Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday's backshift consisted of taking a dremel to a 2nd hand clod battery holder , for a better 3S containment.

20170601_230944.jpg

Chopped off the tamiya plug and fitted a dean's to the new 1060, so its ready for vintage lipo use.

20170601_230934.jpg

Also fitted a new FAB (front adjustable brake) to the Schumacher K1.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, iluvmud said:

not sure itll work on these... theyre from MCI not Tamiya but i figured Id try them and if they get ruined ill just peel them off :)

I have installed several MCI decal sets using the trusted soapy water and hair dryer method, Yes they are heavier than Tamiya decals but find they mold well :)

45 minutes ago, chevelle said:

I have installed several MCI decal sets using the trusted soapy water and hair dryer method, Yes they are heavier than Tamiya decals but find they mold well :)

Awesome hair dryer it is!!

• Like 1

First time running my Boomerang outside. I could only run up and down the pavement outside our house. With occasional blast up the road when there was no traffic.

I started with the kit silver can. That was fun. The kit block spike tyres seem to grip well on tarmac.

Then I fitted the Speed Passion 13.5T brushless motor. Wow that was a blast!

I'm just using default kit gearing for now (13t pinion) but it seemed plenty fast enough for me. I might try a 15t pinion later.

Now I'm off to fit a new receiver and servo in my Twin Detonator.

• Like 3

...and having fitted the new receiver and servo to the Twin Detonator I took that out for a little blast too.

Those Core RC micro receivers are great. Really tiny, work a treat with the Core RC Code (CR151) transmitter and are cheaper than the larger ones.

It had started drizzling, since I had the Boomerang out earlier, do the pavement was a bit slick. Made for some nice skid turns!

The Twin Detonator really does squat down under acceleration. The standard shocks really don't seem up to much. Good thing I have some GMade XD diaphragm shocks on order to replace them.

It was tremendous fun though, even the old boy over the road stopped to watch me blasting about. Am looking forward to finding somewhere to run it that's a bit more interesting than a pavement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catchy said:

Decided to inspect the TT02B damage from two runs in the last week.... Just when I think I've achieved a pretty reliable ride, I get two random war wounds!

How do stones always seam to get into holes half the size of themselves???

IMG_20170527_211555770_crop_468x468.jpg.57f97af43e05fc86dab63ee3011b2d7d.jpg

Proper tight in there! Both prop and stone were worn, but still touching!?

And then I managed to shear a drive cup somehow? Quite a thick little piece of metal to snap, but still managed it!

IMG_20170531_113133229-1-1040x585.thumb.jpg.42aaaf81d4f744fa9f03bd89600d5a74.jpg

Think I might approach McLaren Honda F1 for some reliability tips..... 😂

THAT was uncalled for, YELLOW CARD for you. :D The stone is a great keepsake, should put it on a necklace to remind you of the carnage, the output cup, think I have done similar breakage or at least serious wallow out, so that wasn't so surprising to me as that GIANT stone in the prop shaft.

3 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Awesome hair dryer it is!!

DON'T steal your wife's hairdryer, I found out the hard way and DON'T Sleep style either. :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

THAT was uncalled for, YELLOW CARD for you. :D The stone is a great keepsake, should put it on a necklace to remind you of the carnage, the output cup, think I have done similar breakage or at least serious wallow out, so that wasn't so surprising to me as that GIANT stone in the prop shaft.

Oooh.. Sorry fella, did I just touch an McLaren Orange nerve? Hahaha... 👍

Pffff... TBH i'm still sulking with that rock.. Gonna be a few days before I can look it in the "groove" again and even consider creating a keepsake outta it!

Think the scar in the prop is quite a nice momentum mind... Not replacing that until it gives up itself!

I finish the battery holder for my Lancia 037 project...

100_7561.thumb.jpg.340d59b411e5804271660b63c21d8bd0.jpg

100_7565.jpg

• Like 6

Finally managed to finish setting up my Tx and the Tamiya MFU

in my Scania R620.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catchy said:

Oooh.. Sorry fella, did I just touch an McLaren Orange nerve? Hahaha... 👍

Pffff... TBH i'm still sulking with that rock.. Gonna be a few days before I can look it in the "groove" again and even consider creating a keepsake outta it!

Think the scar in the prop is quite a nice momentum mind... Not replacing that until it gives up itself!

Nah, didn't really hit an ORANGE nerve, just about as frustrated as Alonso about Honda's lack of a package to compete as I am a closet Honda fan. It does seem though that Alonso likes to blow things up. ;)

Sulk all you want about that rock, I can tumble it all polished for ya if you want to turn it into jewelry. :D
That prop has simply been "lightened" for racing purposes, that's all.

• Like 1

Finished a fun little project to graft DT02/3 4 bar front suspension onto my kids' Rising Fighter out of my spare parts

Rising Fighter DT02 front suspension mod v22017-06-02_08-44-41

No bump steer here!

Rising Fighter DT02 front suspension mod v2

Edited by ThunderDragonCy
  • Like 2

Started messing around with filming my Neo Fighter.  Some of you guys make some amazing videos, I have the utmost respect for your talents. 

Trying to edit together a bunch of clips together, this is just one of them.

• Like 4

Fiddling with body post extensions and placement to try to get the Nissan Titan body to sort of fit on the Vajra chassis. Some trimming is implied. 

