Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've decided on the Terra Conqueror as my 4wd vintage contender as folks seem fairly pleased with the DF01 chassis and it looks a dream compared to the figgy pudding Top Force. So I've spent the evening drinking beer, listening to Pixies and telling the female agent that I'm doing important stuff whilst raiding tamico for DF01 parts. 

• Like 1

I ordered a bunch of parts to make a light up, portable, drone track. I bought 92 meters (300 feet) of battery powered LED lights. 92 meters (300 feet) of glow in the dark, water proof tape. 40 solar LED porch lights. An assortment of PVC pipe. An assortment of 2x4's,1x2's, and OHB particle board (lumber). Its going to be awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

I ordered a bunch of parts to make a light up, portable, drone track. I bought 92 meters (300 feet) of battery powered LED lights. 92 meters (300 feet) of glow in the dark, water proof tape. 40 solar LED porch lights. An assortment of PVC pipe. An assortment of 2x4's,1x2's, and OHB particle board (lumber). Its going to be awesome!

Gonna need pics of this !

• Like 1

Fitted a slipper clutch and a 15.5t brushless motor to my df03. Sounds a lot healthier now than it did with no slipper and a sports tuned. Can't help but think for just straight up and down the road I should have gone lower turns. 

Finished making the front alloys for my hotshot:

img33435_712017105908_1.jpg

img33435_712017105908_2.jpg

Rears are work in progress

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Gonna need pics of this !

Sure, no problem. The RC flying event is in October. So it will be a little while before I'll have it all together and setup. But I'll troll the event pic's with my modified Bullhead, so that there's at least one land based vehicle in them.

I painted and applied the decals to my TT-02R rally build.  Somehow I lost the instruction sheet for the body so this was all done with reference images off the Internet.  I made 2 mistakes:

1) I painted the white up a bit too high on the front

2) I painted the windows because I erroneously thought that the window stickers were opaque when in fact they are translucent.  Doh!

07.01.2017-20.56.png

07.01.2017-20.59.png

I gotta say, I really like this rally body!  I may do up another "show" body with LEDs and driver figures...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Finished making the front alloys for my hotshot:

img33435_712017105908_1.jpg

img33435_712017105908_2.jpg

Rears are work in progress

Ummmm, DROOOOOOOOOOOL, very cool work there, are you going to go for a high polish look or matte???

1 hour ago, Effigy3 said:

I painted and applied the decals to my TT-02R rally build.  Somehow I lost the instruction sheet for the body so this was all done with reference images off the Internet.  I made 2 mistakes:

2) I painted the windows because I erroneously thought that the window stickers were opaque when in fact they are translucent.  Doh!

07.01.2017-20.56.png

07.01.2017-20.59.png

I gotta say, I really like this rally body!  I may do up another "show" body with LEDs and driver figures...

Looks much better than I think I could ever do, mind if I drop off some paint work for you to do in your spare time?? I gotta get over there for some BBQ and the wife wants to go to the Silos again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Ummmm, DROOOOOOOOOOOL, very cool work there, are you going to go for a high polish look or matte???

This is just the natural metal colour fresh from being cut on the lathe. I was trying to get a smooth high shine finish, but the aluminium is not the best quality and does not cut very well, so the left hand wheel has some surface imperfections (tool marks). I might try and polish them at a later date by spinning them up in the lathe and using some metal polish and a rag on them, but for now I'm just concentrating on getting the rears done as well. After these I want to make another set for my thundershot, but might make them slightly larger to fit 2.2" size tires on. Time will tell. I've been wanting to make a set for my hotshot for a while, and it was a good opportunity to take a break from my War Rig build, as I'm still pondering what to do to progress the bodywork on that.

4 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

07.01.2017-20.59.png

I paint the windows on most RC's as I don't like seeing the RC stuff inside. Your car looks pretty cool, so I wouldn't worry about the windows. Just go sling some dirt with it!

