid=h2dr3s45vtmtdegogf7v9o9tu6

Yes I'll be keeping the wheelie bar. I've got metal sheilded bearings in the gearbox and rubber sheilded on the axles. I'm going to keep it standard besides that because I'll go crazy on mods otherwise and spend £££'s. :lol:

Cheers Terz that's great info there... good call on the hard body, metal parts and window sprue for £25ish from Modelsport plus postage... hard body is much tougher than lexan too so should last longer on its roof.

Happy trucking!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pininfarina said:

just completed my steering mod.

3D steering is compact i.e. similar to the one i did for my Land Rover D110.

I think i will start a build thread.

Speaking of Land rover D110 , did you finish that ?.  If so i must of missed that ! . 

This is looking great & Yes you will need to do a build thread THANKS ! .

Nuthin much today.
 (contemplating writing a blog in here to track all the crap I do and my now overloaded list of RC projects)

Got the WheelieMog set up and ready with the new BL motor

AND

the TT02BMS finally got some shoes!!!!!
IMG_1105_zpsle76rd34.jpg

IMG_1104_zpsmefedi7d.jpg

• Like 5

I made a little video of the Nailer (Wild Willy 2 body on a super-short MF-01X chassis) doing wheelies - yes really! - with it's Torque Tuned kit motor and 171mm wheelbase, it wheelies off the line like a WR-02!

Hee hee - I love it!

Jx

• Like 2

Did my first soldering job in over 25 years, i think i did pretty good. I think i need thicker solder. Now onto trying tomsolder deans plugs onto my escs and batteries which definitely looks more difficult

IMG_0262.JPG

image.jpg

I cobbled the Scorcher back together for a run in back garden, which was nice.

As always something fell off and I cracked the front wing...

But anyway I've ordered a new body set for shelf duty and put the car in the utility room to be fixed.

I also bought my gorgeous SWB WW out of the loft and I found the spares too, so that will go up for sale next. 

• Like 1

Finally got an original Fox antenna to put on my restoration. It was nekkid as a jay bird without it :) 

Now to work on getting the resistor plates. 

Edit: just bought the resistor plates from Tony. I have the ceramic resistors, just had to have the plates to mount them and metal coverings to the chassis. Oh, and I did order the MFA RX15 Technigold Clone today too for it :)

IMG_6104.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NWarty said:

Finally got an original Fox antenna to put on my restoration. It was nekkid as a jay bird without it :) 

Now to work on getting the resistor plates. 

Edit: just bought the resistor plates from Tony. I have the ceramic resistors, just had to have the plates to mount them and metal coverings to the chassis

IMG_6104.JPG

I am confused, but it sounds like you either GOT all those parts to fix it up or you need some of those parts. I think I still have some new/unused Fox bit here. Let me know, and that is looking good.

18 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I am confused, but it sounds like you either GOT all those parts to fix it up or you need some of those parts. I think I still have some new/unused Fox bit here. Let me know, and that is looking good.

Hey Crash,

I'm still needing the entire MSC set up inside the chassis.

What I have is the exterior plates, resistors and metal covers. What I don't have is the the main switch plate, switch arm and metal servo mount. Basically all the internal stuff. 

Tonight I painted a 1970 Chevy Nova shell and mounted it to my old ta02 chassis. My impatience led to some runs in the pearl white stripes but as its a runner im not really worried. Ill post some pics tomorrow. Real sweet metallic blue with pearl white sport stripes and some chrome bumpers. Im liking my choices in colours wife gave the final go ahead on the sport stripes so not all the praise goes to me..ah well . Rushed another paint job. Never learn 

20170127_001330.jpg

• Like 2

Put the new livery on my lunchbox today. It's a race theme I've liked for a long time, JPS ( John player special). I had some gold wheels and a spare black shell so it all worked well together. I'm going to give it a coat of lacquer when the weather gets warmer to give it a nice glossy finish too. 

20170127_142345_zpsyve2nktn.jpg

20170127_142456_zpszrjlhdzi.jpg

20170127_142425_zpsd1qjwmgg.jpg

• Like 15

Sweet Terz! Can't condone the ciggie advertising though! I'm waiting for the news that a meteor is heading to Earth to probably wipe us all out and we've only 2 hours till it hits... I'll find a tobacconist on the way home and start smoking again ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Sweet Terz! Can't condone the ciggie advertising though! I'm waiting for the news that a meteor is heading to Earth to probably wipe us all out and we've only 2 hours till it hits... I'll find a tobacconist on the way home and start smoking again ;) 

JPS are ciggies?