4PhHFjA.jpg

80F2ezG.jpg

• Like 3

Finished painting a Mon-Tech M-Truck 190mm body on commission for the owner of my local RC track. He asked that I paint it in the style of an early Tamiya car.

I hope you can guess which, or he might not be happy.

The protective film is still on, the cab-to-body fit needs a little more fettling, and obviously no stickers yet. But I'm relieved it's finished,

and I'm fairly happy with the outcome.

P1010051_zpsii79tbdj.jpg

P1010052_zpseueywqml.jpg

P1010054_zpsysa5ymzv.jpg

P1010056_zpsi44pdaxj.jpg

• Like 7

Got a Code CR151 tx and micro receiver delivered so fitted to my finished dark impact and took for it's first spin today. It's fitted with a sports tuned 540. The handling is amazing to the point I felt I needed much more of a challenge and have ordered a TBLM-02s 10.5t brushless. Picked it up for just under £50 delivered so not too bad. I know there are cheaper and better motors out there but I can't help but go all Tamiya. Hoping I don't regret going brushless.

• Like 1

Having rebuilt my Monster Beetle 3 times after letting my nephews run 2,5 packs through it I gave up on Tamiya being the answer for a 3 and 6 year old who's biggest desire is to see how high and far they can get it to launch off various objects. 

Cue the traxxas Big Foot 1. 2 hours of bashing and giggles later I am impressed.  Should it survive the sunday as well I'm going to name it Sir Indestructable and knight it in Glenlivet  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Having rebuilt my Monster Beetle 3 times after letting my nephews run 2,5 packs through it I gave up on Tamiya being the answer for a 3 and 6 year old who's biggest desire is to see how high and far they can get it to launch off various objects. 

Cue the traxxas Big Foot 1. 2 hours of bashing and giggles later I am impressed.  Should it survive the sunday as well I'm going to name it Sir Indestructable and knight it in Glenlivet  

Ahem, that would be a bit of a waste of some very good whiskey IMHO, you should send me the bottle and enjoy the bashing. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

I have a stampede with the monster jam wheels and a proline 50's chevy body. I let anyone drive that, it is pretty robust, haven't broken a thing on it yet, and it gets a hiding.

Today I bought some 60L containers at a price of about 2 for $10usd from Te Warewhare. I got 10 to store my rc stuff as I am throwing out all my kit boxes as everything is going in the garage. I have managed to pack 5 up and may go back for another 10 giving me a total of 20 boxes.

Then I stripped my CC-01 of its main chassis carcass as the old one had the body mount holes for the Bronco removed. Also managed to finally mount the body. Still need to paint that and de-brick the front but so far a great day of RC for me! 😊

20170603_204756_zpsu7s520wh.jpg

20170604_132126_zpsytxlgaa0.jpg

20170604_155359_zpst0mqjmpy.jpg

20170604_161604_zps7kgmty3b.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, berman said:

Today I bought some 60L containers at a price of about 2 for $10usd from Te Warewhare. I got 10 to store my rc stuff as I am throwing out all my kit boxes as everything is going in the garage. I have managed to pack 5 up and may go back for another 10 giving me a total of 20 boxes.

I often show my wife the pics of what other people get in the mail to make me look (more) normal but I won't be showing her your 20 boxes, that would terrify her and cut me off forever! Although I do want dome boxes for all my stuff...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Hoping I don't regret going brushless.

The only regret will be, you didn't do it sooner!! 😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Got a Code CR151 tx and micro receiver delivered so fitted to my finished dark impact and took for it's first spin today. It's fitted with a sports tuned 540. The handling is amazing to the point I felt I needed much more of a challenge and have ordered a TBLM-02s 10.5t brushless. Picked it up for just under £50 delivered so not too bad. I know there are cheaper and better motors out there but I can't help but go all Tamiya. Hoping I don't regret going brushless.

No way will you regret it. If it's even half the fun of my Thunder Dragon 10.5t brushless you will have a blast.

• Like 1

Had my cars out in my folks back garden, a mixture of paving, short grass and gravel.

Boomerang is bordering on mental! Too fast for the space and grip rolling on the grass. Massive fun though :D

Twin detonator was much more usable. Although it seems to spin the front wheels on take off. I thought for a minute the wheels were spinning in the tyres.

• Like 1

After a days racing at the Adur track in Sussex I achieved my first ever 1st place in the TT01! I did it again just after and managed a few second place finishes in the newly built M03. Sadly due to me forgetting the suncream I'm sat here now covered in Sudocream with very VERY sore arms and a forehead that is on fire!

18947181_10154728847146158_1134661145_o.

18869972_10154728906201158_1249763968_o.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I often show my wife the pics of what other people get in the mail to make me look (more) normal but I won't be showing her your 20 boxes, that would terrify her and cut me off forever! Although I do want dome boxes for all my stuff...

Very easy to collect enough parts over time for runners or restoration of multiples of the same chassis. I have two of those boxes full of tractor truck parts trees, and one full of electronics etc for them. I used to trawl through peoples showrooms and mention to my wife "Look at this guy! He's got 250 rc cars!" She is quite supportive of my hobbies, this and my 1:1 cars, as long as the bills are paid and I look after my kids she says "It's your money, do what you want." Although now I don't have a lot of time for this hobby any more so a lot of my RC cars are being offloaded, which is the reason for this sort through.

• Like 1