• Like 1

I was supposed to be racing today but we've had a weekend of rain here and it was cancelled. My son wanted to get my old lego out, so who am I to argue. I know there are some lego fans on here, notable sets are 6980 (Galaxy Commander) and 6274 (Sea Hawk here, Caribbean Clipper in the US) amazed I didn't lose/break more of the pieces when I was a kid!

• Like 3

Eventually put the alloy wheels on I bought for my avante! They came from RC channel ages ago I couldn't wait for them to arrive from the far east and when they did I just put them to one side!....... strange 😏!, Quite expensive but really good quality for sure😀

IMG_20170702_080018.jpg

• Like 2

Today I picked up another M03 and also an awesome little Mini shell, I'd love to show you however I've discovered today that Photobucket are holding it's users to ransom and demanding we pay $399.99 a year now, no warning, nothing so all the pics I've shared on this site have now been removed by them. Not happy is an understatement.

EDIT: Even my signature has gone! Evil scumbags!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I was supposed to be racing today but we've had a weekend of rain here and it was cancelled. My son wanted to get my old lego out, so who am I to argue. I know there are some lego fans on here, notable sets are 6980 (Galaxy Commander) and 6274 (Sea Hawk here, Caribbean Clipper in the US) amazed I didn't lose/break more of the pieces when I was a kid!

Tell me about the rain. I was so annoyed it rained all weekend! Funny you mention your old Lego, I got my old slotcar set out of the garage and me and my 2 year old daughter had a play with that, Dad spent more time chasing the cars that went flying off the track and trying to stop her from pulling the cord out of the junction box 😁

The family all went to Grandma's for a couple of hours yesterday, so I got my trucks out and the big plastic boxes with all the parts and was going to change some bits over, put some music on, found out I didn't have the bits I wanted and just sat there looking at them and browsing ebay for the bits I wanted, then put them away. So achieved nothing really 😆

7 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Today I picked up another M03 and also an awesome little Mini shell, I'd love to show you however I've discovered today that Photobucket are holding it's users to ransom and demanding we pay $399.99 a year now, no warning, nothing so all the pics I've shared on this site have now been removed by them. Not happy is an understatement.

EDIT: Even my signature has gone! Evil scumbags!!!

I was going to paint my mini body if it was fine (and my boomerang). I hope photobucket aren't charging, that was the whole point of the adverts...

• Like 2

I swapped a broken DF02 chassis for a not broken Df02 Chassis..... record time of 90 minutes.... the longest section was getting the centre drive shaft in the front and rear diff out cups.... got to be an easier way?!

Put in the new alloy rear hubs and after it all went back together I remembered I hadn't received my faster 67t Spur yet.. so I've only gone and assembled it with the stock 70t one.. it's gonna be a pain to open it up again!

I ripped out the cheap brushless ESC and 27Mhz radio as these need upgrading for the next speed run.

• Like 2

Finished up the Ferrari F12tdf body today. 80 decals!! But I gotta say, the detail on this Ferrari body is amazing, probably the best 10th scale Ferrari body out there. I also finished my driver cockpit for this body, always lots of fun to paint up the interior. Completes the body in my opinion. Now I'm just waiting on some tires and rear axles from rcMart to finish the chassis and I'll be able to run it :) better pictures are on the way!

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

• Like 7

Took the 'zuki out for it's maiden run today.  My daughter joined me with her Suby XV and my son grabbed his mothers MF-01X G-wagen. 

07.02.2017-14.18.png

1st impressions:

13.5T is little over powered for this rally car.  It motivates like a scalded cat!  I think I'm going to get a 21.5T to tame it down a little.  I should note that the Super Stock BZ in my daughters XV is pretty darn quick as well!

I pulled a lower ball stud on the rear shock.  There simply weren't enough threads to hold it in place while being thrashed over a rocky dirt road.

07.02.2017-14.23.png

I do have a solution to the problem.  ;)

07.02.2017-14.24.png

After we depleted the batteries in our rigs and we were driving home my boy says, "I'd like a car like yours, but in blue instead of yellow."  ROFL  Of course he does!

