Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today after work I took these terrible two out for a stroll.

First decent full battery run with the konghead 😊

Sorry its a cell pic

zl7T5hC.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Sold my M05 and ordered an M07 (It doesn't count as buying another kit if I'm just replacing one).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I sold my vintage Wild One to a T.C member. 

But I did buy a rere rtr Wild One for occasional use.

• Like 1

Today I got my Vanessa's Lunchbox off the top of my wardrobe for a dust down and to fit the electrics. My four year old Daughter has been pestering me for months about it so I'm going to let her use it to learn how to control an R/C car :wacko:

36355787892_5ececb1224_b.jpg36386615631_539d858440_b.jpg35715008463_2f26e6af6c_b.jpg36524065565_d44a214bcd_b.jpg35715008683_2c0f156038_b.jpg36386615461_35cdc00e2d_b.jpg

I don't own any batteries yet so once pay day comes around I'll get some ordered. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sammo said:

Today I got my Vanessa's Lunchbox off the top of my wardrobe for a dust down and to fit the electrics. My four year old Daughter has been pestering me for months about it so I'm going to let her use it to learn how to control an R/C car :wacko:

36355787892_5ececb1224_b.jpg36386615631_539d858440_b.jpg35715008463_2f26e6af6c_b.jpg36524065565_d44a214bcd_b.jpg35715008683_2c0f156038_b.jpg36386615461_35cdc00e2d_b.jpg

I don't own any batteries yet so once pay day comes around I'll get some ordered. 

You know, she might have better luck driving it with the tires turned round the right way. ;)  She is a lucky girl, hope you don't cringe too much.

12 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

You know, she might have better luck driving it with the tires turned round the right way. ;)  She is a lucky girl, hope you don't cringe too much.

Haha I noticed that after I had taken the pics and promptly swapped them round:lol:

On 8/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, Grumpy pants said:

I sold my vintage Wild One to a T.C member. 

But I did buy a rere rtr Wild One for occasional use.

Oh, I wanted that buggy, seemed like the perfect specimen! Still happy to know it's in good hands now. :)

• Like 1

Just a bit of fiddling around with the steering on my Ultima. I noticed at the last race meet the servo was making a bit of noise when full lock turning left, and sure enough it was hitting part of the bulkhead. So a bit of filing and I now have full lock and no obstruction so pretty happy with that. Hopefully I didn't file away too much of the servo horn and it breaks first time out!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sammo said:

dahm i thought i'd posted a pic of my lunchbox up until i looked again as my is the same colour 

Got back from my hols and started to look at what kit to get next. Been doing plenty of looking the last week but that has not helped the narrowing down. So far on the list is;

Bruiser, re-read @Nitomorbuilds which are excellent and very detailed, along with the mountain rider build have given me plenty to think about. So far against the bruiser is cost and will I use it or want to use it?

SRB, I was going for the Scorcher but having built one and done the dreaded box art, I don't know if I want to do it again, so I may look at another SRB build. Problem is finding one for the right price.

Wild one, as I always wanted one and it is on the to get list but near the bottom.

High lift, I like the scale look and there are some cracking my examples on here. I just know I would not use it.

1/8th buggy, I want to build a big buggy.

A tank, but I know full well I would not use it but would love to build one.

This is what happens when you lay on a sun bed for a week😁After a week back home I will probably change my mind again

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TeaMonster said:

Got back from my hols and started to look at what kit to get next. Been doing plenty of looking the last week but that has not helped the narrowing down. So far on the list is;

Bruiser, re-read @Nitomorbuilds which are excellent and very detailed, along with the mountain rider build have given me plenty to think about. So far against the bruiser is cost and will I use it or want to use it?

SRB, I was going for the Scorcher but having built one and done the dreaded box art, I don't know if I want to do it again, so I may look at another SRB build. Problem is finding one for the right price.

Wild one, as I always wanted one and it is on the to get list but near the bottom.

High lift, I like the scale look and there are some cracking my examples on here. I just know I would not use it.

1/8th buggy, I want to build a big buggy.

A tank, but I know full well I would not use it but would love to build one.

This is what happens when you lay on a sun bed for a week😁After a week back home I will probably change my mind again

I've been look at SRB's and RCMart have the Scorcher for USD225 and Buggy Champ for USD269, both are far cheaper than I've seen them anywhere else. I prefer the Buggy Champ and for the price difference would probably go for that. Everywhere else seems to be asking double for the SRB. 

Good luck, its not an easy decision, especially if you only buy one or 2 a year.

No doubt you'll end up with something that isn't on the list!

• Like 1

Just had a look at rcmart had some parts from there but never any kits. Uk postage adds another $100 to the kit cost but for the buggy champ that is still a good price👍

• Like 1

Last night I spent a couple of hours doing my vintage tires. I used the small + screwdriver method with matt white paint. I am happy with the results.

