Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday started painting my grandsons ps4 controller... Today I put the clear coat on and left them out side on top of a recycling box for the dahm wind to blow the back part of onto the floor and ruin it.

FINALLY finished painting up the wheels for my TA-07 PRO.

04.08.2017-10.13.png

• Like 3

'Finished' :rolleyes: my runner beetle repaint by fitting the rear lights and adding a number plate sticker! 

IMG_20170408_202942_zpsclmocyyx.jpg

• Like 3

It's a Pumpkin kind of day here also!

Full speed ahead! My body arrived from the island today :) Started shooting primer and will mask to shoot orange this evening. 

BJ5A0Ul.jpg

• Like 1

Got some Tamiya time today with my wife at work and the boy taking a nap.

Should have taken the opportunity to try and finish trimming my bowler shell but instead I looked at another ongoing project.

A while ago I separately acquired an HPI BMW 2002 shell and an M04 chassis. The shell is quite well done but not  drilled for posts.

i bought what I thought were two pairs of matching HPI wheels and tyres- larger offset for the rear. I miscalculated, one set takes different tyres. 

So today I mocked up the wheels and body. Turns out that the chassis came with wider hexes on the rear so I can repeat buy the set of wheels that matches the tyres I already have. 

IMG_0169_zpsqzrkuaer.jpg~original

The mounts are from Killerbody. Bringing them down one pinhole should do it, I think.

IMG_0170_zpsdvkixhfd.jpg

• Like 2

BadCrumble I love that BMW with mini lites, I always planned to do this combo on a M06 Chassis I had but recently sold it all (inc shell and wheels) in one lot ( along with 5 other cars) to keep the missus happy, so glad to see it taking shape here!

Today I tortured my Hornet.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2017 at 0:53 PM, christam said:

Took my biggest, bestest and most expensive build yet out for a first run :) Was great to see her run, although it isn't fast by any means, not even on 8.4v. Definitley needs a 15 turn Fitebolt.

It aint no shelfer, although it qualifys for one B)

The video isn't the best and the music is a bit over dramatic  :lol:

The stick on wheel wells did their job though :D

DSCF1665_zpsfzyt6f6l.jpg

And for those that missed the build thread, it's available in video format.

Looks great and in an environment I would expect of the vintageness of the car, thanks for getting out there and driving it.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:25 PM, Badcrumble said:

Retrieved my steering servo and temporary build wheels for my m-chassis build. Also found my Tx instructions! 

My son found my box of old toy cars so we spent an hour examining some old Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Corgi. Of all the cars he decided that an old Ford Model A would join his own collection 

DSC_1125_zpsiw1l2adb.jpg

I was hoping he'd plump for my much-loved General Lee...

I would pick the Model A as well, good kid

On 4/7/2017 at 1:35 PM, Jason1145 said:

Fitted a CRP Front brace bumper to my Striker, in preparation for a full restoration so as to not waste time at the end, it's all drilled out to the correct fitment as these FX10 braces never fit as the holes are slightly out (Thanks Grastens)

Here you can see even the bumper has mis aligned holes which aren't even level

qpC5zc3.jpg

FYb3f9U.jpg

wNnSbx7.jpg

pT81vMe.jpg

hyN0M83.jpg

Why does that make it look so much better all of a sudden?? Perhaps because you could really pick it up by the bumper now???

14 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Got my bigwig out into the sunshine to try and get some better pics of it. 

20170408_140556_zpsdxoidp1f.jpg

20170408_140529_zpsmo6jpoze.jpg

20170408_140617_zpseqqjzwjy.jpg

20170408_140454_zpsth2tnmge.jpg

Oh that is SOOOOOOO FLAKEY, but in a good way, NICE and sparkly in the sun, me like.

12 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

FINALLY finished painting up the wheels for my TA-07 PRO.

04.08.2017-10.13.png

WHOA, those seriously look like some new Porsche Fuchs throwbacks, NICE

7 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Got some Tamiya time today with my wife at work and the boy taking a nap.

Should have taken the opportunity to try and finish trimming my bowler shell but instead I looked at another ongoing project.

A while ago I separately acquired an HPI BMW 2002 shell and an M04 chassis. The shell is quite well done but not  drilled for posts.

i bought what I thought were two pairs of matching HPI wheels and tyres- larger offset for the rear. I miscalculated, one set takes different tyres. 

So today I mocked up the wheels and body. Turns out that the chassis came with wider hexes on the rear so I can repeat buy the set of wheels that matches the tyres I already have. 

IMG_0169_zpsqzrkuaer.jpg~original

The mounts are from Killerbody. Bringing them down one pinhole should do it, I think.

IMG_0170_zpsdvkixhfd.jpg

I am working on similar, sorry to hear your troubles, but you could work with standard M03 gear line and hex width and then perhaps your wheels would work?? I don't know myself, been waiting a MONTH  :angry:for some "invisible magnetic mounts" to arrive, finally got here and now I have to figure out how to use them as they come with ZERO instructions. :blink:

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

BadCrumble I love that BMW with mini lites, I always planned to do this combo on a M06 Chassis I had but recently sold it all (inc shell and wheels) in one lot ( along with 5 other cars) to keep the missus happy, so glad to see it taking shape here!

Today I tortured my Hornet.

THAT is some serious torture, is that a VW Caddy you have there with your gear??? We don't get that many "City Vans" here in the states, can only think of 3 right now and they don't look as good as that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Why does that make it look so much better all of a sudden?? Perhaps because you could really pick it up by the bumper now???

THAT is some serious torture, is that a VW Caddy you have there with your gear??? We don't get that many "City Vans" here in the states, can only think of 3 right now and they don't look as good as that.

Yeah it's a pity the CRP doesn't bolt straight on but looks good once on, and can hang it from a hook too!

