Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, max69vk said:

Sized up today's delivery against their potential destination vehicle, sheer lunacy!

37899400952_a1038116d7_b.jpg

Holy badword! What are those !!!

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Now need a home for that nice new servo. Perhaps the ORV in bits under my desk at work....

That desk of yours sounds like an Aladdins cave, does it still house your precious TB01 roller?!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That desk of yours sounds like an Aladdins cave, does it still house your precious TB01 roller?!

Footrest came home with the TT01E pre-built chassis and went up in the loft.   I have plans for both...

Current desk inventory-

- The Minortaur (body part trimmed)

- 2 ORV chassis in bits

- M03 shelfer part-assembled 

- Spare Dual Hunter shell (coming home tonight to be boxed with the others)

• Haha 1

I had a quiet day of work so managed to get over halfway through my TA07 today, upto step 20 which is building the shocks, parts bag D.

Thanks to @Effigy3 for his comprehensive build thread, I referred to that a few times. I'm not doing a build thread as Fuijo is doing one at the moment and Effigy's was better than i could hope to achieve.

Luckily I got a delivery in the middle of the build, my diff oil and aluminum centre pulley areived in the nick of time.

1,000,000 diff oil is the hardest thing in the world to work with (probably not, that would be preschoolers or cats or North Korea) but it has made the front diff feel like its locked.

Overall its a very satisfying build,  the quality and feel is very close to a TRF and it all makes much more sense than an F1 car!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Munchbox said:

Holy badword! What are those !!!

Clod Buster wheels & tyres. Not in the best shape so they need a few splits gluing & probably some foam inserts too. If I can't get the required clearance for the steering they might end up on a modified Blitzer chassis instead 😊

23 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I had a quiet day of work so managed to get over halfway through my TA07 today

1,000,000 diff oil is the hardest thing in the world to work with (probably not, that would be preschoolers or cats or North Korea) but it has made the front diff feel like its locked.

Overall its a very satisfying build,  the quality and feel is very close to a TRF and it all makes much more sense than an F1 car!

Quiet day at work = I sacrificed those less important jobs in favour of my new toy.

hardest thing in the world to work with = A Pre-School North Korean kitten

Yeah a million diff oil must be like metal!

Just now, Jason1145 said:

Quiet day at work = I sacrificed those less important jobs in favour of my new toy.

hardest thing in the world to work with = A Pre-School North Korean kitten

Yeah a million diff oil must be like metal!

Haha, I do really like cats though

No honest, quiet day. I am waiting on stuff from other people who are based in London so were asleep, which meant I couldn't do anything, except play with my new toy.

The diffs were a nightmare, I had to get my wife to fit the little pins in the bottom and also had to take both of them apart as I didn't do them right the first time, but for different reasons. That feeling when you are screwing in the last screw on the last diff and see the bushing sitting on the table...

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha, I do really like cats though

No honest, quiet day. I am waiting on stuff from other people who are based in London so were asleep, which meant I couldn't do anything, except play with my new toy.

The diffs were a nightmare, I had to get my wife to fit the little pins in the bottom and also had to take both of them apart as I didn't do them right the first time, but for different reasons. That feeling when you are screwing in the last screw on the last diff and see the bushing sitting on the table...

That's when you accidentally (on purpose) brush that little bushing under the carpet and forever live with the dirty little secret that you have messed up and were too lazy to fix it...... no.... no....?  Just me? Ok!

This morning I bundled up some M Chassis on-road tyres for a postal swap for some M Rally Blocks...... so excited! ;p

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That 1M diff oil felt like silicone caulking to me.  Wicked thick and goopy.  I was very skeptical about using it but once I drove the car I knew immediately that it was the right weight to use.

22 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Getting my original TF finished up... slowly but surely

IMG_3340_zpszgcj2yja.jpg

Still need to paint the wing and apply decals

looking very nice. i think i may get my origianl topforce out of storage and get some of the parts changed also while i can get them

3 hours ago, topforcein said:

looking very nice. i think i may get my origianl topforce out of storage and get some of the parts changed also while i can get them

Thanks, wish I had done that... acquired all my parts(body and decals) before rere and realized they’re identical... wish ida waited. Only thing is you better hope your spite spike tires are ok as they are not available in rere or rerere....

Also wanted original high caps but they’re stupid expensive so settled on a new set of dyna storm shocks... will not own the rere hi caps, not in my original.

Swapped the rear springs on my Aqroshot for the hard blue springs from the DT-02 hop up spring kit.

