Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not getting any RC done at home in the evenings at the moment so I've brought my M03 chassis to work. 

A few minutes with a scourer each day and I'll soon have it ready for reassembly.

Well 9 year old daughters, Sand Scorchers and kerbs aren't a great mix 🙈

It now needs a front suspension upright....it could have been so much worse 😂

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 7:12 PM, IronSights said:

Nice day outside so I started painting some M chassis wheels.

(Just for those wondering, this will be a project with my second BSR MRage 4wd kit. I will do a Build thread)

20170201_114351_zpsm1aftbdz.jpg

After spraying painting a few rims and having the paint flake off,  for my Stratos build I went to dying white rims yellow.  Curious to know how it goes for durability.  The dyed rims work so well even in crashes the color stays.  Here's a pic before I kerbed the rims.

IMG_20160417_123753_zpsgnsfqj4j.jpg

10299662_1695370114043426_1055748845_n.j

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

After spraying painting a few rims before I went to dying yellow rims.  Curious to know how it goes for durability.  The dyed rims work so well even in crashes the color stays.  Here's a pic before I kerbed the rims.

IMG_20160417_123753_zpsgnsfqj4j.jpg

Nice stratos, is it a hpi body? I had one a couple of years ago on a mo4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, svenb said:

Nice stratos, is it a hpi body? I had one a couple of years ago on a mo4.

But of course.  Cup Racer with Cross rims... which are way under-sized I might add.

• Like 1

I slowed down the video of my MF-01X chassis Wild Willy 2 - nick-named the 'Nailer' - actually doing wheelies!

Jx

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

But of course.  Cup Racer with Cross rims... which are way under-sized I might add.

This is exactly what I am building.

But I am using a 4wd BSR MRage chassis.

Yeah I will see how it goes with the paint. But I don't plan on driving it crazy like.

22 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Ok what wheels are those!?!?!!? I found a paint scheme for my Swift body and need a different set of wheels.

They are HPI wheels and they come in several different offsets.

Today, I reunited my tools from their distant hiding places and got to work overhauling my Avante!

My last memory of it was the motor threatening to detonate, so unless a 20T pinion is too much to run with such a Super Stock RZ, the focus became reducing driveline friction. The shock absorbers are write-offs, and the link pins holding the rears to the lower radius arms out back are well and truly jammed. Replacements might become an option if I really want to get it running in a hurry...

Incredibly, despite piles of molybdenum grease on the parts (the only grease available around here since ceramic grease is no longer stocked), everything came off with liberal amounts of dish detergent! The gearbox parts are the cleanest they have been since assembly.

The shell is definitely quite tired, and one day I hope to replace it. However, as the decals were actually what I had lying around at the time, I will not be replicating the current scheme in its entirety. But first, I need to get the mechanical components sorted.

As I was previously facing the notion I was leaving the hobby, I have no idea where my spare ball bearings went - or if I have any :P But I hope to replace some of the metal-shielded ones in vulnerable areas in the car, as well as some of those which were inadvertently washed...

New Avante parts are far too expensive, given their collector status, so I will be digging deep through the spares I have and putting my engineering degree to use to effect repairs! Despite the headaches, I am happy to be at last working with my hands when there was concern they might never work again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IronSights said:
1 hour ago, IronSights said:

They are HPI wheels and they come in several different offsets.

Aren't they dyable too?

40 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Today, I reunited my tools from their distant hiding places and got to work overhauling my Avante!

My last memory of it was the motor threatening to detonate, so unless a 20T pinion is too much to run with such a Super Stock RZ, the focus became reducing driveline friction. The shock absorbers are write-offs, and the link pins holding the rears to the lower radius arms out back are well and truly jammed. Replacements might become an option if I really want to get it running in a hurry...

Incredibly, despite piles of molybdenum grease on the parts (the only grease available around here since ceramic grease is no longer stocked), everything came off with liberal amounts of dish detergent! The gearbox parts are the cleanest they have been since assembly.

The shell is definitely quite tired, and one day I hope to replace it. However, as the decals were actually what I had lying around at the time, I will not be replicating the current scheme in its entirety. But first, I need to get the mechanical components sorted.

