Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cleaning and organizing a lot of my projects and started reviving the Fighter Buggy Rx.......

IMG_1217_zps2pcwkizv.jpg

• Like 1

I've been re-organising my garage over the last few weeks, mostly thanks to some free kitchen units from a friend. Has given me the ideal opportunity to see what i've hoarded over the last 7-8 years (and my goodness, I've hoarded some rubbish lol!).

I've sold some RC bits, I've taken some to the refuse tip and i still have more to sort through.

At least the bulk of my clearout has been non RC items !

• Like 3

Over the  weekend i picked up a used Traxxas XMAXX 1/6 scale truck the thing is a total beast...very cool...

but last night, i took out my also recently acquired Plasma Edge 2 TT-02B. That thing is still probably my most fun RC car. Drives so smooth, handles great, problem free so far even on 2s 3300kv, just a joy to drive. Something about tamiya cars just ups the fun factor for me...maybe it's because i built it myself

Perused several RB6 setups last night. Adjusted rear shock position and replaced all 4 corners with 35wt oil. 

Got up to step 19 with my Pajero build.

Next step is to connect up the radio gear and make sure it works.

Also ordered a set of magnetic body fixings.

Hope I have done everything correctly.

Alan

Todaqy my 25 mm wheel extensions arrived.

So I made and fitted a spare wheel to the back door of my CC01 Pajero.

On 19/02/2017 at 6:08 PM, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Wet grass running with these, longer to clean than we spent running I think :(

IMG_20170219_153826_zpsea1fcorl.jpg

After drying out my dead receiver and LiPo alarm on the radiator I am happy to report my Beetle lives.

Time to waterproof again :D

Started my monster beetle build despite MIP ball diff on backorder. 

I cant post pics, site is saying i am not allowed to up load. 

Fitted a new body to my Maverick Scout. I needed to build a chassis extension to fit the body mounts

image_zpsevrnrk4g.jpeg

£3.85 at Homebase for two metres of 12mm angle plastic 👍

image_zpsh3f7t0ws.jpeg

image_zpshjz3frc2.jpeg

Came out ok I think😃

• Like 3

Holy smokes, I just won a vintage Hotshot for $60 USD and it's surprisingly complete! Guy had it listed for only a four-hour auction (BIN). Huge thanks to CrashCramer (Chris) for the heads up! It'll need a new front shock mount, bumper and two rear upper suspension arms to get it running. 

Another project that cost me very little to obtain. Always wanted a vintage Hottie to restore :)

edit: not my photo but the seller's. this was apparently an estate sale find

IMG_6182.PNG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NWarty said:

Holy smokes, I just won a vintage Hotshot for $60 USD and it's surprisingly complete! Guy had it listed for only a four-hour auction (BIN). Huge thanks to CrashCramer (Chris) for the heads up! It'll need a new front shock mount, bumper and two rear upper suspension arms to get it running. 

Another project that cost me very little to obtain. Always wanted a vintage Hottie to restore :)

edit: not my photo but the seller's. this was apparently an estate sale find

IMG_6182.PNG

Looking pretty good in black, I think if you leave it that color you ought to get some gold wheels, but I might have a vintage and period red painted body too, we could swap perhaps??? Sure hope that wing is intact. I will be happy to help with parts that I can get you to fix it up.

• Like 1

You know what NWarty, I forgot to throw TAMIYAMANDAN under the bus. HE was the first one to send me the auction link before I sent it on to you, so THANKS to DAN too. :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

Looking pretty good in black, I think if you leave it that color you ought to get some gold wheels, but I might have a vintage and period red painted body too, we could swap perhaps??? Sure hope that wing is intact. I will be happy to help with parts that I can get you to fix it up.

I'm really digging the black even if I am a stickler for box art! Hope to be able to salvage the body and maybe use a re-re as a runner :) 

I agree that the Hotshot looks good in black!

Today, I replaced a single tire sticker on my GT-R :D

One of these days, I hope to try my hand at soldering; I am waiting to take delivery of a few sets of motor cables, and a friend's mechatronic engineering brother got me set up with a coil of solder and some shrink wrap free of charge :) I have the iron and the motors - now I just need the experience...

20 hours ago, kirk13 said:

Fitted a new body to my Maverick Scout. I needed to build a chassis extension to fit the body mounts

image_zpsevrnrk4g.jpeg

£3.85 at Homebase for two metres of 12mm angle plastic 👍

image_zpsh3f7t0ws.jpeg

image_zpshjz3frc2.jpeg

Came out ok I think😃

Thanks for posting this, my own Mav Scout semi-scale project was going nowhere as I couldn't work out how to fit the body properly and this is really useful. I assume the angle plastic is screwed to the chassis where the original side bodyposts are?

Coop

23 minutes ago, Coopdevil said:

Thanks for posting this, my own Mav Scout semi-scale project was going nowhere as I couldn't work out how to fit the body properly and this is really useful. I assume the angle plastic is screwed to the chassis where the original side bodyposts are?