Rear suspension seems much better now.

Also fitted a couple of o-rings in the gearbox drive cups. Has eliminated the extra movement of the drive shafts.

And I've had my airbrush and compressor out, just to see how it goes together. Changed the needle in the airbrush to 0.5mm instead of 0.2mm. Not put anything through it yet, just been playing with adjusting the air pressure from the compressor and getting a feel for the trigger.

• Like 1

Fettled the 2002 a little more.

Lowered the front stealth mounts and fitted a motor and battery. Nearly got the rear ride height set.

Wanted to make the rear Velcro mount this evening but got too tired so quit before I made a silly mistake.

Pretty much sorted the horrendous wheel wobble at the rear - no o-rings in the axle cups.

So close to the finish line...

I thought I'd finished all the bodywork for my scaler Defender pick-up... but there was one thing missing:

i-JBCSvJq-338x450.jpg

Today I scratch built a sliding latch from styrene and a steering rod - and used a length of screw thread to replicate the spring.

Jx

• Like 4

I tried a carbon sticker on Bigwig's hump intake.  This was the first time for me to try a carbon sticker.  It took some learning and there are some wrinkles, but I think it looks okay.  Hopefully, it will de-accentuate the humpback.  Bigwig's yellow parts are rubbery and flexible.  I was surprised that it stuck on such a surface.  

j4qTG45.jpg

hmcQX1B.jpg

u81udm2.jpg

MYhfpgQ.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Only thing is you better hope your spite spike tires are ok as they are not available in rere or rerere...

What's on the one in the picture? Looks like TT02b tires

3 minutes ago, Munchbox said:

What's on the one in the picture? Looks like TT02b tires

Spite spike tires :) 

Finished the TA07 today, other than the electrics which will be done this weekend. The body was so easy to cut out, its enough to only race touring cars. I managed to get the holes in the wrong place though and its off centre, rookie mistake. I really enjoyed building the TA07, I hope it drives as well as I expect.

Oh and the servos arrived today, just in time to fit that as well. The tracking still says its on the way to the local depot though

• Like 1

And now just swapped the Savox out of the TRF102 to put the Trackstar servo in. I'm pretty sure I lost a couple of little spacers but it all seems ok...

Both servos work, its hard to judge speed when I'm just centering them to put them in, will give them a run on Sunday

So last night I looked over my new built Street devil, seems the Muppet that built it (not me) had absolutely no understanding of following instructions. Disassembled the front end and made the appropriate adjustments. RC cars of this standard should not be wasted on a fluffy brainless puppet figure. No disrespect Kermit.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Thanks, wish I had done that... acquired all my parts(body and decals) before rere and realized they’re identical... wish ida waited. Only thing is you better hope your spite spike tires are ok as they are not available in rere or rerere....

Also wanted original high caps but they’re stupid expensive so settled on a new set of dyna storm shocks... will not own the rere hi caps, not in my original.

the shell and the decals are original and are perfect the under tray was never put on so the chassis is scratched so that needs replacing and the tyres was only used once and took of and put back in box "and swoped for foams" so they are ok also. as for the shocks they are original and never need rebuilding... i think i may have toped the oil up a few times.  i think they are more than capable they have never given me any problems and have performed 100% + i have never seen the need to swop them tbh.

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

the shell and the decals are original and are perfect the under tray was never put on so the chassis is scratched so that needs replacing and the tyres was only used once and took of and put back in box "and swoped for foams" so they are ok also. as for the shocks they are original and never need rebuilding... i think i may have toped the oil up a few times.  i think they are more than capable they have never given me any problems and have performed 100% + i have never seen the need to swop them tbh.

Tbh I agree as well about the shocks never had any issue with them either but am a sucker for Tamiya shocks, it’s usually the short Tamiya cvas that give me leaking problems....

Finished decaling the TF body.... still need to do the wing (cold front came in so not sure I want to paint in 40degree weather

IMG_3346_zpsksoac4uj.jpg

• Like 3

Painted my touring car shell today, ran out of paint. Luckily I had decided to do the bonnet black otherwise I would have run out of blue and wouldn't have had enough paint on. Also picked up my F1 wheels but they take 850 bearings not the 1050s that came in the kit. I have them fitted with the brass bushings from my Boomerang kit (repalced with bearings in that, obviously) so bow need to order bearings. Will be doing the electronics tomorrow so will update the build thread and start an onroad racing thread with the pics.

• Like 3