Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A busy weekend for me really. Stripped the Lunchy shell - after spraying it with TS Clear the permanent marker shut lines ran everywhere so took the new decals off, rubbed it down, resprayed it and applied 2nd set of new decals. Will give it a couple of coats of TS clear this eve and then do the shut lines in a day or two once it's all dried. Whilst it was on the bench I took the gearbox to bits and slathered it in Finish Line (all I have to hand at mo).Might get over the school playground for a run out later this week.

Ordered some heavy duty ball ends to repair the WD following the dust up with said school railings (and coming off second best) a couple of months ago along with a couple of Quicrun esc's. 

Wired up the 911 GT2, drilled new holes on the front body posts to get the shell to sit better and trimmed the posts down so less obtrusive. Really pleased with this now, might get a pic up.  

Spent half an hour with my 3yr old lad on Saturday ragging his big sister's Mad Bull round the back lane - even with me steering and him on the throttle we managed to ram it into the garage door and put it out of action. 

Big sister doesn't know yet.

• Like 1

just spray painted Kong Head :-) will wait for the paint to dry 12hours before removing the protective film for decals :-)

would be ready for a Sunday Run!

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

• Like 10

More progress with the Scania. Gear box built, though spares bin came to the rescue due to a missing shift spring. One curious thing is why the stock dampers are metallic pink? Is Mr Tamiya trying to make me replace them with a hop up in more tasteful gunmetal, or does he think the truck should be pink too?

spent the last two days painting the merc truck shell yesterday the fine surface primer and today the black base ready for the colour coat tomorrow or thursday

• Like 1

On 2017-6-11 at 7:04 PM, StrokerBoy said:

Masked up my Unimog shell for painting. Hated every last miserable second of it, as I did the cutting out. Whoever first came up with polycarbonate shells had better hope we don't bump into each other.

Peeled the masking off today, couple of areas of overspray including some under the outer film. Looks terrible. 50/50 whether I try and recover it or just stamp on it and buy another Lunchbox shell instead.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

Peeled the masking off today, couple of areas of overspray including some under the outer film. Looks terrible. 50/50 whether I try and recover it or just stamp on it and buy another Lunchbox shell instead.

I know them feels. Every shell, there's always something. Sadly the skills I seem to be improving are with paint cleaner, rather than masking or spraying :(

Get some poly cleaner, some cotton buds and get at it, it'll be worth it :)

• Like 2

Got the orange front shock tower set and the bead lock rings installed.

Just need to do the Super Bee Kill Switch now.

RsrTrzP.jpg

YQhTj8A.jpg

KVp1KU4.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Had a quick look on here and elsewhere for some, seems to be difficult to obtain in the UK? 

25 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

Had a quick look on here and elsewhere for some, seems to be difficult to obtain in the UK? 

Yeah, I've added mine to Tamico orders, not seen it in the UK. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

Run it and crash it a bit and say that it was always a basher shell. I start every shell by telling anyone who'll listen that I don't want it perfect so I don't mind when it inevitably lands on its roof.

5 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Sadly the skills I seem to be improving are with paint cleaner, rather than masking or spraying 

This made me laugh, lucky my wife wasn't here to roll her eyes this time

I had an email pop up from eBay yesterday saying something I'd looked at was about to end. A quick glance when I get home and it was this. 

762BA051-8E6F-4B29-BCBD-322C945AAFBB_zps

The bidding hadn't gone up since I'd first looked at it so I chucked in a bid only £2 more than it was already at and then sat down to watch tv. About ten minutes later I'd won it! I have no need for it at all and don't know where I'm going to keep it. 

It was pretty cheap though!

• Like 2

More what I did yesterday, but the ongoing saga of the pup of a ta01 I bought off ebay continues. A load of bearings turned up and thanks to svenb another ta02 upright. Along with the 42mm driveshafts, ta03 axles and ta02 front arms the front suspension got rebuilt to ta02 spec after receiving the car with 1 ta02 uprighta bodged onto ta01 suspension.

Great! I can get it running. Oh no no no no no. Pulled apart gearboxes to put bearings in to find front bevel/transfer gear missing and odd looking offset rear outdrives turned out to be wrong left hand outdrive so stuck out too far. Found missing or oversized screws everywhere. If they guy hadn't given me some money back I would be seriously aggrieved. As it is I am just a bit annoyed. Anyway, TA02 plastic gear set and hardened outdrives ordered. Got the 1060 esc and 21t brushed motor and all electronics installed and working. Fingers crossed for actually having a functional vehicle by the end of the week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Just ordered some of that Autosmart Tardis stuff (Tamiya cleaner too difficult to source it appears), will give it a go at the weekend.

• Like 1

Made and installed the front and rear suspension on my Mercedes G320.

Lost a couple of 3mm rubber washers but no problem they're only for mounting the Merc Logo and wing mirrors.

A dab of superglue will do the job.

Saves £2.50 for replacements.

managed to get the colour coat on the truck shell and on the first coat a drip fell on the side of the cab witch as p****d me of propper 

i have had a go at sanding it but i wasnt going to far and end up going through so i left it and put the second coat on then ran out of paint so its gonna have to stay as is 

esp seeing the paint was specialy mixed into a rattle can so a sticker might have to come to the rescue.

gonna clear coat with 2k clear tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guitarman said:

Made and installed the front and rear suspension on my Mercedes G320.