Coop

Hi Coop,that's exactly right,I actually used the bodyposts as the retaining bolts. You may need to file out a grove in the beams for the bolt heads on the cross-members/shock mounts. The actual body mounts I used are leftovers from my Landfreeder CC01

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kirk13 said:

image_zpshjz3frc2.jpeg

Came out ok I think😃

Agreed - the bumper stickers are money ;)

Today, I finally rebuilt a motor that had been languishing for some time. It was disassembled in an attempt to locate the reason for its sudden stoppage, but it took this long for me to figure out what a 'hung brush' was! With that knowledge, it was time to reassemble:

2rpxruq.jpg

r6woiv.jpg

Alas, it definitely needs new brushes at the least, though most likely a comm cutting and a proper clean. I believe what prevented me from going further at the time was my inability to pull the motor completely apart, which I am not sure the GT-Tuned-based motors can do, anyway.

I sure hope I am wrong, nonetheless, as I wish to be able to put it back and get some more use out of it...

• Like 1

Hello all

what have I missed😀

I have not been active RC wise for a few months, but I have got the bug back and got a couple of my cars out ready for a run at the weekend.

Photobucket Pics not working ????

B2D5D6EF-446B-4628-83AA-17C7630227A0_zps

Anyway start as I mean to go on, I have ordered a super hotshot 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coopdevil said:

Coop

Love the new body on your maverick scout kirk B). @Coopdevil This is my semi scale maverick thread. Lots of free mods you can do on there. I fit a jeep wrangler shell to mine using the original body posts. Everything I did is in my build thread. Hth

Completed the build on my monster beetle re re, i didnt wait for the mip diff because i saw how easy it is to tear it down. Now just have to do the body, which is as much work as the build itself lol. I dont remember that as a kid. I put my gt tuned motor in, hopefully that wont wreck the diff until the ball diff is back in stock. 

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Completed the build on my monster beetle re re, i didnt wait for the mip diff because i saw how easy it is to tear it down. Now just have to do the body, which is as much work as the build itself lol. I dont remember that as a kid. I put my gt tuned motor in, hopefully that wont wreck the diff until the ball diff is back in stock. 

I hear ya RB, but rumor has it that the stock built MB and BF are suffering from bad dogbones as well as diffs, so hope you have good luck with your finished build.

I, on the other hand was working with ANOTHER type of VW Bug today, the M04 chassis type. Got a FULL STOCK BUILD done with electrics and tested and trimmed out (I think) as well as ANOTHER in semistock form, it has a Sport Tuned motor and stock tires where the other got the SMOOTHIE treatment.

SMOOTHIES coming at ya

IMG_2975_zpsae8m6fnr.jpg
Side View

IMG_2974_zpsiweeyqml.jpg

With the STOCK low profile tires, SECOND Chassis build/reassemble really

IMG_2978_zpsvoomsnqs.jpg

MUG SHOT

IMG_2976_zpsj0bjimee.jpg

AND THE BIG M04 MESS that still needs a handle on things. I am hoping for TWO more builds out of this pile, they will be the M04M length for a special project that is over 2 years behind. I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW it has been done before, but I still want to do it and I can't find my stupid M04 finned motor heat sink that I know I own, it is DRIVING ME MAD to know I have a part and not able to find it, I am turning the garage upside down in places looking for it so I can proceed with the build(s) I am almost ready to buy another on eBay just because it has a chance to be here faster in the mail than me finding the one that I know I bought already. READ FRUSTRATING.

IMG_2979_zpsuchffh8v.jpg

Next up, since I had to pause my M03 builds, will be going BACKWARDS to M01/M02 and adding bits from the auctions I have won and then I might call them COMPLETE and HOPPED UP, at least as far as MY budget can go, I know for a fact there are many bits to upgrade your car, but some are not my cup of tea and some are just out of this world on price.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I hear ya RB, but rumor has it that the stock built MB and BF are suffering from bad dogbones as well as diffs, so hope you have good luck with your finished build.

I, on the other hand was working with ANOTHER type of VW Bug today, the M04 chassis type. Got a FULL STOCK BUILD done with electrics and tested and trimmed out (I think) as well as ANOTHER in semistock form, it has a Sport Tuned motor and stock tires where the other got the SMOOTHIE treatment.

SMOOTHIES coming at ya

IMG_2975_zpsae8m6fnr.jpg
Side View

IMG_2974_zpsiweeyqml.jpg

With the STOCK low profile tires, SECOND Chassis build/reassemble really

IMG_2978_zpsvoomsnqs.jpg

MUG SHOT

IMG_2976_zpsj0bjimee.jpg

AND THE BIG M04 MESS that still needs a handle on things. I am hoping for TWO more builds out of this pile, they will be the M04M length for a special project that is over 2 years behind. I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW it has been done before, but I still want to do it and I can't find my stupid M04 finned motor heat sink that I know I own, it is DRIVING ME MAD to know I have a part and not able to find it, I am turning the garage upside down in places looking for it so I can proceed with the build(s) I am almost ready to buy another on eBay just because it has a chance to be here faster in the mail than me finding the one that I know I bought already. READ FRUSTRATING.

IMG_2979_zpsuchffh8v.jpg

Next up, since I had to pause my M03 builds, will be going BACKWARDS to M01/M02 and adding bits from the auctions I have won and then I might call them COMPLETE and HOPPED UP, at least as far as MY budget can go, I know for a fact there are many bits to upgrade your car, but some are not my cup of tea and some are just out of this world on price.

You mean the new universals in the re re beetle/blackfoot? If so i havent heard

• Like 1