Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ordered one of these limited edition kits that are apparently available in Japan only.   Tamiya Neo Scorcher Metallic Blue Edition (47346).

tamiya_47346.jpg

• Like 3

Made the wiring for the lights on the roof rack more permanent.

Cut a hole in the roof for the wiring from the roof rack.Ordered some grommets 

for the hole to protect the wiring.

Cut out the masks for the windows.

7 hours ago, Champ85 said:

I ordered one of these limited edition kits that are apparently available in Japan only.   Tamiya Neo Scorcher Metallic Blue Edition (47346).

tamiya_47346.jpg

Ooooh, that looks awesome and would be a great sibling for my daughters Pink metallic special!

I mounted up my first set of carpet tires for my TRF 211.  I've never raced on a carpet track.  I hope I chose wisely.

03.24.2017-20.18.png

Getting lights on the Pumpkin runner body! First time in 12 years it's had lights on it (switched to ESC)

GcT9slo.jpg

6SBhPZd.jpg

• Like 2

All mounted up and did a run tonight. Absolutely glorious! Added the amber turn signals under the headlights also.

Airtronics sport radio is still working like a champ!

6pCr9Mx.jpg

• Like 1

Repainted my latest WW restoration. Nothing wrong with it just didn't like the green. Much better now.started to put some after market decals on it and promptly removed then , most likely because they looked like dookie.  

Last summer a well intentioned little boy marshalled my daughter by flipping her TT-02B over by its wing.  :angry:  In doing so he creased the left side and tore the right side.  I can't find a replacement metallic pink body for the life of me so I finally broke down and bought a pre-painted Schumacher "Talon" wing.

03.25.2017-11.41.png

A bit of minor modification to get it to fit and viola!  She's happy with it so I'm calling it good to go.

03.25.2017-11.47.png

• Like 5

Something that's been on the shelf for a couple of months, finally had some time to finish it off.

The chassis is a TT-01E and fully functional, complete with Killer Body LED kit.

DSCF0453_zpsuq0murip.jpg

DSCF0535_zpsfqpmwuej.jpg

DSCF0963_zpscwgdgyrg.jpg

DSCF0964_zpsch9yeij0.jpg

DSCF0967_zpstplxmhbx.jpg

DSCF0969_zpshilginjh.jpg

DSCF0973_zps3ornwdzc.jpg

• Like 4

Started priming the nose and tailgate. This is absolutely the best primer I've ever used, bar none. Had to go out to the our local gaming store to pick up a new can of white and black. 

Also, I'll be painting the interior of the yellow wheels to match the 1:1 version and leaving the rim lip yellow. 

Edit: I actually bought another LED light set for the new body since my original ran with one. Really impressed with this little set that cost my $13 USD shipped 

styuvRr.jpg

Jn7Y39Z.jpgq2GrkIQ.jpg

Fitted all the ancillary bits and bobs to the body and applied a small number of decals. 

IMG_20170325_211529_zps3fec2hul.jpg

IMG_20170325_211615_zps8z5qoh4w.jpg

• Like 2

Much better, just waiting on the Goodyear  decals

V5ntJFs.jpg

• Like 4

Finished up my 911 GT2 decals and neatened up the wiring.  Also the ESC fan is just beneath the rear grille.

Here's a photo of three Tamiya 911s all on chassis they never came on:
IMG_20170325_224217693_zpseisvqtmb.jpg

911 GT2: M06L
911 GT1: TA05 239mm 
911 GT1-98: TA05 IFS 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Fitted all the ancillary bits and bobs to the body and applied a small number of decals. 

IMG_20170325_211529_zps3fec2hul.jpg

IMG_20170325_211615_zps8z5qoh4w.jpg

Ian,

Cant get over that color, it's absolutely fantastic! 

• Like 1

Improved on the fastest WT01 top speed hitting 74KPH thanks to a Castle 6900kv motor and 11.1v of thunder and lightening.... this is pretty much the limit for me, my car gets squirrely beyond belief and is not happy at this speed.. now I can retire it from speed duty, medal achieved.

• Like 2

On 25/03/2017 at 9:59 AM, Klausen said:

Bigwig nearly done. On to the body now.

23BFAB05-B58B-403A-AC64-70F5C3577CE2.jpg

I wish TC members would stop putting pictures of the Bigwig on the forum because they are making me want to buy one and i so can't because I'm waiting for the top force which I have missed TWICE and I'm not missing it again! People don't understand what torture it is looking at this Bigwig AND knowing your doing the body next :unsure::wacko::blink:!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NWarty said:

Running the Pumpkin today 

Love the old school retractable antennae for your Tx..:D

• Like 1

Been at it since 8.30am.

DSCF0992_zpsjybhb6eo.jpg

DSCF0995_zps7cxmgce0.jpg

DSCF0996_zpsp8urxs7f.jpg

DSCF1000_zps5045ffzf.jpg

DSCF1001_zpsng5kb83s.jpg

DSCF1003_zpsl2gijhaa.jpg

DSCF1004_zpsre3ra4f8.jpg

DSCF1005_zpsuxdla5ql.jpg

DSCF1006_zpsyhkavrjt.jpg

DSCF1007_zpspsuldpht.jpg

DSCF1009_zpsxajrkph2.jpg

DSCF1011_zpsxdlo1qb2.jpg

DSCF1012_zpst2xjuygo.jpg

DSCF1014_zpsvkzcyyix.jpg

Few bleeds here and there but I didn't expect none! Hopefully decals will take the eye off a few of them, that'll be a job for either in the week or next weekend.

thing :lol:

• Like 5

Put slash wheels on the raider xl. Vast improvement.

Thanks andy.

DSC_0193-2208x1656.JPG

Took advantage of the nice weather and got out into the garden with the cc-01 for an hour or so. Mrs SCN was slightly less than impressed because she translated "I'm going to take advantage of the weather and be in the garden for a wee bit" as "I'm going to mow the lawn and do all the other duties, not play with my car" Ahh well I can cut the grass tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, NWarty said:

Started priming the nose and tailgate. This is absolutely the best primer I've ever used, bar none. Had to go out to the our local gaming store to pick up a new can of white and black. 

Also, I'll be painting the interior of the yellow wheels to match the 1:1 version and leaving the rim lip yellow. 

Edit: I actually bought another LED light set for the new body since my original ran with one. Really impressed with this little set that cost my $13 USD shipped 

styuvRr.jpg

Jn7Y39Z.jpgq2GrkIQ.jpg

That is looking great Blake and that thing sure wheelies fine. I have the same primer, bought it almost 8 years ago to see if it would work on this and that. I have put some of it to use, but not the whole can.