Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a score my friend and congrats!

I missed out on one last year here locally that was a 1988 new build with unpainted body and unused decals for $250 USD. I had just completed my Wild One resto and my wife gave me "the look". Still kicking myself for that one. 

• Like 2

I hit lucky in the wife evil eye department because all she said to me was "were has that been for the last 3 years" she remembers me building my first one because I never shut up about it (so she says:rolleyes:) so she thinks it's the original one!........Result!:lol:

• Like 6

Beautiful Avante Moffman :wub:. The Avante was my first Tamiya, my childhood tamiya and will always be my favourite tamiya. Like you, I regretted selling it ever since. I will have one again without a doubt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prescient said:

Yes, it's great. Family pass is £35 and lasts a year. 

NOW THAT is a field trip for R&D, I think it looks like that one Tiger's turret gun is resting on the Elephant's barrel??!!!

3 hours ago, moffman said:

I hit lucky in the wife evil eye department because all she said to me was "were has that been for the last 3 years" she remembers me building my first one because I never shut up about it (so she says:rolleyes:) so she thinks it's the original one!........Result!:lol:

Boy oh boy, you better not let her see this post or get into the forums. Good luck with that.

23 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

Beautiful Avante Moffman :wub:. The Avante was my first Tamiya, my childhood tamiya and will always be my favourite tamiya. Like you, I regretted selling it ever since. I will have one again without a doubt.

When you do get one get it on the TC forum!;)

• Like 1

Technically done today (albeit @ 12:15am) I stripped the Skyline's front and read gearboxes to find some decent goodies in there. One is a different looking ball diff than Im familiar with for these cars, a torque splitter for the front, universals, these funky front tie rods, and Tamiya aluminum hexes.

IMG_1467_zpstgifzg1e.jpg

so in the middle of rebuilding two ball diffs already, this one will have to sit a bit before I take it apart.

The TA02 has way more stiff in it, so Im kinda stoked to see what its got!

Took my little girl to her favourite park (other side of town) so took the dumper with me :) It is amazing how relaxing and stress free, playing with an rc is!

20170318_163022-1_zpsfgg6kbjw.jpg

• Like 5

Today I spent a few hours painting the brand new lexan shell I got for my Lunchbox.

And then I took it out for a run this afternoon and stuffed it under my 1:1 Chevy pickup while trying to avoid a passing bicyclist at full speed! <_<

The good news is the dent popped out and I only sheared through the opening for 1 out of 4 body posts!! :lol:

No but seriously... :angry:

• Like 1

On 17 March 2017 at 8:26 PM, moffman said:

Started to paint my driver out of my avante and soon realised i need an eye test:unsure:! So stopped painting my driver out of my avante:(!

YEP!!! , Been there & now have glass's  . Pain to have to use them , but it helps to see :P . 

• Like 1

Was mucking around with my TT02B and new ESC today. A 13.5T motor with 2s and the Trackstar 80amp Turbo ESC are too much for a TT02B but its a laugh. Think there is a bunch of things that I need to do now as handling was all over the place. Oh and ran it on concrete and now need new tyres

• Like 3

Placed a small order at Fusion Hobbies, thanks to our Tamiyaclub discount :) 

a Blackfoot, an Avante and two Top Force's :) 

i did want the boomerang and the grasshopper 2 but after some consideration i guess i was just caught in the moment once they announced the rereleases. And since i do have a NIB boomerang and a project Grasshooper 2, that wil do. ( that said i do allready have a NIB Top Force and Avante :P )

May, gonna be the best month ever, also since the XLS is released then. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Layed down the last coat of lacquer on the repainted Monster Beetle...

IMG_20170319_145227_zpsiupipjio.jpg

Stunning colour that would look fabulous on the sand Scorcher with cream top bonnet and side panels:)!

• Like 1

I tried to fit the body using the magnetic mounts I bought

but the posts were too low to let me do this.

Maybe this model is not suited to this form of mount.

I ended up replacing the mounting posts and drilling the body

which now fits fine.

I don't think it will look too bad when it's finished.

Had a bit of a TL01 day today, decided I might as well enter the Iconic cup at West London this year with one.

17408098_10154505206281158_1661893694_o.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Had a bit of a TL01 day today, decided I might as well enter the Iconic cup at West London this year with one.

17408098_10154505206281158_1661893694_o.

What's this event then? I was considering buying a TL-01 for a Ford F-150 shell I painted.

1 minute ago, Jason1145 said:

What's this event then? I was considering buying a TL-01 for a Ford F-150 shell I painted.

Iconic RC have organised a four round cup for various cars. The rounds are all over the country but as I live about as far south as its possible to go without falling in the sea, the London round is the closest for me so I'm going to enter that one. You can enter them all if you don't mind the driving. Check out Iconic RC on Facebook, all the info including the rules and cars allowed are on there.

• Like 1

Finally got my TT02 touring car to go straight on throttle at high speed!! This has been driving me nuts for 6 months or so, had stopped caring after replacing diffs, servos, saver, uprights, bearings, etc.

Tonight i decided to install the ball diff i had, even though the drive cups are too small for the dogbones...but the dogbones still work with them if you mount everything....the dogbones are held against the cups by the (now) lack of play in rear drivetrain, and the dogbone pins fit in the cup slots enough to transfer power and never slip. Installed rubber shims in front drivecups too....now the thing drives straight as an arrow!! Under power and coasting. Also sounds a bit smoother too.

Good feeling to fix these types of problems. Finally!!! Time to set up a proper speed test. Before I was guaranteed to break a part or two every time i ran on 3s (or even 2s) due to the constant turning under power.

Stripped the TA02............ now I got a bag of mods and 3 cars to rebuild.... even got a nice Tekin TSC 610-G, and a Yokomo Pro-spec motor out of the car too..... no idea what the specs are on the motor as I cant find anything on it, only pro "stock" motors.....

Built my Boomerang! A great build, so much I had forgotten from last time I touched one. Shell has had a couple of coats too, will finish it off tomorrow.

• Like 2

I ordered another pair of M tires and an expensive aluminum servo horn. I swear the price went UP while I was ordering, I really have to pay attention to those BINs, they get me in trouble.

• Like 1

I failed to do anything progressive on my projects this weekend apart from assemble a few Wild Willy driver heads.

I've been outbid on a number of eBay auctions - a good thing really as I had resolved not to buy any more second hand cars!

Today I have ordered a pair of M03 / M04 universals and some 1.5deg rear hubs.

I've updated my 'task list' to plan some achievable goals. Little things I can do in the odd few minutes I get here and there now that my son is dropping his afternoon nap.

I've plenty on order and due to arrive in the coming weeks so soon I'll make some meaningful progress and move away from little boxes of parts.

• Like 1