Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, IronSights said:

Had some fun!

That thing looks quick! It sounded like you barely got it revving properly and ran out of road. Whats the plan to use it? Is there a racetrack nearby?

6 hours ago, IronSights said:

Was it a 5B?

This is a 5th scale buggy not a 1/10th.

Yep. HPI 5B SS

20150808_112441_zpss6gplxdt.jpg

0016_zps7dveow4d.jpg

It would only take approx 650mah to recharge the pack after a tank. Would probably need a new battery now though, haven't used it in two years, shame as it has a just run in OBR racing motor (5 tanks) 😞

Enjoy yours, they are fun, but money pits. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

YEEEOOUCH, Think they cut some of your credit card with those side cutters for plastic!!?!?!?!? WOW, I think I would have left them there.

Um, I can't figure if you guys are joking or are serious??? Really, it is just a scorcher.

Never serious mate! But don't hide those beauties in a box😉 "just a Scorcher" I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you! It's an icon borderline work of art😍!

Completed the Subaru XV in preparation for the imminent arrival of my XV01.

rLB2lsb.jpg

Went for a modified light-off road look.  I might add a roof rack depending on how much time the car spends right side up.

Discovered that the ball diff in my B5m is more than a little bit goosed so it looks like I won't be racing it'll tonight. Instead I'll take my dt-03t and bigwig down to the local club and see how they perform against more dedicated racing tackle. 

• Like 2

That sounds like fun! There is a lot to be said for being the underdog - no shame in losing, and any victories are extra sweet. Let us know how you get on!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iluvmud said:

is that a thumbprint I see in the paint???

P I S S off. Smart a $$

18 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

YEEEOOUCH, Think they cut some of your credit card with those side cutters for plastic!!?!?!?!? WOW, I think I would have left them there.

Yeah, but i was cought of guard, and didn't know what to do. So when i got in my car i thought let this be a lesson, never buy a thing without a pricetag :P 

8 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Discovered that the ball diff in my B5m is more than a little bit goosed so it looks like I won't be racing it'll tonight.

Ask about, someone may have spare, but i think it's going to be a busy night!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, berman said:

Enjoy yours, they are fun, but money pits. 

Aren't all RC cars if you drive them like ya should? ;)

Fitted chrome door handles to the Pajero.

Sorted out how to tidy up the wiring for the lights.

Charged the battery.

Rebuilt the front end of the Thunder Dragon as the parts arrived today. Also resurrected the Restomod thread as I forgot I did it!

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Ask about, someone may have spare, but i think it's going to be a busy night!!

It was pretty busy, I started off trying to run the aqroshot but the track was too tight for it so I changed to the bigwig and it was surprisingly good. Not as fast or as manoeuvrable as a modern buggy but I managed to claim 3rd in the B final. At least I wasn't last lol. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

It was pretty busy, I started off trying to run the aqroshot but the track was too tight for it so I changed to the bigwig and it was surprisingly good. Not as fast or as manoeuvrable as a modern buggy but I managed to claim 3rd in the B final. At least I wasn't last lol. 

Excellent!!

Fingers crossed I can get over next week.........

31 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Excellent!!

Fingers crossed I can get over next week.........

It's a fun/do some work on the rostrum etc night next week so it should be pretty relaxed. I'm toying with going down to Ayr this Monday for a wee play around too. 

• Like 1

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just spent an hour chasing a fish that is holding babies in it's mouth after I had just moved her from my community tank to my breeder tank cause she started spitting them out when I dropped food for the other fish..... then as I would net her she would start spitting them out like there's no tomorrow....................... caught them all I think.... luckily the fry in my breeder tank arent that big so they cant eat the stragglers they just chased them... so if i missed one it'll either survive or die wasn't going to look for any more as I'm not sure even these will survive.

IMG_2142_zpstzatbfzu.jpg

IMG_2144_zps46gtenab.jpg

Momma #2 in hiding (yeah Im gonna have a ton of fry) had to put other in a temp fry tank as she was harassing this one.......

