Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha fair call, only 5 in the B final!

The F1 is the TRF102 but it doesn't have wheels, spur gear or a motor yet so wouldn't have been competitive...

You should find a local club, I have 5 near (ish) to me, well within 2 hours. 3 are within 20min drive and 1 45min, only 1 is 2 hours away. I have joined 2 and last night raced at a 3rd. Since they only race once a month I need to have a couple to race at.

Ah your mid way, better than last, think what they had to go home and tell their wives about?!

26 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Wow there are!!! I'm looking into them now!!! Thanks pal ;)

There'll be a few that aren't listed, those are just the BRCA registered ones (The BRCA is worth joining, just for the 3rd party insurance alone!). There'll be ones, like the club in Glasgow, that are just a dozen+ guys who get together every week in a local school hall / sports centre etc, that aren't listed.Tbh, they are the most fun, as it's more about the fun than serious racing. A guy from London was racing with us last week, he throws his RC stuff in the boot when he's working away, and checks out the local rc clubs!!

Last week's A final.(Note, 6yr old made the A final, red/blue car, I didn'!! 😕) 

• Like 1

I finally finished my storage room for all my Star wars action figures, lego and my rc stuff. 

C98F63E4-DBEC-4DD3-A2EB-F0B627D78F44_zps

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

There'll be a few that aren't listed, those are just the BRCA registered ones (The BRCA is worth joining, just for the 3rd party insurance alone!). There'll be ones, like the club in Glasgow, that are just a dozen+ guys who get together every week in a local school hall / sports centre etc, that aren't listed.Tbh, they are the most fun, as it's more about the fun than serious racing. A guy from London was racing with us last week, he throws his RC stuff in the boot when he's working away, and checks out the local rc clubs!!

Last week's A final.(Note, 6yr old made the A final, red/blue car, I didn'!! 😕) 

That all looks looks a bit hectic and frantic lol... I'd imagine severe sweaty armpits after a 5-6 minutes race like that!

Do you have a hefty degree of drag brake on because I can't imagine getting off the throttle to brake and then get back on again and so forth that quickly?

Overtaking looks like pure luck that you don't take out the car in front... The only time I've ever driven with a pal and it seemed both cars had magnets attracting each other into head on crashes!

7 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That all looks looks a bit hectic and frantic lol... I'd imagine severe sweaty armpits after a 5-6 minutes race like that!

5 min races, you'd be fine then! 😁

We only run 5-6 car's on the track at a time, otherwise it gets expensive on parts! 

12 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Do you have a hefty degree of drag brake on because I can't imagine getting off the throttle to brake and then get back on again and so forth that quickly?

No, not really, I'm running 15% drag brake as any more and it kicks the tail too much and you end up facing the wrong way! 

16 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Overtaking looks like pure luck that you don't take out the car in front...

You have to time your overtakes, set up the corner before and not just dive in, but it's racing, you sometimes crash, you sometimes break yours, sometimes you break someone else's!

19 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

The only time I've ever driven with a pal and it seemed both cars had magnets attracting each other into head on crashes!

When you're all going the same way around a track, you don't really get head on's, if a car stops or crashes on the straight, everyone yells STRAIGHT, then all the drivers know.

Funnily enough, the other week, whilst packing up the track, with just the carpet left, I decided to discharge the K1 lipo's, someone else had the same idea, we hit head on....

• Haha 1

Ran this:

img33435_13092014221543_6.jpg

for the first time in over 3 years. Made some changes to  it years ago and then couldn't get the radio to work effectively due to an EMC issue with the all metal cab. Stripped off the door panels and roof, tried it today and it worked like a dream, so I'm now in the process of making new door panels and a roof panel from 1mm ABS to replace the aluminium panels.

• Like 3

nearly done with the rebuild on these guys....

