Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I've bought some schumacher yellow minipins, rims and foam inserts for the Terra Conqueror and re re Optima. Moving closer to actually doing some vintage racing each day now. 

6 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

Depending on the colour, I usually get about a body and a quarter. I find with certain colours I could use a full can on one body, the PS29 fluorescent pink I used the other day required a full can as it was still translucent on some of the curves of the body.

I also do not like cutting bodies out, I don't understand why they can't be like the Schumacher kits and come pre cut

That is enough for me to switch to Schumacher, next cars are sorted then.

• Like 1

Another couple of hours rebuilding the Blackfoot.

Got the gearbox put together and mounted to the chassis along with the rear shocks and body posts.

Am pretty much at the limit of what I can do for now. I need to get a servo and ESC before I can test run it.

Only non-original parts fitted tonight are the plastic parts for the shocks and a couple of screws.

I might end up getting some new swing arms and driveshafts as the rear arm movement isn't the smoothest.

The diff seems ok, will have to see when it runs.

-1KmF32V3jpx8AnsvFfTSG027XUyQ2q_w9Zjf3BJ

• Like 1

Made two sawn off shotguns and a pump action shotgun for the 'Apocalypse ' Resto of the Mad Fighter and build the diff and gearbox for the car.

Another hike with another hobby converted toy grade with a reputation for good climbing:

W57jcTd.jpg
Aa51Mhv.jpg
sowmje0.jpg
afp3dP5.jpg
iroZpSw.jpg

Brushless no less!

• Like 5

I finished up with the B bag on my TT-02R rally build!

06.21.2017-21.10.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

afp3dP5.jpg

Really amazing pics.  Could you please swap the front tires around so the tread is facing the same way as the rear and retake all the pics? :o

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Effigy3 said:

Really amazing pics.  Could you please swap the front tires around so the tread is facing the same way as the rear and retake all the pics? :o

Dangit, you beat me to it, was going to call out the reversed tires. I wasn't going to be cheeky enough to have him shoot all the photos again though. :o

15 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

What state are you in?

I am in TEXAS, getting a touch of rain tonight, but not much yet.

• Like 1

I wasn't going to but cut out the new Lazer body todat ready for painting tomorrow. I was going to wait until I know how to drive but realised I will never really know how to drive so why wait.

The old body is yellow and the Ultima is blue. When I play snakes and ladders with my son and he insists we swap colours I invariably end up moving his piece as I can't get my head around swapping colours, and figure it will be the same at the track. I'm a bit special and need them to match. Ironically I'm usually yellow in snakes and ladders and he is blue, so I'm switching to his colours, whatever works I guess. And if it doesn't work then I can blame the colours right?

5 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

Lol I was aware

51Lxa7x.jpg

Gets even worse if you look at the previous post I made in this thread. Two cars, two photoshoots, front tyres the wrong way round on both! I had to count to ten when I realised I had done it again lol

• Like 1

Ran the raider xl and volition sct and did this, xl needs new part and volition is fixed, didnt break just ripped out

20170622_105939.jpg

Received a stock notification about the new Subaru 24hr model I have been drooling over.

Then got a £600 bill on my wife's 1:1 runabout (well, my runabout as she uses mine these days).

It really will be 'no more cars' for a while while I save up for a new 1:1.

Ah well, it is just as well that I have a garage full of projects to work on!

Finished painting the K1 body

9CCDCD24-57FE-4889-ADE9-B39585E483D4_zps

And cut out the body for my B5m just needs the edges cleaning up and then it's ready for paint.

79175EE6-4C8E-4CBA-90D7-CB40B7F56859_zps

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

Finished painting the K1 body

And cut out the body for my B5m just needs the edges cleaning up and then it's ready for paint.

The K1 looks great, is that your usual colour or do you mix it up?

That B5m would have involved a lot of swearing on my part, yours looks really neat around the curves. Mine are always more a few straight edges which get around a corner! Has that got the many motor/gearbox options, looks like there are lines around the back. I found that hard having to get it right for your setup, shaving a bit off at a time as you can't uncut it....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The K1 looks great, is that your usual colour or do you mix it up?

That B5m would have involved a lot of swearing on my part, yours looks really neat around the curves. Mine are always more a few straight edges which get around a corner! Has that got the many motor/gearbox options, looks like there are lines around the back. I found that hard having to get it right for your setup, shaving a bit off at a time as you can't uncut it....

Thanks for the compliment I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

I normally go for black on my cars but with this one I fancied something a bit more lively. With the cutting of the bodies I tend to score and snap as much as I can then get the curved scissors out to do the curved parts. Once that's done I smooth it all up with a half round file. Hopefully get some paint on this at the weekend. This version is the mid motor configuration, but the chassis can be changed to alter the motor position and the body can suit whichever version you have.

• Like 1

placed an order for mfc-03 for merc truck from tonys tamiya parts and got a great price on it. 

• Like 1

During a quiet holiday moment I found some Procat drive belts on eBay so ordered those whilst I saw them.

Doing so reminded me that I need some o-rings for the crashback system and wing mounts. A bit of research told me that Schumacher crashback rings aren't available. But I did find the size and found a supplier on eBay that does that size. So ordered 10 of those for a couple of quid. The same place does the size for the wing mounts too, also ordered.

37 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

During a quiet holiday moment I found some Procat drive belts on eBay so ordered those whilst I saw them.

Doing so reminded me that I need some o-rings for the crashback system and wing mounts. A bit of research told me that Schumacher crashback rings aren't available. But I did find the size and found a supplier on eBay that does that size. So ordered 10 of those for a couple of quid. The same place does the size for the wing mounts too, also ordered.

Your wife mist be loving that you rediscovered your hobby!

A mixed day of fun;

Did a wee bit of training ( hairdresser talk for re-styling a training head )

Took delivery of my grail 3D Super woofer cx w800 

Suppliers

Slept on Sofa

Picked up a bottle of shock oil and flourescent green Tamiya PS spraypaint at my LHS.  Came home, took a rainy day nap.   

• Like 2

On 2017-6-22 at 7:44 PM, nowinaminute said:

Lol I was aware

51Lxa7x.jpg

Gets even worse if you look at the previous post I made in this thread. Two cars, two photoshoots, front tyres the wrong way round on both! I had to count to ten when I realised I had done it again lol

When I took pics of my Scania a few pages back, I initially had the landing gear down, then the mirrors were folded in. We all do it, it is a shame though, because they are remarkable pics of a very cool looking toy grade truck! The detail on that Ford body is awesome. I can see crawler guys wanting to find and pilfer the body off one of those!

I finished off my top force thought I'd do a little twist with the body and do half flip paint (green & purple) down the centre and the box art green on the wing and down the sides of the body, I'm very pleased with it looks a lot more sharper in the sun😎!

IMG_20170624_111432.jpg

IMG_20170624_111106.jpg

IMG_20170624_113346.jpg

IMG_20170624_113308.jpg

• Like 14

I started the changes to mount the JK body on MST CFX-W frame

MST_057.jpg

• Like 3