I always thought they were a tuning house for Lotus cars and Norton motorbike😇

• Like 3

I chopped up a Sand Viper body to make a chasis cover for my Holiday Buggy. As long as it's warm enough tomorrow, I will paint it black and be ready to hit the beach!

Finished my TBG body for the Falcon with a mix of MCI decals and the other dude in Leeds.

So, SO HAPPY, with the way it turned out. Sprayed PS-5 Black and PS-2 Red. The red was way too translucent after six coats, so I backed it with PS-1 white which came out great. I repainted the fog lights also with XF-1 Flat white. I was also able to salvage (again) the OEM Falcon bonnet decal. She's done, she's finally complete and I'm completely happy with it now.

EDIT: By the way, masking off this body SUCKED. Seriously, compound curves and all. Thank God, TBG provides overspray film

16195563_10209963337652933_4555091693985915007_n.jpg

16266021_10209963337612932_1909518214109227421_n.jpg

• Like 3

Drove over to Wheelspin Models in Cannock to buy the nephew his first kit - ECX AMP MT BTD which amidst the alphabet soup is a stadium truck kit with everything included (radio gear, servo, even the screwdrivers and allen key) to build it for £94.

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/258033/

ECX03034_4.jpg

I'm heading over his house later to start the build with him. This is for his Duke of Edinburgh award scheme, the "skill" part where he has to demonstrate a skill he's learnt. I suggested building an RC car kit, that was accepted so this is what he is doing. 

Yes, we were originally going to do a Tamiya (an Aqroshot) but this ECX was so much better VFM and I'm the one bankrolling this!

Coop

• Like 5

Outdoor shots of my re-done Falcon body. Man, what a difference!

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Outdoor shots of my re-done Falcon body. Man, what a difference!

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

Oh god, my first ever Tamiya back in 86/87. It's coming back you know? ^_^ No it is, isnt it Mr T? :D

Today I started the Repsol Cosworth. Only got 20 mins in and wished I'd never started. Carried on and 4.5 hours later got the worst out the way.

Had to cut some decals out and temporary stick them to the outside of the shell. Then flip the shell over and mark on the inside where the masking will go for the different colors. Then had to cut my own window masks, not a straight forward job. Then mask up and paint for each color.

:@.@:

DSCF0749_zpsxjwrwhp9.jpg

DSCF0751_zpsiwzlvs4h.jpg

DSCF0756_zpsgsn6hndz.jpg

DSCF0759_zpshbmresvo.jpg

DSCF0763_zpsafppfqk7.jpg

DSCF0764_zpsbehpyo1n.jpg

DSCF0766_zpsag29xgv8.jpg

DSCF0769_zps2kurejzp.jpg

DSCF0772_zps08g1duyh.jpg

DSCF0774_zpsuznil6ci.jpg

DSCF0780_zpswuxgwt7v.jpg

Black pen marks will be covered by the decals.

• Like 4

My wallet hurt enough after this restoration Christam! LOL! A runner would be nice as I don't dare scratch this one up! She'll fire up and move on it's vintage electronics; I've only taken it out about half a dozen times before she was retired to shelf queen status. 

Was really impressed with the TBG body. Crystal clear, really nice crispness, and the overyspray film was great to have.

Great work thus far on the Cossie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWarty said:

My wallet hurt enough after this restoration Christam! LOL! A runner would be nice as I don't dare scratch this one up! She'll fire up and move on it's vintage electronics; I've only taken it out about half a dozen times before she was retired to shelf queen status. 

Was really impressed with the TBG body. Crystal clear, really nice crispness, and the overyspray film was great to have.

Great work thus far on the Cossie!

I had no idea it was a TBG shell, difficult to tell. Does look spot on though, as I remember it, you best keep it that way :D I've looked at plenty on eBay but they appear to be old dogs lol and parts availablitiy are scarce or like you say, hurt your wallet. I'm hopefull Tamiya will re release it again in the near future.