As I was previously facing the notion I was leaving the hobby, I have no idea where my spare ball bearings went - or if I have any :P But I hope to replace some of the metal-shielded ones in vulnerable areas in the car, as well as some of those which were inadvertently washed...

New Avante parts are far too expensive, given their collector status, so I will be digging deep through the spares I have and putting my engineering degree to use to effect repairs! Despite the headaches, I am happy to be at last working with my hands when there was concern they might never work again.

Hey there, can't promise much in the way of all the Avante parts you need, but I have found a few things here that are needing a new home and I have some spare small tubes of ceramic grease too so you don't have to use the evil Molybdenum(always sounded a bit like a product suited for comic books) grease.
Chris

• Like 1

I built the JConcepts small racing bag tonight with the intention of using it for my TA07 and my sons TT02.  Well... it turns out that the drawers are too small for a touring car.  :blink:  A DT02 and a TT02B fit, just barely.  So that's what's living in it now.  I have the larger JConcepts medium racing bag and the TCs fit with room to spare.  I have one more drawer than I need.  Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a 3rd on-road car for that extra drawer.  :D

• Like 2

18 hours ago, IronSights said:

This is exactly what I am building.

But I am using a 4wd BSR MRage chassis.

Yeah I will see how it goes with the paint. But I don't plan on driving it crazy like.

Are you building a Stratos?  If so I'm curious if the M.Rage's front shock towers are too tall for the low profile nose of the HPI body.

I used to run the body on a Vaterra Kemora (now Losi Mini Rally), but knew ultimately I'd buy a Cup Racer for the IFS setup.

IMG_20131126_205619_zpsd4ea4062.jpg

18 hours ago, IronSights said:

lol you got me... i keep repainting my Stratos from it's kerb escapades.

10472002_712745002119273_192884220_n.jpg925888_1507911739424064_1880403153_n.jpg10948938_1568340913413368_530779089_n.jp1538442_446346915522533_1663300071_n.jpg11142106_950478041649650_1162376450_n.jp11353053_956865884358040_27294809_n.jpg

• Like 1

I dyed mine yellow, looked good too

sven

• Like 1

I designed a Big Bear rear axle sleeve that fits over the axle's hex nut, acts as a 40mm spacer and has a flange and a hex head to mount Tamiya's Suzuki Jimny wheels to. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work! But knowing me, I got mt measurements wrong someplace...

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chilihook said:

I designed a Big Bear rear axle sleeve that fits over the axle's hex nut, acts as a 40mm spacer and has a flange and a hex head to mount Tamiya's Suzuki Jimny wheels to. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work! But knowing me, I got mt measurements wrong someplace...

Screenshot_1.png

nice work, happy to try and do a test print of it if you want.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2017 at 9:04 PM, Crash Cramer said:

Hey there, can't promise much in the way of all the Avante parts you need, but I have found a few things here that are needing a new home and I have some spare small tubes of ceramic grease too so you don't have to use the evil Molybdenum(always sounded a bit like a product suited for comic books) grease.
Chris

PM to be sent...

Today, I was set on continuing the Avante overhaul until I realized I had a Buggy Champ that needed work, and an astonishingly-futile search turned up my Striker; more F103 parts than I will ever need; and now an intimate knowledge of the whereabouts of everything but my Avante-specific spares. I even have a clean toolbox now!

At present, though, I do have a nice little queue of projects I can undertake :)

Fitted a HPI Firebolt motor and MG996R servo to the Tamiya LB. And charged some lipo's for tomorrows bashing. And put the sport tuned motor back in the TL01

Painted this in 30 minutes flat.... amazing what you can do in a hurry during your baby daughter's naps ;p.

oPHik4p.jpg

JWvUf21.jpg

pXJdSl6.jpg

kGxn9O2.jpg

• Like 7

I like the fade! Shame it's a bit uneven bit I am totally with you on what you can do when your daughter is down for a nap, that is the only time I have to myself haha!

• Like 1

Dusted a few of the sub projects.. got bored counted  how many are sitting around... Surprisingly it's quite a handful...

• Like 1