One is going to @Dojo Dave and the other is going on Fleabay for someone to enjoy. Just need to paint them... (Dave will paint his own ;) )

IMG_3390_zpsyllv4aou.jpg

IMG_3389_zpshwntcdcd.jpg

with the wife at work i thought i'd take it easy today as not to well atm.

so got myself a pack of dark coccy bics and a glass of cheery pepsi and put my fav dvd on .....malcolm and sat back and enjoyed the piece and quiet exp from the surround sound up half way :P

• Haha 1

Gave the Aqroshot a bit of a run, now that I've glued the rear tyres.

Tyres stayed on and I'm impressed with how it handles. Running on pavement there seemed to be loads of grip from the Proline Dirt Hawgs.

Only problem was one of the front tyres trying to come off the rim. I didn't glue the fronts as I might try and get hold of some different tyres for the front.

• Like 1

We had our first Tamiya cup of the winter series today down at my local track. I've sadly lost three fingers and an ear to frostbite but it was worth it seeing these old tanks on track together amongst various other cars-

23513514_10155200241566158_2053373993_n.jpg

• Like 5

I finally found the time to calibrate the new QuicRun 1080 ESC in my CC-01.  Drage brake FTW!

11.12.2017-11.51.png

2 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Gave the Aqroshot a bit of a run, now that I've glued the rear tyres.

Tyres stayed on and I'm impressed with how it handles. Running on pavement there seemed to be loads of grip from the Proline Dirt Hawgs.

Only problem was one of the front tyres trying to come off the rim. I didn't glue the fronts as I might try and get hold of some different tyres for the front.

Even 2WD rigs need to have their tires glued on.  Otherwise, they'll just get pushed off the rim under cornering.

2 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

We had our first Tamiya cup of the winter series today down at my local track. I've sadly lost three fingers and an ear to frostbite but it was worth it seeing these old tanks on track together amongst various other cars-

23513514_10155200241566158_2053373993_n.jpg

What is under those shells? I have a beaten up Volvo 850 BTCC car but it came on  Kyosho Mantis EP chassis, which I still have as well.

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What is under those shells? I have a beaten up Volvo 850 BTCC car but it came on  Kyosho Mantis EP chassis, which I still have as well.

The white one is mine and sits on my TT01, the yellow one is sitting on an FF03. Usually I wouldn't trash an old shell but it came to me a bit worse for wear so I thought the track was a fitting place for it.

• Like 1

Listed my Tamiya Dash 1 Emperor Bodyshell along with the Thundershot / Terra Scorcher chassis/spares project for sale as I've lost interest for now and need the space.

1 hour ago, Vrdetailing said:

38314370796_f6ed3aef68_b.jpg

do these have any value before I bin them. 

They'll have a value, if they work (Not so sure about the nicad)

I had planned to do some more work on the orlandoo hunter but Mrs SCN had other ideas and  I got dragged to the shops all day instead. It wasn't a lot of fun but I managed to get my hands on a couple of new books, George Orwell's 1984 which I'd been wanting to get for a while and the novelisation of the original Star Wars trilogy. Then this evening I was off to see Alice Cooper in Glasgow which was fantastic. I'd been wanting to see him for a long time and it was definitely worth the wait. 

Boxed up my Egress and one of my Super Hornets to ship off to @Dojo Dave

And pulled the trigger on this guy... and apparently got into a bidding war with @Dojo Dave as well....... I won (neither of us knew the other was going to bid on it).

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

They'll have a value, if they work (Not so sure about the nicad)

Well if anyone wants them they are free to a good home 

1 hour ago, Vrdetailing said:

Well if anyone wants them they are free to a good home 

Post in the ,for sale ,section, someone should be interested.

I'd also post on one of the vintage RC facebook pages too.

Glued the MST realistic rally tyres to some wheels.  It has not gone well...

aAprj9x.jpg

I've tried by hand and with the Tamiya tyre gluing thing, both with poor results.  I have two wheels untouched so perhaps I'll order another pair and just dump the MST tyres for Tamiya rally blocks.  Very disappointing since the tyres do look great.

At least now I have an excuse to place another order of car stuff.