Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@IronSights  nerdy tip- if you paint another Stratos shell- cut the louver masking guard into several thin strips and just cover the vertical area of the louvers, this leaves them transparent.  You get to see the chassis/motor peaking through when you drive the car.

IMG_20160417_123802_zpse1gpzdfk.jpg

• Like 2

Finally finished the decals on the Pajero.

Big thanks to my wife for doing a lot of them as I am not much good at decals.

A few mistakes and room for improvement but it is my first one.

Don't know what to do about a wheel for the rear of the car.

Looks a bit silly like it is.....any recommendations?

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

• Like 1

Put these 2 into storage for restoring when I can focus on doing the job properly. In the meantime another SRB gets the attention.

95DDFF80-F52C-4DC2-8B3F-931413A4D92A_zps

• Like 3

1 hour ago, max69vk said:

Put these 2 into storage for restoring when I can focus on doing the job properly. In the meantime another SRB gets the attention.

I couldn't leave them in a box. I'd have to get started. 

Got the door handles, wipers, headlights, and mirrors installed on the Orlandoo Jeep.

xgrNYJR.jpg

kEeE1ZK.jpg

• Like 2

Swapped out the Receiver Battery in the Rovan 5B.

It was originally a 2000mAh and would last one tank of gas (1 Hour).

Now I can run about 2 1/2 tanks (2.5 Hours) on one receiver battery charge.

These are Sub C batteries. The same size used in 1/10 NiMh battery packs!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgbwAow.jpg

KdqWgVj.jpg

cfb3BsQ.jpg

MSbZamN.jpg

Got my Dyna Storm in today....

IMG_2103_zpsnsg7navd.jpg

Much better, just a simple body cleaning, removing shock spacers and the right wheels....

IMG_1889_zpsfslxd4th.jpg

The paint on the body looks like it might be able to just flake off so it might be worth giving it a try

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, IronSights said:

Swapped out the Receiver Battery in the Rovan 5B.

It was originally a 2000mAh and would last one tank of gas (1 Hour).

Now I can run about 2 1/2 tanks (2.5 Hours) on one receiver battery charge.

These are Sub C batteries. The same size used in 1/10 NiMh battery packs!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgbwAow.jpg

KdqWgVj.jpg

cfb3BsQ.jpg

MSbZamN.jpg

That's a lot, my HPI would never only use about 650mah per tank (45 mins) and thats with hitec servos and 2 sets of lights 😯

Home from work at 6am and fitted my FF03 Aluminium Blue hop up motor mount along with a slightly smaller 66T 0.6mod spur gear, that arrived in the post yesterday. Hopefully have a wee bit more top end now. 

Just need to finish painting the cockpit set, although I have just realised I don't have any white paint left :( d'oh !!

Also really hoping my Star Wars 74Z Speeder Bike quadcopter/drone arrives today.

James.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, max69vk said:

Nooooooo. Don't leave those beauties boxed there. Go one step at a time and share some pictures & updates with us. The Forums NEED some more original Sand Scorchers ;):D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Nooooooo. Don't leave those beauties boxed there. Go one step at a time and share some pictures & updates with us. The Forums NEED some more original Sand Scorchers ;):D

Once I've finished my Blitzer beetles I'll be all over them, just sourcing parts at the moment for when I'm ready :D

Set up a bike for my sun who's birthday it is tomorrow and trap'd my finger  nail between the disc brake and the spokes and let of a whole load of language .,.

Good job I was the only one at home 

• Like 3

Routed the wire for the lights and fitted the roof rack on the Pajero.

Sorted a spare wheel for it that I will order

tomorrow and test fitted the body again.

Not a Tamiya but my new cheap RTR FTX Outlaw dune buggy thing got a whole new brushless combo to replace its slooooow brushed innards.

This is that cheap GoolRC ESC and 3900kv combo ( both orange)  and boy is it pokey!

Glued up a set of tyres in preparation for going racing tomorrow night it started off really well but unknown to me the tube of cheap poundland superglue had a tiny rupture in it and I ended up supergluing the tube to my fingers. Thank goodness for Mrs SCN having cotton wool and nail varnish remover. Several minutes of rubbing with the remover and some colourful language later and I was free. From now on I'll be wearing gloves for supergluing duties. 

• Like 1

A few weeks ago i went to my local hobby shop, ended up getting some stuff, 

20170516_224801_zps51pudwvc.jpg

and now i remember why i get so much of the internet, the side cutter was like $55 

14 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

I'll second that! There should be an unwritten rule that no sand Scorcher (original or re-re in fact SRB's in general) should be put away in attic's or anywhere!!!

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

A few weeks ago i went to my local hobby shop, ended up getting some stuff, 

20170516_224801_zps51pudwvc.jpg

and now i remember why i get so much of the internet, the side cutter was like $55 

YEEEOOUCH, Think they cut some of your credit card with those side cutters for plastic!!?!?!?!? WOW, I think I would have left them there.

1 hour ago, moffman said:

I'll second that! There should be an unwritten rule that no sand Scorcher (original or re-re in fact SRB's in general) should be put away in attic's or anywhere!!!

Um, I can't figure if you guys are joking or are serious??? Really, it is just a scorcher.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

YEEEOOUCH, Think they cut some of your credit card with those side cutters for plastic!!?!?!?!? WOW, I think I would have left them there.

Um, I can't figure if you guys are joking or are serious??? Really, it is just a scorcher.

Seriously, we're talking about SCORCHERS, Chris! :D

19 hours ago, berman said:

That's a lot, my HPI would never only use about 650mah per tank (45 mins) and thats with hitec servos and 2 sets of lights 😯

Was it a 5B?

This is a 5th scale buggy not a 1/10th.

41 minutes ago, IronSights said:

Was it a 5B?

This is a 5th scale buggy not a 1/10th.

HPI was the 1st 1/5 . 

• Like 1

So anyone who's seen anythung I work on knows I can't leave it alone until I'm pretty much done. Heres my Clodbuster project as of tonight. 20170516_225802.thumb.jpg.2fa411793df5efa43ef865d87a4af664.jpg

I painted the blue at 8.30pm. Its now 11.06pm 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

I now need some front tires 

20170516_225802.jpg

is that a thumbprint I see in the paint???