Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fantastic VR! Haven't seen you around for ages, not that I've been about much, good to see you back here.

cheers

Nito

Finally i found a nib Vanquish at an ok price, so i bought it :-) 

• Like 3

I always liked the "wolf in sheeps clothing" idea and having already put some LIPO 7.4 2S cells into a vintage SRB style Tamiya case, I thought I'd try the same with a receiver.

So here we have a FrSky (great value for money FASST compatible 2.4ghz Rx) going into an old Acoms MKII receiver:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2692.jpg

It's held down with some servo tape.

Ever-so-slightly reconstructed the servo plug holes so that I could just pass everything through:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_268e.jpg

... and hey presto, one period looking SRB that's actually 7.4v LIPO with 2.4ghz FASST radio :)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_269e.jpg

Oh, PS - yes the ESC is the original period Acoms. I don't have an old broken one otherwise I'd probably try putting a modern ESC inside the case :)

• Like 4

Swapped the unknown reedy motor out if the boomerang for one of the hobbyking £3 Mabuchi 540 motors.

Anyone see a problem? 

20171017_233838.jpg

Not a huge issue, but a pain! 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Swapped the unknown reedy motor out if the boomerang for one of the hobbyking £3 Mabuchi 540 motors.

Anyone see a problem? 

20171017_233838.jpg

Not a huge issue, but a pain! 

Is it my eyes or is it missing a flat spot in which to tighten the pinion gear to?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Just built new shocks for my FBRx and Mad Fighter buggies..... the Mad Fighter is now standing on its own two feet.

......Photo Bucket Sux Balz so Ill have to post pics when they get their sheet together........

Joto Bucket still sux.... but pics are now working

IMG_3231_zps0b88kfcl.jpg

IMG_3232_zpsjhwpavc4.jpg

Shipped out some goodies to Hong kong fuey @Dojo Dave

I WANT THAT CHARGER

• Like 2

Made another order from RCMart for the things I had forgotten the first time around. Alloy centre pulley and 7000cst and 1,000,000cst diff oils for the TA07. The shipping was only about $10 but still so annoying to have forgotten it and have to pay extra and wait ages for it to come. At least this was my fault, unlike the actual TA07 kit which I was allowed to order despite being out of stock...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Is it my eyes or is it missing a flat spot in which to tighten the pinion gear to?

Correct! 

Nothing 5 seconds on a bench grinder didn't fix, just something you could do without lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Fitted this

0D0m4DO.jpg

and this

LIU1Mjn.jpg

Looks like you'll be up the silver can leader board before me anyway! 😕

2 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Looks like you'll be up the silver can leader board before me anyway! 😕

Pffft I've nae time fo' speed runs laddie... I am curious how fast this will go though!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Pffft I've nae time fo' speed runs laddie... I am curious how fast this will go though!

Aye,a ken, wee bairns greetin cos it's dreich and wife greetin cos the hoose is clarty!! 

Still a Dark Impact ready and waiting to go for a run, and still not touched the F1 yet! 😕

• Haha 1

Got told off by my boss for doing too much overtime and told to go home after 10 hours today (been doing 12-14 for the past 3 weeks). So not wanting to go straight home I took a detour via the local hobby shop. Bad mistake...

Walked out with this: Not sure how I am going to explain this to the missus, might have to sell some other RC's. 😰 

r5ID08x.jpg

Also remembered the servo paints etc from last time 😅

• Like 4

Bought the Top Force Evo Chassis from fellow TC'er Tamichael. 

• Like 1

I keep seeing members name selling stuff I've never encountered before lol 

43 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I keep seeing members name selling stuff I've never encountered before lol 

A lot is done via the main site rather than forum as well. Loads of members / subscribers with showrooms that don't frequent the forum.

• Thanks 1

Today I am mostly waiting for UK Mail to deliver my Aqroshot kit, from Tamico, to my folks.

It's apparently out for delivery so I'm hoping it does actually get delivered today so I can pick it up after work, along with the airbrush kit that was delivered yesterday.

2 hours ago, Prescient said:

A lot is done via the main site rather than forum as well. Loads of members / subscribers with showrooms that don't frequent the forum.

I don't know if Jason was being sarcastic here, but along with Prescient's comment, that is how I used to post everything I had for sale, the main page and showroom. The photo uploading was/is the easiest. After the Photo Sucket fiasco, I am still burned on how to post up photos in the forum and perhaps I will figure out another host, but right now I am doing my upmost to organize my garage so that again I can post up my for sale bits, but this time I will try more in the forums too. It has almost always been easier to sorta search the site for what people were looking out for and if I had it, I could contact them and see if a sale would happen, only BIG trouble then and more NOWADAYS is the stupid shipping from the USA to the other side of the world.

8 hours ago, berman said:

Got told off by my boss for doing too much overtime and told to go home after 10 hours today (been doing 12-14 for the past 3 weeks). So not wanting to go straight home I took a detour via the local hobby shop. Bad mistake...

Walked out with this: Not sure how I am going to explain this to the missus, might have to sell some other RC's. 😰 

r5ID08x.jpg

i would love one of these to go with my merc truck. and whats the world coming to when ya boss sends you home for doing overtime and making the company more money in the process. and if you get strung up by the wife you can always send that trailer my way:P

• Like 1

10 hours ago, berman said:

r5ID08x.jpg

Surely this was a gift from your boss to say thanks for all the overtime ???

• Like 1

Ordered cheap Chinese brushless kit for my Sandmaster off fleabay.

Should be interesting, needs a servo and steering kit now

Lesson learned - never buy old used stock RC paint spray cans even if they are offered at 4 for a tenner!

• Sad 2

On 19/10/2017 at 7:44 AM, bjorklo said:

Bought the Top Force Evo Chassis from fellow TC'er Tamichael. 

I bought the boxed Top Force from @Tamichael. Very nice person to deal with.

While I'm waiting for it to arrive I've ordered an alloy motor mount, set of bearings and set of hi-cap dampers.

Next is to decide on servo and ESC for it.

Meantime I've got my new Aqroshot kit to build and my RC10 to rebuild.

Aqroshot, RC10 then Top Force will be the order I think.

• Like 2

Started building back up my second MK1 SRB chassis, spent half the evening just trying to remember where I'd put the parts after refurbishing them - really need to organise everything a lot better!

37761863336_4d852830a0_b.jpg

• Like 1