Lost a couple of 3mm rubber washers but no problem they're only for mounting the Merc Logo and wing mirrors.

A dab of superglue will do the job.

Saves £2.50 for replacements.

I'm pretty sure super glue will melt the Lexan body.  Get the o-rings.  ;)

12 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

I'm pretty sure super glue will melt the Lexan body.  Get the o-rings.  ;)

Oops I never thought of that thanks.

O rings now ordered.

Super glue shouldn't melt a lexan body, certainly in my experience it's never been a problem and I use it to glue velcro onto my bodyshells, the fumes can however cause a bit of fogging in the area near the glue but that's easily removed with some nail polish remover on a cotton wool bud. 

Fitted the 3d printed transmission brace designed by @Pintopowerto my Grasshopper 2 project, it was an absolute doddle to fit and what a difference it makes not having that annoying slapping noise from the buggy every time I give it a wee bit of power. 

• Like 1

Spent a very pleasant 45 minutes of the lovely warm evening razzing the truck wheeled Grasshopper3 about on the dirt. Much oversteer and skids. Also took my kids Rising Fighter as well for a giggle. Proper silly things that is. Nice.

• Like 1

Worked on building the Academy Visto.

Ordered a CVEC tuned pipe for it and a Motor saver air filter kit.

Still need to order exhaust header and fuel line and filter.

txz1j84.jpg

uX3jBtp.jpg

• Like 1

I (pretty much) finished off rebuilding my Twin Detonator. It now looks like this...
kA8jjsqkkHFPktiPfS2DtVjjYh2URfwIVsdUhFlCqi4SSdzbhZ0FyRvVy1Dn73MlfR4efCyDRw4VuGYVyCz5b0oG0O-RrQvpm34oMMcSNJwb5ekiP8C_ZAInXomVsI-FCSNFhycG9oHWJyuWgiXXh7Mr6Xx1v4SVOoJmRHBeTIU7a0zWt8hoO6-gIyGkyVq-23C-Zm1Ww7Y1h30ueskWUwY05_-akG7DhoW2RZmoCXMLYVQuDLpGsoeGdwipdwgALEce7qXuvdWRXklBtREnn9aWIpCBJZ1JshNOZAIAb59k3hYlyWt9Mbyx5_ZF9s1U04OyG3U7CKA8smBBSMSVrOWv0T-BxmamABPb-ClSkVGjqwp_6E0CUCYxzqp0yMQ6Dq8_6FrP1uEpK8QKYifBs-QVyb3SveSnwRWHb1OxHG3etDHj_HjmXeovzNXogfJNB8QRFXHIb0klgR_HE9G9dCFtJX6sWUlT7mXlgrCGVmhPKEbag0-qpfqykOMjBUTSfUeDPdp_yTdQm0zQQBzWqKCVQ83IRx1bZ0WiEHG2rs6D-WkEIgZqKtBywwqLWQ2c0Iloh5p9a5jfUpECZbFlEpMRczAHe_Igzh4MIWd0SKGzFSnTB83wGan-JiChwsZhinrLsEgLivUlTodl9NTpZyt54bnXIKlapXp7eo1QQw=w1140-h855

Then I took the ebay Mad Bull that will be for one of my boys and stripped it down
JsYFVPos16zXZg_rtXOs-aQkBGvESe0rYb0V4QEWpchd9T0DcAGfZlEb3a8v6Mf11kSyo-rDaJqHebLgfg4Q4Vbd5-RNt09NOrdA_mwpIPvG-bQ9-7ezuQ0Zt2bK8v0cJ3rxb7jSfeqGwXMabnOUUFGrRVCmsmkh6HJWYHf8OVzXk6a-7aDLcUIOxkPqdnb__H1KoiYCJ0_entSKX3MXs9ueCbx9IOTmr98xhNUkrjGdt7x4LZBKgj0lJuwnVXUETuVGGyQRrTk_oeNNCd-Dp3NutMHSOutlL0qH9Hw_hKo0iHGUVYoEraaUTNv0pk9Vgb6q3Awmdk9Ajhi_b8KMCgHkvEGbeRuBN7z3KjKYQHREJgfIpFEmzrfZzKV0bZTqYtXDKImCUkzUSZn_Wy9s1yNnIMK7aw2cUr0aWs5ERFik_K_3fu4wPy70Y-RYvKq97Nb4_aHDTX5Q3Z0ypQnhDPTzyq1kL9JEho9MgEDe4HjB43WaaSrl3ySCFHHWOZ6o7GWBC-Q2et9vUbkFyCRlOKvbAJTzcHzVOkdXAYmX2BkL0i7-h3it3tkFDAawu5XePLcYEfCdUTwR-nKttvy6swuBj8VB8CNaBdq77OCnfTmPhY7vwfNB8-a7BgEMvFrjsUR0Y9UEuAmRZg96tQnAkmbJya2SwjLUK6V43WPT-g=w1140-h855

Complete with dirt and twigs that were buried within the chassis!

I've then given it all a good scrub and have left it to dry overnight. Hopefully I'll get it rebuilt tomorrow.

Put a little time into my TT-02R rally project tonight.  It's turning into a very fun build!

06.14.2017-19.33.png

• Like 5

Tidied up my m chassis build.  

Now need to finish off trimming the body and replace the build wheels with a new set.

IMG_0269_zpstjxl7icn.jpg~original

• Like 2