The city van is common in Europe ( mine is a Citroen Berlingo) we got a few to choose from, they are built specific for the roles and not derived from cars with a big empty shell chucked on the back like they used to be.

This one came to me with only 9 miles on the clock and fully loaded, love having cruise control for the first time but I swear it's going to get me killed playing with it.

Crash looking forward to your projects completing too if you do the 2002 BMW shell?

Spent the nightshift trying to figure the best configuration for more power.

The result wasn't pretty, but effective! 🙄

20170408_195257.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, christam said:

I relaly like that color, good job.

Yesterday, my first go at tyre painting.

DSCF1696_zpsfs2cw7qg.jpg

DSCF1698_zpsfhmt8mmi.jpg

DSCF1706_zpsgmufn6mm.jpg

SAKURA White GELLY ROLL Pen + Helping Hand with 60mm magnifying glass  :@.@:

That's what I've got to get gelly roll pen!!;) i was really good at the tyre painting (was being the word) until i got old and blind :wacko: and i attempted to paint my avante tyres few weeks ago and it suddenly hit me "I've lost my powers" they look a mess!:blink:!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, christam said:

I relaly like that color, good job.

Yesterday, my first go at tyre painting.

DSCF1696_zpsfs2cw7qg.jpg

DSCF1698_zpsfhmt8mmi.jpg

DSCF1706_zpsgmufn6mm.jpg

SAKURA White GELLY ROLL Pen + Helping Hand with 60mm magnifying glass  :@.@:

That's what I've got to get gelly roll pen!!;) i was really good at the tyre painting (was being the word) until i got old and blind :wacko: and i attempted to paint my avante tyres few weeks ago and it suddenly hit me "I've lost my powers" they look a mess!:blink:!!!

Last year's work! Then this year's work! What's happening to me :huh:

IMG_20150711_193534.jpg

IMG_20170409_092251.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I am working on similar, sorry to hear your troubles, but you could work with standard M03 gear line and hex width and then perhaps your wheels would work?? I don't know myself, been waiting a MONTH  :angry:for some "invisible magnetic mounts" to arrive, finally got here and now I have to figure out how to use them as they come with ZERO instructions. :blink:

Do the sprues for your mounts look like these?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=390001&gclid=CK74_dual9MCFUu6GwodTlwCVg

I'll scan the instructions and email them to you. 

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Yeah it's a pity the CRP doesn't bolt straight on but looks good once on, and can hang it from a hook too!

The city van is common in Europe ( mine is a Citroen Berlingo) we got a few to choose from, they are built specific for the roles and not derived from cars with a big empty shell chucked on the back like they used to be.

This one came to me with only 9 miles on the clock and fully loaded, love having cruise control for the first time but I swear it's going to get me killed playing with it.

Crash looking forward to your projects completing too if you do the 2002 BMW shell?

Well, that Citroen does look attractive, I think the last Citroen anything I can recall seeing in person was a 2CV conversion truck/perhaps van in front of a home design shop that was touting French style. there is no IF on the BMW 2002, there is WHEN, I now have another project complete and need a little time to sort the mounts out, then I can post about the BMW.

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Do the sprues for your mounts look like these?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=390001&gclid=CK74_dual9MCFUu6GwodTlwCVg

I'll scan the instructions and email them to you. 

SPRUES he says, I didn't get sprues, they are aluminum and are in little baggies with some STRONG As..... magnets in them, so just a little fiddling and perhaps I will look again at the auction and see how they did it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272566832191?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As you can see, two styles of screws, but only one type shown in the assmebly, so perhaps the countersunk go into the body posts??? It is some figuring out to do.

I have to warn you all, TOOK A MONTH to get to me via AIRMAIL????? I haven't ever experienced that before, so I don't know that it would be another purchase I would do from a misc goods dealer as this one. I think I would go to someone specializing in only RC goods. Prices might not be so cheap, but I might not have to wait a month either?? I don't want to say the seller sucks, but it doesn't add up and I wouldn't want to pass woe and concern into the community of TCers.

Today, I soldered a Deans connector onto a battery pack, soldered bullet connectors into the Hobbywing ESC and the opposite ones on the Torque tuned motor in the Madbull build

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

As you can see, two styles of screws, but only one type shown in the assmebly, so perhaps the countersunk go into the body posts??? It is some figuring out to do.

Ah, totally different! No help at all, then! Picture four does appear to show the button headed screws under the mount. So countersunk into the body post, as you thought?

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Last year's work! Then this year's work! What's happening to me :huh:

IMG_20150711_193534.jpg

IMG_20170409_092251.jpg

Looks stunning in the first pic B)  The magnifying hand thingy I found was a great help, just had to learn how to focus with one eye shut lol If you havn't already, try one.

• Like 1

Not done anything too exciting, just built a few kits.

17836864_766396026848610_1554333808_o_zp

17836938_766395940181952_1720002955_o_zp

17837639_766395980181948_704721225_o_zps

17836609_766396006848612_1302428514_o_zp

Doing work!

Any paint bleed will be fixed with the black pinstriping between the orange and blue.

Lots of light coats with the Pearl Blue

rubTg4E.jpg

sIQ0NrH.jpg

• Like 3

Popped some decals on my Lunch Box project today and then finally finished my Rally Legends shell that is currently sitting on a TL01. I'm in two minds on this one, it looks great but it isn't Tamiya. After all that I still had time to get the Baja King dirty for the third time this week! I think I said it last time but the Gool RC cheap as chips brushless combo in the BK is a great piece of kit for the money!

17858094_10154566211031158_2146000720_n.

17888417_10154566212321158_438819721_n.j

17888179_10154566213691158_796195159_n.j

• Like 6