Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably the worst body/sticker job I've done on an RC car since I was about 17. (Blitzer Beetle).

Just botched everything imaginable. Oh well, it's a runner anyway.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Probably the worst body/sticker job I've done on an RC car since I was about 17. (Blitzer Beetle).

Just botched everything imaginable. Oh well, it's a runner anyway.

We've all done bad sticker jobs it's all part of the fun! Likewise we've all done brilliant sticker job and a good percentage of my "brilliant sticker job" have been accidental!

• Like 1

Took my 4 little beauties out of winter hibernation today (actually it was only 3 the avante was a eBay steal a few months ago) yes I'm officially a fair weather basher now and winter is a no-no!

IMG_20170527_123353.jpg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, moffman said:

Took my 4 little beauties out of winter hibernation today (actually it was only 3 the avante was a eBay steal a few months ago) yes I'm officially a fair weather basher now and winter is a no-no!

IMG_20170527_123353.jpg

I am now as well. After running my thunder dragon over winter I had to strip it each time to clean. What is the bronze colour car on the left?

42 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

I am now as well. After running my thunder dragon over winter I had to strip it each time to clean. What is the bronze colour car on the left?

With me it's I just don't like the cold bears and tortoises have the right idea! The bronze/copper coloured buggy is the kyosho Optima! (It's a fantastic quality RC buggy!)

1 hour ago, moffman said:

With me it's I just don't like the cold bears and tortoises have the right idea! The bronze/copper coloured buggy is the kyosho Optima! (It's a fantastic quality RC buggy!)

It looks Great! Is that a box art colour?

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

It looks Great! Is that a box art colour?

No the box art is white blue and yellow I did it Tamiya copper backed with black because it looks gold but the black darkened the copper! then cut the yellow off the stickers that was attached to the blue 

30617.jpg

IMG_20160501_084607.jpg

• Like 4

I had a rummage through the rest of my boxes and found a brand new TT01 that I've built at some stage and plonked a Focus body on and then packed away. 

C97E6F71-28CF-4C55-98A3-7E969ED5C0B1_zps

A4AFBC27-9376-471C-82F3-06CF08D2F8CC_zps

You can see the tip ex on top of the body posts that I used to mark the holes on the shell!

• Like 3

Started on putting the decals on the modified Mad Bull shell that will replace my wrecked Grasshopper2 shell of my DT03. 

Made a start on the replacement shell for the DT03

Too windy to clearcoat today so won't be finished until Monday now.

• Like 4

Took my MF-01X out for its maiden run in my very weedy side-yard. Sorry for the blurry pic; all I had was my phone.

34895230196_e339d7ac61_c.jpg

Not sure what to make of this one yet. It's too fast to be a scaler, too low to handle really rough terrain, but it's way more stable than I expected. Never flipped it once. Did throw a rear dogbone, however; I think my choice of shocks may have been a bit too long. Luckily, it stuck to the motor. Hooray for magnetism!

• Like 3

Finally found some running ground for the 5B.

So got her dirty then spent about the same time cleaning her!

8miooDX.jpg

WKjaCmg.jpg

U4dicJF.jpg

QxMDrrY.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moffman said:

No the box art is white blue and yellow I did it Tamiya copper backed with black because it looks gold but the black darkened the copper! then cut the yellow off the stickers that was attached to the blue 

30617.jpg

IMG_20160501_084607.jpg

LOOKS EXTRA SEXY, nice

11 hours ago, Sammo said:

I had a rummage through the rest of my boxes and found a brand new TT01 that I've built at some stage and plonked a Focus body on and then packed away. 

C97E6F71-28CF-4C55-98A3-7E969ED5C0B1_zps

A4AFBC27-9376-471C-82F3-06CF08D2F8CC_zps

You can see the tip ex on top of the body posts that I used to mark the holes on the shell!

Now that was a nice find, seems I had some Focus Martini livery decals around here that I can't seem to fit onto anything and I don't have that shell, hmmmm, seems you might need them.

• Like 1

LONG since my last time at San Cristóbal Hill... me and some fellow RC enthusiasts we had lots of fun.

Time for me to go out n' enjoy the charms of the Hot Soccer Mom! ;)

RC radiocontrol fun Santiago photo A11_zpsjy3yla16.jpg

The red Cherokee you can see here has a nifty handmade chassis. Not mine.

HPI Wheely King 4x4 RC monster truck photo IMG_0410_zpsjz2vz6nv.jpg

Here my trusty ol gal... facing the ramp!

Wheely King 4x4 HPI Soccer Mom photo IMG_0463_zps2venvyl9.jpg

Did you see that!!?? Hahahaha.

You all have a fantastic Sunday! :)

• Like 5

Got some time for a quick spinn with my Clodbuster, fun as allways :-)

• Like 2

The kids and I ran our rc's for a bit. Clodbuster, Land Cruiser gf01, and Amarok. Also pre-ordered the Konghead and ordered a couple Reedy 17t brushed motors for the kids. I hope the Konghead gets here quicker than the end of June.

Got my TA02 completed.... the body is a little banged up and scratched up but I like it the way it is.... so on the shelf it goes :)

IMG_2230_zps3uigrgmz.jpg

IMG_2235_zpsbaxvhie4.jpg

IMG_2242_zpste5h3amx.jpg

• Like 3

Started trimming the bronco body for my CC-01. Hopefully get the edges sanded smooth and start masking it up this week ready for paint.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, moffman said:

30617.jpg

IMG_20160501_084607.jpg

Love it and fantastic pic!!! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, berman said:

Started trimming the bronco body for my CC-01. Hopefully get the edges sanded smooth and start masking it up this week ready for paint.

We all know how much you love trimming and masking bodyshells!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

As it goes the bronco is an easy one to trim and mask because it has the basic shape of a brick! (If ya do it box art)! the T2 camper van was my nightmare OMG that took me forever to do!😣

• Like 1

Finally finished the vajra. Sort of. Need to figure out how to extend the front body post to accommodate a different body, and then cut, mask and paint. 

udzpiHQ.jpg

• Like 3

I've bought another WR-01, a Twin Detonator.

Saw it on eBay when looking for bits and pieces for my Wild Dagger, it looked in fantastic condition. Much better than the Wild Dagger.

I went and picked it up today, met an elderly chap in a wheelchair who took me to his workshop in the garden. He's got his model railway in there, a TL-01, 3 RC truck cabs built and another he was just building.

He was a really nice fella and we had quite the chat about the various models.

The Twin Detonator is in great condition, obviously has signs of wear and use but I'm really pleased with it. It goes well too with the standard silver cans.

It came with a Cirrus 40Mhz 3 channel pistol radio and a TEU-106BK ESC. I don't really like pistol radios but I was getting on OK with it except I kept getting some glitching and interference from somewhere.

It also overpowered my little boys 40mhz toy RC. With my transmitter turned his doesn't work at all, although mine doesn't control his car.

I'm going to swap the receiver out for a 2.4ghz one anyway.

Will post pics of the Detonator later

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IronSights said:

Finally found some running ground for the 5B.

So got her dirty then spent about the same time cleaning her!

8miooDX.jpg

WKjaCmg.jpg

U4dicJF.jpg

QxMDrrY.jpg

Fantastic 5b! I loved my 5b when I had it but running it got harder and harder finding places to bash it and I just got fed up with getting frowned at even if I took it to a out the way place people would then turn up with dogs etc and moan and wine on! "Shouldn't be allowed" and that wonderful saying that's popular in the UK "it should be banned" we just love to ban anything that involves enjoyment over hear!😕

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Doesn't bother me really, I just have lots of them to do and no time to do them 😁

• Like 1