Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Looks great, you recovered the shell well if this is the one you had problems with?

Yeah it is, thanks.  There's a few glitches if you look closely, photos always flatter them.  The green is a bit thin, you can see the decals through the doors, but it kinda makes it glow a bit which I like. :)

Ran with Glasgow RC club at ignition festival Glasgow, absolutely brilliant day! 

Track was built by ignition and although tight, was really enjoyable and flowed nicely  (once we'd 'bedded in the track' , ie, broke bits of the track 🙄) 

20170804_100530.jpg

Ayr RC club ran 'public have a go sessions' which, after a bit of head scratching,we saw it working really well with the epa turned down,2 guys ran their trophy trucks too. It's a fitness work out marshalling! 😕😂

20170804_130657.jpg

Couple of runs and the car was getting a bit dusty! 

20170804_150742.jpg

@Jonathon Gillham I ran/run the esc in the same boost and timing as the guy before me had it set, just reduced the drag brake as it was swapping ends when I wanted to roll into a corner. It's made a big difference with the 6.5t reedy motor. I reduced the throttle epa to 45% after a bit of an off today  (and through the barrier where public would have been standing 🙄, resulting in a talking too😔) upped back up to 80% later on as i couldn't make the double though.

More pics and videos :- 

https://m.facebook.com/GlasgowRC

• Like 6

Had a late night and a bit of this morning building the chassis for my konghead. Chucked a nip sport tuned and a RR 20 tooth in there straight off the bat 😊 Also a bonus to find out my old dx3c can steer off the third channel and didn't need the Y harness.

G5jHoGm.jpg

• Like 6

Helped a buddy from work build his first R/C car ever.  TT-02 Acura NSX.  It was a mostly stock build with bearings being the only option.  I painted up and decaled the body for him since he really wasn't interested in doing that himself.  I get how that part could be intimidating for newbs.  Maybe he'll do the next body.  ;)  Considering he's NEVER piloted an R/C car before; I left the body posts full length so they'd act a bit as roll-bars in a bid to help protect the body.

08.05.2017-12.27.png

08.05.2017-12.33.png

• Like 4

Started my Schumacher cat xls this morning (not the best build I've ever done!) I thought the Tamiya CR-01 chassis tried my patients:blink: this one definitely gives that a run for it's money on the loosing my patients front.......it's been put away until I regain a sense of normality:unsure:!

3 minutes ago, moffman said:

Started my Schumacher cat xls this morning (not the best build I've ever done!) I thought the Tamiya CR-01 chassis tried my patients:blink: this one definitely gives that a run for it's money on the loosing my patients front.......it's been put away until I regain a sense of normality:unsure:!

Oh come on, you gotta tell us why! :)

40 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Oh come on, you gotta tell us why! :)

Need to be an octopus to hold everything in place while you then get another friend who's an octopus to put screws in!,  and those drive shafts:blink: it says heat them up to make it easier to put them together!.......yeah right! Did just that with a hair dryer and the first one snaps:angry: and I was missing one half of a spring washer!

13 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

That is poetry @moffman Really looking forward to building mine. Will you go boxart?

Yeah definitely boxart is their any other? But I'm leaving the chassis guard clear (I think) and I've decided to go retro with the motor was going brushless but now decided on unused orion 11turn formula:)

IMG_20170805_230420.jpg

IMG_20170805_230427.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo's bad lighting:unsure:!

Finished up another section of my backyard "track".  It's tight and technical. 

35995697540_2832fe7ee4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

35556873274_e5a97a765a_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

35568987203_5e58b103b4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

with a set of white cones I can change the layout to include the asphalt and grass into the circuit.

• Like 11

The kids and I went to the park to bash our rally cars.  Grabbed a few snaps of the boy's Subby WRC before it got dirty.  Looks sharp right?

08.06.2017-00.28.png

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

The kids and I went to the park to bash our rally cars.  Grabbed a few snaps of the boys Subby WRC before it got dirty.  Looks sharp right?

08.06.2017-00.28.png

Looks real!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

The kids and I went to the park to bash our rally cars.  Grabbed a few snaps of the boys Subby WRC before it got dirty.  Looks sharp right?

