Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Packed and shipped a Wild Willy m38 jeep to Australia... paid for a new Street Devil and rebuilt the rear diff of the Street Devil I have.... Not due to it being worn but because some Muppet built it wrong to start with. Tricks are for kids Tamiya vintage not so much.  It's like my kids build Lego and then destroy it, never to be reassembled.. I shake my head because I love the kit and appreciate the detail. Bit then with out the blocks we cannot be creative... paradox. 

6 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Packed and shipped a Wild Willy m38 jeep to Australia... paid for a new Street Devil and rebuilt the rear diff of the Street Devil I have.... Not due to it being worn but because some Muppet built it wrong to start with. Tricks are for kids Tamiya vintage not so much.  It's like my kids build Lego and then destroy it, never to be reassembled.. I shake my head because I love the kit and appreciate the detail. Bit then with out the blocks we cannot be creative... paradox. 

Sold and shipped a New Street Devil, a mint M04L, a Tamiya subby shell, vintage ta02 frp chassis plates and a my little pony thing..... oh and stripped another layer of paint off my vintage wild willy swb chassis

• Like 1

Been busy deconstructing my latest Juggernaut 2 to put it into storage. 

I definately find by dismantling my kits, zip bagging the parts and putting into the clear storage boxes, they virtually disappear and I can get more through the door without concern. If it doesn't look like a physical truck or car, it's only a box of spare parts.......I have a lot of spare parts at the moment.  

Anyway, all looking nice and clean in the axles and fully ball raced; so far so good. Only a C part chassis side to replace were it has perished a bit at the shock mount but that's nominal and really cheap. 

IMG_20171002_200901549-1336x752.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vrdetailing said:

Mazda on the wall with a few of the others . Konghead next

51F7770E-05E5-4161-ABEE-07949C5F4D08.jpeg

Still plenty of room for some more on there ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Are those all of the bearings down there by the tracks at 16-34? :o

Yup 100, they take 100 bearings 😉

• Confused 1

On 9/27/2017 at 5:48 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

I prefer the look of the Plasma Edge II to the cab forward modern buggy designs.

I used to be the same way but the cab forward design has grown on me and I prefer it at the track.  I use a JConcepts Finisher body on my TRF211XM

12.16.2016-16.10.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

I used to be the same way but the cab forward design has grown on me and I prefer it at the track.  I use a JConcepts Finisher body on my TRF211XM

12.16.2016-16.10.png

Nice, I have a JConcepts shell which looks similar on my Ultima RB6.6.  Is that a single colour?  It looks like you've done a really nice job on the shell, so far I've just done a single colour for both of mine and clear wing, without any stickers.  I'm not landing on the roof nearly as much now so will branch out next time I get new shells, which will be a while as mine are both pretty new.  I'm planning to base all shells around PS4 as everyone seems to use fluro pink, yellow, orange or green (or a combo of them) to stand out I guess, but they all look the same so my plain blue stands out as different.  Maybe I should blend in then its less obvious when I'm last?  The transponder makes that obvious though, for some reason my whole name is called out which is great when you're last to cross the line...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Vrdetailing said:

Mazda on the wall with a few of the others . Konghead next

51F7770E-05E5-4161-ABEE-07949C5F4D08.jpeg

more pics of your room please!

20 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Was that Optimus Prime strolling round? Tunes courtesy of Musical Fidelity? 

Looks like a great place with some cool stuff. Like a blue Giulia...

Correct in all accounts . It my cave and no wives allowed lol

• Like 1

Borrowed my mates compressor and airbrush. Great bit of kit!! Never used one before but the finish on my driver helmet is great. My only gripe is you spend longer cleaning it out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Nice, I have a JConcepts shell which looks similar on my Ultima RB6.6.  Is that a single colour?  It looks like you've done a really nice job on the shell, so far I've just done a single colour for both of mine and clear wing, without any stickers.  I'm not landing on the roof nearly as much now so will branch out next time I get new shells, which will be a while as mine are both pretty new.  I'm planning to base all shells around PS4 as everyone seems to use fluro pink, yellow, orange or green (or a combo of them) to stand out I guess, but they all look the same so my plain blue stands out as different.  Maybe I should blend in then its less obvious when I'm last?  The transponder makes that obvious though, for some reason my whole name is called out which is great when you're last to cross the line...

I used to do fancy paint jobs on my race buggies but they get beat up too much to warrant the time or expense.  This is actually a one color wonder paint job using PS46 Iridescent Purple/Green.  Which I thought would be pretty cool, until I drove it on the track.  The color shifts with every turn.  It's so distracting, way more so that I would have ever thought.  Race day is this Saturday, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on the turf.  Maybe it won't be so distracting against the green as it was against the brown clay.

• Like 1

Motor came today for feiyue so after I said bye to last client I wanged it to find this one generates smoke too, but has a flat spot on it so I ran it under water, oiled it up, fitted it in, greased all the cogs up and then add the speed controller cutting out. Swapped over the setting from LiPo to NiMh and away we go! to smoke lol but I think its just burning the crap off inside with it being new and full of lube. Its a torquey ****** as the old one wouldnt have made the slipper work! Other thing is the batteries for these. They're the Lithium ion in the AA battery package and according to a lot of info, theyre not proper LiPo's so I don't see why really I should worry about current drawn. I have a little dc voltmeter in the buggy now to keep an eye on whats what. I've also ordered some alluminium sheet up for custom chassis work and new shock towers to rid the front linkage set up.

Finished the decals on the Alfa

cockpit sets do nothing for me but tyre decals! yes😀

IMG_20171003_224548.jpg

• Like 8

Sold off my unbuilt TT02 chassis.  I decided that if I'm going through with sticking over a hundred decals on the Subaru WRX NBR shell, then I need a chassis underneath that makes the effort worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blista said:

Sold off my unbuilt TT02 chassis.  I decided that if I'm going through with sticking over a hundred decals on the Subaru WRX NBR shell, then I need a chassis underneath that makes the effort worthwhile.

What chassis are you thinking of?

Is the body pre-drilled?

3 hours ago, Blista said:

Woah! That’s a lot of decals. This will delay that build thread...