Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Jim_GT-R said:

Received my interior cockpit set for my Laguna BTCC body. And tried hard to find decent interior pics online, but to no avail. :( luckily an email to Williams F1 team (which may I add responded super fast to, within 4 hours)  and they supplied some archive interior pics of the 1997 Williams Renault Laguna BTCC car. :) kinda made my day actually.

James.

You've gotta share at least 1 picture you got James... Spot on to Williams F1! 👍

Replaced the broken gear case for the 3rd time in 3 months on my dt03t. Changed the rear shock oil on my dn-01 to 50 weight because with 40 it was bottoming out. I also changed the pinion from 25t to 27t

• Like 1

Got the roof and fenders painted and glass installed.

Now to just mount the bits and pieces and the 1/35 Orlandoo Jeep will be done.

yaO3P2N.jpg

NIU2UFF.jpg

m9pWqY1.jpg

wYjbsi9.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/4/2017 at 2:28 PM, StrokerBoy said:

Part number 53345 for the uprights, then fit them the opposite way round. Wheels/tyres were off Ebay, can't remember the seller - they're hard plastic 'tyres' for drifting. Proper 935 wheels/tyres might be better.

Put M03 rear uprights on the custom M06.

Thanks again for providing the part number and inspiration.  I installed this right-way-round and lost several degrees of tow in- which is exactly what this car needed.  The 'sidewinder' path slow speed crawling is gone.  And it's less touchy on brakes.  This was really important because of the 34mm wide wheels with 14mm offset, on a standard M06 this would be no issue.

IMG_20170513_181134323_zpsbw8f0s0u.jpg

• Like 3

Figured I'd finish painting the Subaru XV shell today.  Sprayed the first coat and then realised I'd forgotten to tidy up the black paint I did yesterday.  Whoops, too late now.

It was nice and we had some time...

Got the batteries charged.  Did a little driving and figured out I do indeed need to glue my tires to my wheels.  That's something I didn't really want to have to do. Sucks...

Also rolled the Bushy D in the backyard and cracked the lexan shell.  Sucks...

Then I watched my son crash the Bushy D into our mini-van and break the front body mount.  Sucks...

And then I watched him thrash his Grasshopper until he managed to crank the Transmitter too hard and break the steering wheel...  Now the wheel just flops around and constantly wants to turn right.  Sucks...

It was not a good day for driving, but it was fun watching my son thrash his Hopper all over the street.  He had a blast for about 20 minutes until "snap" - he went a little too wild while trying to turn right and over-did it.  Thank goodness the Tx was a freebie.  But now we won't be driving until next pay-day.  Sucks...

Terry

• Like 1

That sounds like a tough day Terry... how strong is your son to break a steerwheel?! He must've got crazy excited lol! Good thing new radio sets aren't too expensive these days compared to a few years ago, I just got another Austar 2.4Ghz set for £18 ( about $23).

4 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

It was nice and we had some time...

Got the batteries charged.  Did a little driving and figured out I do indeed need to glue my tires to my wheels.  That's something I didn't really want to have to do. Sucks...

Also rolled the Bushy D in the backyard and cracked the lexan shell.  Sucks...

Then I watched my son crash the Bushy D into our mini-van and break the front body mount.  Sucks...

And then I watched him thrash his Grasshopper until he managed to crank the Transmitter too hard and break the steering wheel...  Now the wheel just flops around and constantly wants to turn right.  Sucks...

It was not a good day for driving, but it was fun watching my son thrash his Hopper all over the street.  He had a blast for about 20 minutes until "snap" - he went a little too wild while trying to turn right and over-did it.  Thank goodness the Tx was a freebie.  But now we won't be driving until next pay-day.  Sucks...

Terry

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen or heard a transmitter wheel coming off. Perhaps it's time to try to go back to the two-stick type of radio?

I swapped the split wheel rim over on my SWB M38 Wild Willy and tested the msc and motor.

My daughter got our cheap R/C helicopter stuck in a tree some weeks ago and it was blown down in the wind yesterday.

So it's a bit sorry looking but saveable, the battery held a charge this morning and the everything seems to run, I just need to find a new tail rotor blade and we can get it back out there! 

• Like 1

Spent an hour or so emptying all my shoe boxes, chucking a lot of stuff away and sorting the useful stuff into this :)

00972228-8749-4727-9D1F-E7340FD45934_zps

• Like 4

Started to make choices on what to keep and what to sell. I'm at 34 cars and need to get down to 25 again. I see deals and buy instead of seeing cars I want to buy. Weird. Then i put a seeet sjell on and love the set up so am in love with a chassis or a shell or both. 

Decisions, decisions!

Could be letting go of a Hornet, ww m38, tt01 and a white Df03.  

Went for a buggy run with my lads and used a lipo battery for the very first time in my DT-02. The difference in speed to NimH was AMAZING. 

20170514_234154.thumb.jpg.93b3047a59d5a6bdda46104ef3a1baed.jpg

Hobbywing 1060 ESC, Carson Cup motor and a 2S Turnigy lipo. Massive speed and runtime. Why didn't I swich earlier?

Oh yeah, I'm scared of burning my house down 😕

• Like 4

On 5/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, MadInventor said:

Added the (incomplete) front end to the War Rig:

img33435_57201771959_4.jpg

img33435_57201771959_5.jpg

OMG! Never stand in front of that @ ANY SPEED  :o:lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 7:39 AM, max69vk said:

Started making some new body mounts to drop the shell lower, & fab some inner front arches from an old 2 litre coke bottle. Also made an extra long Scorcher exhaust pipe from an old metal pen that was sanded and flanged at the tip (back left of photo), quite happy how it turned out.7A734A18-3A4B-42EF-B94C-652A63B3CB31_zps

34B485F9-D2D1-4F9C-A40B-E5E1E4055024_zps

82324459-844C-474F-A69F-D90EEB3F4770_zps

Yup, That Sir is cool B)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Finished my Neo Fighter build tonight.  Waiting on a motor and new receiver and radio.  I'm happy with the way it turned out, such a neat kit.

34278083280_e5d27eedf2_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Sometimes keeping it  simple makes the best things. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the merge!

• Like 1

Got the rear end and spoiler painted and put together.

Making progress on some projects this week.

sFicA0Z.jpg

• Like 1

Well it was on Saturday I took a couple of pics of the boys cars at Boondal hope you like :)

next_19.JPG

next_16_egress.jpg

Clods_2.jpg

next_2.JPG

supershot_2.JPG

next_14.JPG

And one because I like the pic :) and you don't see one everyday

resized4.jpg

• Like 13