It still breaks my heart the condition of the front SR tires. I kept these tires in a bag inside a box in a cool place for about three years. They are original and were fresh new, but when I digged them out as I finally got a body for my Sand Rover I was shocked to discover they started to crack on the upper side of the wall. I have no idea the reason for this, the rear ones are just like new, zero signs of cracking!

5990c92c83ed8_tirespainting.JPG.35b058344bcf036b15c7e21774bb78c6.JPG

Anyway, my vintage Sand Rover project now has the tires done, another reason to be happy :)

5990c765b91b2_SR01.JPG.7d19c1a9013d8efff8176a6172fef7d0.JPG5990c77629726_SR03.JPG.c14ee3970a1f6226826ad4a30ac0331d.JPG

I'm in need of a license plate for this one. Would love something from the East coast GA, SC or NC, and of course from the early 70's. Let's see what can be done about that.

5990c771439bd_SR02.JPG.f4adcdcfd577a2e48da1fc6f4b2cc61a.JPG

You all have a good week! :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mongoose1983 said:

Last night I spent a couple of hours doing my vintage tires. I used the small + screwdriver method with matt white paint. I am happy with the results.

It still breaks my heart the condition of the front SR tires. I kept these tires in a bag inside a box in a cool place for about three years. They are original and were fresh new, but when I digged them out as I finally got a body for my Sand Rover I was shocked to discover they started to crack on the upper side of the wall. I have no idea the reason for this, the rear ones are just like new, zero signs of cracking!

5990c92c83ed8_tirespainting.JPG.35b058344bcf036b15c7e21774bb78c6.JPG

Anyway, my vintage Sand Rover project now has the tires done, another reason to be happy :)

5990c765b91b2_SR01.JPG.7d19c1a9013d8efff8176a6172fef7d0.JPG5990c77629726_SR03.JPG.c14ee3970a1f6226826ad4a30ac0331d.JPG

I'm in need of a license plate for this one. Would love something from the East coast GA, SC or NC, and of course from the early 70's. Let's see what can be done about that.

5990c771439bd_SR02.JPG.f4adcdcfd577a2e48da1fc6f4b2cc61a.JPG

You all have a good week! :)

That is some stunning work there Erich and Yea, I would be more than a bit bummed with the tires issue. I wonder if after you let the paint cure if some glycerin will soften up the cracks and freshen up that rubber?? The pharmacy might be where you find it, and hopefully cheap.

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

That is some stunning work there Erich and Yea, I would be more than a bit bummed with the tires issue. I wonder if after you let the paint cure if some glycerin will soften up the cracks and freshen up that rubber?? The pharmacy might be where you find it, and hopefully cheap.

By the way, you remember them Chris? All six tires spent some months at your place years ago :) This was the old cheap chassis! 

well... got the stripped screw out of my shelfer #99 Skyline......  I bought one of those easy out thingies but it said to drill the screw some and I did......... all the way through the chassis!!! luckily I was dead on and all it cost me fast being stabbed with the drill (thank go there's bone to stop it from going through or it woulda been weird). so now it's all back together with hardly a nick, which didn't matter as the chassis did have a few scratches already!

Upper left screw in pic.

IMG_2712_zpschzis3co.jpg

Saved the pic of the drill bit with flesh for @Dojo Dave

• Haha 1

Went to work and workmate who gave me the QD radio found this!

The body is an absolute mess, but it goes! 😊

FZWSYmW.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, berman said:

Went to work and workmate who gave me the QD radio found this!

The body is an absolute mess, but it goes! 😊

FZWSYmW.jpg

i hope you gonna buy him a huge breaky sandwich as thanks lol

well its that time of the month again and time for the monthly clean all cars and trucks on display and shelf's.

is it me or does it seem to take longer each time this is done mind i do have  a huge building site at the back of my house at the moment and the dust from the is a joke tbh.

Quick stock take of the non SRB projects on my list, & deciding what to thin out as this is only about half of it. As you can guess this was done while the other half was out! :lol:

35754741033_8732c4b334_c.jpg

• Like 2

Body day today, cutting out a Konghead, FJ Cruiser and a Boomerang. I'm focusing on getting the bodies done while the weather is warm enough. Dealing with the colder weather across the winter months makes that part even harder for me. 

• Like 2

I have spent most of the last week cutting out some polycarbonate shells and prepping them so... I've only just managed to do this one today. 

DSC_0029.thumb.JPG.4d0e041c2954c7caad37256d4763e938.JPG

The pic doesn't do the colour any justice. It's got lots of sparkle and also a bit of colour flip going on. Masking this shell for the scheme I wanted... It was a pain. 

• Like 7

Not today, but yesterday I swapped the front wheels over on my Lunchbox so they're pointing the correct way and I also found my old 3 series BMW shell so fitted it to the TT01 chassis I've had sitting on my desk for the last few months. I don't think it looks too bad although I have no use for it at all!

36404714362_949f160381_b.jpg36176410920_d667fbde82_b.jpg

I then decided to line up the three cars on my desk and take a quick pic. 

36404712792_b11dbe5b78_b.jpg

• Like 1