• Like 4

On 6/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, StrokerBoy said:

Just ordered some of that Autosmart Tardis stuff (Tamiya cleaner too difficult to source it appears), will give it a go at the weekend.

Finally got chance to have a go with this.  Corrected a couple of bad overspray areas on the shell, not perfect but it'll have to do.

Also discovered the plastic bottle it came in is slightly porous, so there's a pool of solvent on our kitchen table now.  Good job the wife's in a different country this weekend...

55 minutes ago, marcod13 said:

Finished up the Ferrari F12tdf body today. 80 decals!! But I gotta say, the detail on this Ferrari body is amazing, probably the best 10th scale Ferrari body out there. I also finished my driver cockpit for this body, always lots of fun to paint up the interior. Completes the body in my opinion. Now I'm just waiting on some tires and rear axles from rcMart to finish the chassis and I'll be able to run it :) better pictures are on the way!

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

Looks amazing 

• Like 1

Been doing a lot of reading up on DF01's and all the Top Force/Evo upgrades. Can't stand the Top Force body, but rather taken with the Terra Conqueror. Thought I'd pick up a cheap DF01 and do a bit of fancy chassis upgrades as a nice little summer project. As I just watched a Spares or Repair Terra Conqueror go for over £100 on ebay just now and a Manta Ray sail past £65 I have realised it's going to be cheaper to just buy a Top Force ReRe and swap the body, so I hit 'sod it' and just pulled the trigger on a Top Force, a TBG Terra Conqueror Body and decals for its from MCI.

Anyone want a brand new Top Force body, undertray and sticker set? ;-)

• Like 2

Got one rear alloy wheel made for the hotshot this morning, then destroyed the parting off tool in the lathe doing the second one. Got the second one 90% finished, then was removing waste metal, got it too hot, the ally stuck to the cutting tip and ripped it off, resulting the wheel parting company with the chuck, bending it in the process (The wheel, not the chuck!). So I've got to wait now for a new parting off tool to arrive from Ebay before I can complete the set (Got 3 alloys on the hotshot and one plastic wheel now) as I need the parting off tool for making the slots for the tire beads.

• Like 1

Today I boarded a Narrow boat for the first time in nearly 30 years at Trowbridge. I then proceeded to race 4 formula 1 employees at a rapid 2.5mph up the canals. 2 work for redbul 2 for Renault and i think a 5th worked for Mercedes... good fun. Miss my Rc though. Kong is waiting 

Hi All,

Forgot to take pictures of the build process! Here is a Re-re Blitzer Beetle with a Parma Body Shell (I have not done anything with the original body yet). The only other non standard parts are the tyres, Schumacher Vee 2 and 4 Blue truck tyres, Proper bearings throughout and Speed Passion 13.5t MMM motor, she pulls wheels from standing start, but grip rolls rather too easily - need to play with suspension really but great fun.

WP_20170629_15_34_07_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20170629_15_34_37_Pro (2).jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gizard said:

Hi All,

Forgot to take pictures of the build process! Here is a Re-re Blitzer Beetle with a Parma Body Shell (I have not done anything with the original body yet). The only other non standard parts are the tyres, Schumacher Vee 2 and 4 Blue truck tyres, Proper bearings throughout and Speed Passion 13.5t MMM motor, she pulls wheels from standing start, but grip rolls rather too easily - need to play with suspension really but great fun.

WP_20170629_15_34_07_Pro (2).jpg

Nice detail on that Parma shell, looks better than the Kamtec ones. What did you back the metallic blue with?

1 hour ago, jupitertwo said:

Nice detail on that Parma shell, looks better than the Kamtec ones. What did you back the metallic blue with?

Haha,

I have not yet as I was not pleased with the finish - thinking of washing it out and doing it again. it was Parma paint thinned about 4 parts paint to 1 part thinner. I would have just backed it with Fascoat clear to seal it If I had been happy with it. I have not seen the Kamtec shell in the flesh but I chose the Parma one because I thought it looks far better than the Kamtec.