Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Broke my 'no more used cars' embargo. Bought a Wild Willy M38 to join all my other non-running moneypits.

The sun is shining, I should have some free time this weekend and none of my cars are in a state to run....

Let me know if you are missing bits i have a spares box and dont plan on building another any time soon. 

Just now, Dojo Dave said:

Let me know if you are missing bits i have a spares box and dont plan on building another any time soon. 

Thank you. I'm lucky that it comes with a manual so I can work out what is missing!

Just now, Badcrumble said:

Thank you. I'm lucky that it comes with a manual so I can work out what is missing!

Need pictures of the anumal before and after. Is it a full basket case or fairly straight. 

39 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Need pictures of the anumal before and after. Is it a full basket case or fairly straight. 

I'll post some pics when it arrives...I'm wavering between buyer's remorse for breaking my embargo and little kid glee because I'll have an M38!

Now reading horror stories about knackered motors and the lack of replacements. Eek.

Just now, Badcrumble said:

I'll post some pics when it arrives...I'm wavering between buyer's remorse for breaking my embargo and little kid glee because I'll have an M38!

I know the feeling. I have 3 fairly mint ones and just bought an original wheeler.  

• Like 1

Every 20 mins or so whilst trying to earn a living, alternating between filling and sanding my butchered Pumpkin shell.  I wanted it mint, but the more time I spend on it, the more tempted I am to go for the battered/rusty/patina look a la JennyMo... :huh:

My wife has actually let me have a few cars out on display, bargain price of free display stand and pound shop LED's!

17792335_10154545464476158_180029485_n.j

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

My wife has actually let me have a few cars out on display, bargain price of free display stand and pound shop LED's!

Is that a Mad Bull on Aqroshot wheels at the bottom? Looks ace!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Is that a Mad Bull on Aqroshot wheels at the bottom? Looks ace!

It sure is!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Aside from the light, looks a lot like my IKEA here, but I don't have the wood, just black metal with a little flourish and shelf on the bottom. Bought both that I have on discount from individuals. One was missing a shelf and one was all intact, just needed moving to my house. I am happy with them aside from the fact that both doors swing from the same axxis, can't swap them around.

5 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

It sure is!

I like your glasscase :) I've bought one a few weeks ago that I have to modify and restore before filling it with vintage Tamiya goodness.

I see you had to remove the front bumpers? You can probably fit a couple more cars if you get inside a couple more shelves.

Got my stubby bumper, vintage metal MSC resistor cover and tire decals

DbtEk43.jpg

lFQeB6W.jpg

upKcMta.jpg

1 hour ago, NWarty said:

Got my stubby bumper, vintage metal MSC resistor cover and tire decals

DbtEk43.jpg

lFQeB6W.jpg

upKcMta.jpg

Those GoodYear decals look great, were they MCI or another source??? In White too??

Took the raider out to test new shocks, need heavier oil. Then had a run with the volition and 5 mins in broke a rear hub carrier. Super :-(

11 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Those GoodYear decals look great, were they MCI or another source??? In White too??

Chris, 

They're from seller on ebay. I just punched in "1/12 Goodyear decals" into the search and found a seller in Hong Kong.  

21 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

I see you had to remove the front bumpers? 

It does look like that doesn't it but no, all bumpers are still attached. The Pumpkin has an aftermarket bumper fitted so it doesn't stick out quite so far.

Been really busy......just some of the things beside yard work ;)

Put together my HobbyZone Tool and 26mm Paint modules.

k6Kfnah.jpg

NAhRGWp.jpg

Cut the Prop guards from the motor covers for the JJRC H31 Quad.

I don't do Prop Guards!

inLTINN.jpg

lrVSmnT.jpg

htoHLlo.jpg

9Nq038C.jpg

14 hours ago, IronSights said:

Put together my HobbyZone Tool and 26mm Paint modules.

NAhRGWp.jpg

I think I'd probably have bought more paint first... ^_^

• Like 1

Retrieved my steering servo and temporary build wheels for my m-chassis build. Also found my Tx instructions! 

My son found my box of old toy cars so we spent an hour examining some old Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Corgi. Of all the cars he decided that an old Ford Model A would join his own collection 

DSC_1125_zpsiw1l2adb.jpg

I was hoping he'd plump for my much-loved General Lee...

• Like 2

Took my biggest, bestest and most expensive build yet out for a first run :) Was great to see her run, although it isn't fast by any means, not even on 8.4v. Definitley needs a 15 turn Fitebolt.

It aint no shelfer, although it qualifys for one B)

The video isn't the best and the music is a bit over dramatic  :lol:

The stick on wheel wells did their job though :D

DSCF1665_zpsfzyt6f6l.jpg

And for those that missed the build thread, it's available in video format.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Retrieved my steering servo and temporary build wheels for my m-chassis build. Also found my Tx instructions! 

My son found my box of old toy cars so we spent an hour examining some old Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Corgi. Of all the cars he decided that an old Ford Model A would join his own collection 

DSC_1125_zpsiw1l2adb.jpg

I was hoping he'd plump for my much-loved General Lee...

Thats a great find i have the matchbox model t also mine came in a tesco garage set with 2 others

• Like 1

When I saw some Goodyear 2" drag slicks for sale, I had thoughts of fantastic grip on tarmac, with a wrinkle wall when nailing the throttle.

20170406_213949_1.jpg

20170406_213927.jpg

I'm guessing they're for static use only as the things are made from the hardest rubber I know off! 

Not quite sure of the look either!

Back to the drawing board......

Fitted a CRP Front brace bumper to my Striker, in preparation for a full restoration so as to not waste time at the end, it's all drilled out to the correct fitment as these FX10 braces never fit as the holes are slightly out (Thanks Grastens)

Here you can see even the bumper has mis aligned holes which aren't even level

qpC5zc3.jpg

FYb3f9U.jpg

wNnSbx7.jpg

pT81vMe.jpg

hyN0M83.jpg

• Like 1

I like the Lunchbox look but not the way it looks to handle, so this is a WT01 inspired Lunchbox type van.. with better handling, next to a DT03 to show how it dwarfs it.

0A1wPK6.jpg

VoCJwDY.jpg

ctDQyWa.jpg

• Like 4

Mounted a roof LED light bar and some fog light buckets on the front bumper.

YReLjYn.jpg

pue2eFx.jpg

B6xraQ2.jpg

Did some realistic mods to the snorkel.

Dremel'd out the intake to make it look more real and filled a hole on the other side.

crNeMFi.jpg

kCt5DfE.jpg

• Like 3