Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Finally finished the vajra. Sort of. Need to figure out how to extend the front body post to accommodate a different body, and then cut, mask and paint. 

Just got my Vajra to a similar state about a week ago, although I have built it with the included GT Tuned motor. What wheel/tire combo is that? And what body are you thinking of going with? I've been thinking about changing the body as well, as the included one just isn't "special" enough.

Keep us posted!

6 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Finally finished the vajra. Sort of. Need to figure out how to extend the front body post to accommodate a different body, and then cut, mask and paint. 

udzpiHQ.jpg

What bodyshell do you have in mind for that chassis?

• Like 1

@frameskip & @mongoose1983 The general idea is to do sort of a King Cab or Monster Racer (all hail Nitomor) thingy, depending on which body I get hold of first. Which will probably be the monster racer seeing as that share it's body with the Desert Fielder. Whilst waiting for the right body to come along I bought a dirt cheap Nissan Titan body that might be ugly as sin, but god knows I need to practice my cutting/masking/painting game so I figured it would do for now. The wheels are a pre glued Louise rc mistake, they might work for gravel/tarmac but as they don't look at all like the ones on the King Cab/Monster Racer I instantly regretted the purchase.

Have put a first cost of PS-15 Metallic Red on my Boomerang body and wing.

Here is a pic of the new (to me) Twin Detonator.

7mbYqU1XO7-IFgO8LIwrTObx-ZIDHGBobzrpWpAh

• Like 3

This just happened......... at the coercion of a TC buddy....... I pulled the trigger. That and the eBay seller accepted my offer :)

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

@frameskip & @mongoose1983 The general idea is to do sort of a King Cab or Monster Racer (all hail Nitomor) thingy, depending on which body I get hold of first. Which will probably be the monster racer seeing as that share it's body with the Desert Fielder. Whilst waiting for the right body to come along I bought a dirt cheap Nissan Titan body that might be ugly as sin, but god knows I need to practice my cutting/masking/painting game so I figured it would do for now. The wheels are a pre glued Louise rc mistake, they might work for gravel/tarmac but as they don't look at all like the ones on the King Cab/Monster Racer I instantly regretted the purchase.

To be honest I don't mind the Titan body, it has a good trophy truck style look to it, it just looks wrong on the dt-02, moreso with those funky astral wheels. I think if it fits on the vajra chassis with the wheelbase, and with a scale looking wheel/tyre combo (the one you chose looks good from birds eye view) then I think it would look awesome.

• Like 2

Took advantage of a Shapeways discount offer to order a few parts for future Wild Willy restoration and modding projects.

Thanks to @s2-g2 for his help with these.

36 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Took advantage of a Shapeways discount offer to order a few parts for future Wild Willy restoration and modding projects.

Thanks to @s2-g2 for his help with these.

discount details and code?

Fixed the remaining broken photo links in my build threads...  A long time ago I used ImageShack, and they changed into a pay service.  I did some photo hosting on Google using their Drive feature, but they stopped allowing direct linking to photos from forums.  Then I created a Google site, but ran out of storage.  Finally I figured out I could create multiple sites, so now there is enough storage for all the photos (for free).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, berman said:

To be honest I don't mind the Titan body, it has a good trophy truck style look to it, it just looks wrong on the dt-02, moreso with those funky astral wheels. I think if it fits on the vajra chassis with the wheelbase, and with a scale looking wheel/tyre combo (the one you chose looks good from birds eye view) then I think it would look awesome.

I don't mind it either. In the hands of someone capeable I think it has the potential to look fairly nice on the vajra chassis. But compared to the king cab or monster racer it looks sort of bloated. But ultimately, my less than skilled hands at masking and painting is what will let this project down, not the Titan body in itself :) 

12 hours ago, iluvmud said:

discount details and code?

Sorry, it was an individual 'we haven't seen you for a while code' or I would have shouted from the rooftops!

Discovered one of the steering uprights on my Twin Detonator has a stripped thread.

Robbed one from my Wild Dagger for now until I source a proper replacement.

Fixed yet again the broken gearbox case where the arm connects on my dt03t. This is the 4th time either the left or right side has broke since January. Up until then the case that came with the kit never broke for over a year with tons of abuse. All the replacements are breaking so easily and i am baffled is it just bad luck or is there a reason? At first i thought it was adding the rear turnbuckles but after I went back to the arms it still broke. Is it possible that after adding the rear gpm aluminum knuckles that they are affecting it to break with less flex and pushing more of the impact on the gearcase?