08.06.2017-00.28.png

As above, very realistic photo👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah definitely boxart is their any other? But I'm leaving the chassis guard clear (I think) and I've decided to go retro with the motor was going brushless but now decided on unused orion 11turn formula:)

Yeah but, still -as cool as it looks, it is a german flag on wheels, and surely there must be some other options? Not that I have any inkling as to what that might be just yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Yeah but, still -as cool as it looks, it is a german flag on wheels, and surely there must be some other options? Not that I have any inkling as to what that might be just yet.

Now you put a cat amongst the pigeons:rolleyes:? Never give that a thought about German flag! And I bought the paint!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Now you put a cat amongst the pigeons:rolleyes:? Never give that a thought about German flag! And I bought the paint!

First thing my wife said when I took the overspray film off🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeaMonster said:

Not just me then, which means I really have to try to come up with something on my own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaMonster said:

I painted my sand Scorcher body yellow/red and (even if I say so myself) I made a cracking job of it and as I sat and admired my work "the wife" casually walked passed and casually said "that looks like the noddy car":unsure:!!!.....what do they know:rolleyes:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, moffman said:

I painted my sand Scorcher body yellow/red and (even if I say so myself) I made a cracking job of it and as I sat and admired my work "the wife" casually walked passed and casually said "that looks like the noddy car":unsure:!!!.....what do they know:rolleyes:

I know how that feels, the hours of masking, getting the paint to look just right and the standing back to admire a job well done, to have it taken away with one "wife" comment😂

• Like 1

Had a bit of a tidy up in the rc cupboard today, I can actually see what I've built and whats still to do now.

I've also recently got into the Mardave stuff too, I do love a national hot rod and Kamtec's shells are brilliant! This will never be raced but it will be quite detailed when it's finished.

20643748_10154940222761158_996760008_n.jpg

20705948_10154941447301158_508887987_o.jpg

• Like 1

Finally finished my lunchbox. It's stock box art so won't put a pic up. Nice to have a box art one

I need one transponder so somehow that turned into orders from both rcmart and amainhobbies, as I ended up getting new spur and pinions for my Lazer as there is room to go to a lower FDR for a bit more speed, but i couldn't get both from the same place. So that meant justifying a small order by adding more pinions for the Novafox, Boomerang and a mates TT02B and 3 sets of tyres for the TT02B's. Its not so bad, I told my wife the transponders are NZ $150 to $180 if bought locally, so really US $200 is a bargain for all that, so really I saved money...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, moffman said:

10 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

I know how that feels, the hours of masking, getting the paint to look just right and the standing back to admire a job well done, to have it taken away with one "wife" comment😂

As Her is a designer I asked about suggestions for the xls to avoid the german flag on wheels. Precisely, about as smart as putting a rabid wolf in a sheep's pen.
I now have an infinite amount of colour schemes that admittedly looks good but are miles and miles beyond me and a couple of rattle cans. So I know now that for the first time in the history of mankind she'll take an interest in anything rc-related and promptly axe my effort as I didn't follow her advice. Yay me! 

As I posted a few days ago, I spent 3 days at the Glasgow ignition festival , 2 days 'working' on the Glasgow model car club stand, talking rc to the public, putting on demo runs on the great wee track that was built for us, and marshalling public have a go sessions.

One day getting to see all the drift competitions and the group B rally car's do there thing, getting driven by the rally greats! What more can you ask for from a weekend  (weather, yes we could have had better weather, drift boys didn't seem to mind though!) 

Some things I've learnt.

3 days of abuse and the track was literally falling apart, if it wasn't for sand bags and duct tape! 🙄

20170806_155514.jpg

99.9% of the public didn't realise how quick rc car's can go, and we had turned the wick down! 

The public didn't do as much damage to the car's as we had feared, with the EPA turned down, we were using our own car's by the end, just to try and give everyone track time!

The KF2 is a brilliant car, once set up.

Brushless servos are absolutely necessary when you've a quick car around a tight track.

Fitting a metal servo horn to a brushless servo is not wise. After getting impatient, I took to the track with one of the public still on, and met them going the wrong way up the straight, new servo gears required....😔

The RB5 understeers like mad, and with only a stock servo, took what felt like a day to turn into a corner.

• Like 3