IMG_2146_zpskpmpvyd5.jpg

And ignore the foggy water as I literally had to pull out 90% of my decorations so she wouldn't hide anywhere else and it kicked up every fragment of poop and food that I just gave them prior to the ordeal. not fun chasing 1 fish when trying to avoid 32+ in a 3ft tank...lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just spent an hour chasing a fish that is holding babies in it's mouth after I had just moved her from my community tank to my breeder tank cause she started spitting them out when I dropped food for the other fish..... then as I would net her she would start spitting them out like there's no tomorrow....................... caught them all I think.... luckily the fry in my breeder tank arent that big so they cant eat the stragglers they just chased them... so if i missed one it'll either survive or die wasn't going to look for any more as I'm not sure even these will survive.

IMG_2142_zpstzatbfzu.jpg

IMG_2144_zps46gtenab.jpg

Momma #2 in hiding (yeah Im gonna have a ton of fry) had to put other in a temp fry tank as she was harassing this one.......

IMG_2146_zpskpmpvyd5.jpg

And ignore the foggy water as I literally had to pull out 90% of my decorations so she wouldn't hide anywhere else and it kicked up every fragment of poop and food that I just gave them prior to the ordeal. not fun chasing 1 fish when trying to avoid 32+ in a 3ft tank...lol

Are they rc fish.....huh huh are they no i don't think so. I only want to hear about rc fish not these willy nilly real live breeding fish. Next you'll be talking as bout real live children instead of yhe robotic ones that sot and play electronics all day .pfft. fish. 

49 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Are they rc fish.....huh huh are they no i don't think so. I only want to hear about rc fish not these willy nilly real live breeding fish. Next you'll be talking as bout real live children instead of yhe robotic ones that sot and play electronics all day .pfft. fish. 

Ah the Irishman..... get a couple of pints in him and put him in front of the computer and this is what you get........ incomprehensible babble

1-drunk-irishman1.jpg

• Like 1

Had my first ever quadcopter/drone experience with my new Star Wars 74-Z Speeder Bike drone, flies not bad tbh. Going to hopefully take it outside today for a quick flight and some videos :)

James

:)

• Like 2

Just looked at my nearly completed M-chassis mish-mash and realised that I didn't follow the instructions when reassembling the M03 chassis.

I forgot to screw the battery compartment cover (C4) in at the start.

Oh ar$e. I really don't want to take it all apart again....but I will have to!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

It's a fun/do some work on the rostrum etc night next week so it should be pretty relaxed. 

I believe so, I'm going to try and get more wood ordered today in work so hopefully have another to build for next week. 🙄

12 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I'm toying with going down to Ayr this Monday for a wee play around too. 

Looks a good set up they have there, carpet off road track , TC track and drift track too! 

It's looking like both your car's are on the Glasgow rc facebook page! 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I believe so, I'm going to try and get more wood ordered today in work so hopefully have another to build for next week. 🙄

Looks a good set up they have there, carpet off road track , TC track and drift track too! 

It's looking like both your car's are on the Glasgow rc facebook page! 😁

Ayr's brilliant I used to go all the time but with work etc I had to to stop going for quite a while but hopefully I'll be able to get back down now and again. 

Unfortunately I've not got Facebook so I can't see the pics but if it's a flip painted aqroshot and a sparkley bigwig then yeah they're mine. 

I've been tarting up a shell from a crummy old toy grade to use on hobby grade stuff.

I'm not even sure if it's actually a Nissan, I just know the same factory (Jiahong) made a similar body that was definitely a Nissan and this one seems like it might be the same but altered to avoid copyright issues as it was made for Snap on tools. Jiahong themselves apparently don't give a crap about copyright as their version is obviously a Nissan and worse still has "clod buster" art work!

Anyway, I think it scrubbed up quite well for something that cost a few quid, working headlights and tailights too, just need to get those massive floodlig...I mean spotlights functional too!

uJVKVf1.jpg

lVItjD9.jpg

• Like 1