Discovered my other half is allergic to fumes from Tamiya polycarbonate paint.

Oops!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Fixed yet again the broken gearbox case where the arm connects on my dt03t. This is the 4th time either the left or right side has broke since January. Up until then the case that came with the kit never broke for over a year with tons of abuse. All the replacements are breaking so easily and i am baffled is it just bad luck or is there a reason? At first i thought it was adding the rear turnbuckles but after I went back to the arms it still broke. Is it possible that after adding the rear gpm aluminum knuckles that they are affecting it to break with less flex and pushing more of the impact on the gearcase?

Only way to be sure is to go backwards to the original knuckles and parts etc and run it like you have been and see what happens.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

Only way to be sure is to go backwards to the original knuckles and parts etc and run it like you have been and see what happens.

If it breaks again this is exactly what i will do. I literally have. Bought 4 trees of the gearcase and have 2 or 3 of each now. If that doesnt work i am selling a fully loaded dt03t with almost all options tamiya and gpm lol

It's been years since my old Blackfoot has been run, so I took it out this morning. Lots of fun. Now I think I need a Monster Beetle.  One memory it brought back from about 7 years ago, I had a Blackfoot spare chassis in our storage, it had CRP parts, JG, etc. and someone threw it out. The wife denies doing it, I know I didn't. 

IMG_8775.JPG

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

It's been years since my old Blackfoot has been run, so I took it out this morning. Lots of fun. Now I think I need a Monster Beetle.  One memory it brought back from about 7 years ago, I had a Blackfoot spare chassis in our storage, it had CRP parts, JG, etc. and someone threw it out. The wife denies doing it, I know I didn't. 

IMG_8775.JPG

I sympathise. I too have been a victim of Blackfootus Disappearus syndrome.

It's a terrible affliction that results in hours spent browsing eBay and money being spent on new toys.

• Like 3

Been a while since I posted.  But - I've been enjoying updates to this thread in digest mode via email.

I think I'm about ready to start a new thread for my Street Scorcher build.

Anyways...  When I started my Wild Willy addiction a few years back, I remember SimenSays showing me a stop action he did of a classic WW M38 build.  It was amazing.

This week I played around and did a stop-action myself.  Rebuild of a runner/basher Wild Willy - full construction in 550 frames and just under a minute....

The Willy experts here will notice a step or two out of order - and some substitute parts (couple of my Shapeways mods included)

enjoy:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Discovered my other half is allergic to fumes from Tamiya polycarbonate paint.

Oops!

Ah ah your not alone there my wife is also allergic to polycarbonate also esp when the overspray has covered the entire kitchen so I just open the back door know. and I don't use her good hair dryer either

12 minutes ago, s2-g2 said:

Been a while since I posted.  But - I've been enjoying updates to this thread in digest mode via email.

I think I'm about ready to start a new thread for my Street Scorcher build.

Anyways...  When I started my Wild Willy addiction a few years back, I remember SimenSays showing me a stop action he did of a classic WW M38 build.  It was amazing.

This week I played around and did a stop-action myself.  Rebuild of a runner/basher Wild Willy - full construction in 550 frames and just under a minute....

The Willy experts here will notice a step or two out of order - and some substitute parts (couple of my Shapeways mods included)

enjoy:

Brilliant! I love the diff going in and spinning! Makes me want to get cracking on my M38 but there are a couple of projects to finish off before I start what I think will be a long process for me.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 5:29 PM, iluvmud said:

This just happened......... at the coercion of a TC buddy....... I pulled the trigger. That and the eBay seller accepted my offer :)

s-l1600.jpg

Coercion, thats like saying you had to talk a hooker into sleeping with you. Bwahahaah 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Coercion, thats like saying you had to talk a hooker into sleeping with you. Bwahahaah 

Have you seen me???? Im sure theyd turn me down............

Had a great time off resuming my work on my long-lasting RC project... the custom International Harvester Tractor puller. Also, the driver is ready.

Well, I've dismantled the tractor, painted both axles and it is now one more step closer to completion. So glad it is! :D

nEbLtEI.jpg

If you want to see some detail, there's many pictures on the build thread here in the forums.

You all have a good Tuesday! :)

• Like 9

Had a re-organize of my display to add a couple more :P 

d5laeg9g.jpg

• Like 12