Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I pulled apart the front end of a TT02B and found oval holes and a bent u thing. I've straightened everything up as best i can but it really needs some new parts to sort it out. I need to do some testing of the motors to see if one is knackered but that didn't seem like kuch fun, certainly not fun like putting the TRF102 back together with the new rear shaft. That is all set to go except I had to hand over my F103 conversion for the front end to be wrapped up for xmas so have to wait before I can actually run the thing as I have F103 wheels which don't fit the current front end.

Also got my track set up for tomorrow, I have some old friends coming over for a bbq and used to race with 2 of them and I'm pretty sure they wont be able to resist.

Has anyone here got a Speed Passion Reventon Pro ESC and can tell me what sensor wires it came with? Or do the motors come with them? Anyway, I have a random sensor wire which must have come with thr Speed Passion stuff and would like to find the other one if it did...I bought 2 ESCs and 2 motors so should have 2 of them...

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Just found another to add to the list one day, an MR2

http://www.rcmart.com/110m-body-toyota-mr2aw11-p-38454.html?cPath=438_874

That AW11 is so tempting, a mate had the supercharged one back at school and it was the quickest thing out until people discovered the Galant VR4

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

It is an great looking shell,

Thanks! I believe those used to be sold here in N. America under the name B210 instead of Sunny. When I was a kid, we would go to a local race track, and they had a class of only B210's that they would race on a dirt oval. That's probably the last time I can remember ever seeing one in real life. I kind of want to put one these shells on a MF01X chassis and do the body up from how I remember the cars racing. 

I've had my eye on that MR-2 for a while now. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

a mate had the supercharged one back at school and it was the quickest thing out until people discovered the Galant VR4

I knew someone that had the non-supercharged one. We would throw it hard into corners on backroads and it handled great. 

• Like 1

Have taken advantage of Tamico's advent deal of the day and ordered myself a Monster Beetle re-release kit.

Always liked the MB since seeing them as a kid. Been watching out for this deal since earlier this week.

Will probably stash it away and build it in the spring sometime.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Have taken advantage of Tamico's advent deal of the day and ordered myself a Monster Beetle re-release kit.

Always liked the MB since seeing them as a kid. Been watching out for this deal since earlier this week.

Will probably stash it away and build it in the spring sometime.

Wow, that is a very, very tempting offer at Tamico. If I didn’t have one already in the build queue, I’d be all over that like a rash...

I built another TL01 today from my parts bin, also built a pair of standard FF02's. Ordered a few new shells too, one for my M03 and one for my newly aquired TRF 416, possibly the most evil shell I've ever seen on it's way for that but for now, here's the TL01.

25181848_10155269587686158_428306332_n.jpg

25344314_10155269587651158_347303172_o.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

I built another TL01 today from my parts bin, also built a pair of standard FF02's. Ordered a few new shells too, one for my M03 and one for my newly aquired TRF 416, possibly the most evil shell I've ever seen on it's way for that but for now, here's the TL01.

If you ever decide to sell a TL01 roller give me a shout... always looking for chassis's to plonk a shell on top.

The evil shell sounds ominous, am sure it'll be killer!

• Like 1

Built a dual purpose shed ramp / articulation ramp / backyard obstacle for the Landfreeder. My gf's new Axial had to show me up. 

25100182828_ecac7b79e8_b.jpg

38934746652_06f67b7492_b.jpg

25100184778_a84a01c1ff_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Received the shipping notice for my Tamico Monster Beetle.

Hopefully I've judged it right and it will be delivered when I'm at home on Thursday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Hopefully I've judged it right and it will be delivered when I'm at home on Thursday.

missed that deal, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

2 minutes ago, novicelad said:

missed that deal, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

€119.99 + €13.90 shipping

Worked out to just under £120 all in.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Nice TL-01!👍🏼

What wheels and shocks are these?

ernieks

After 3 dry years & avoiding tamiyaclub, I was a good husband. 😎

Then suddenly my fav hobby store published the re re release of top force and Bigwig in the facebook confused me.... to buy or not to buy.... then I started reading the forum about the cool stories of these releases & also those on the Fox and Monster beetle -  couldn't resist them anymore.

I had to pay with cash so that my wife won't find out my purchases. 

what have I done...... 😅

IMG_1908.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Is that so you can intercept the courier and hide it before it is discovered?

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is that so you can intercept the courier and hide it before it is discovered?

Ummmm....yes pretty much! :)

Although, this time of year a parcel can sometimes be glossed over. It just means you need an appropriately sized present under the tree. Or a believable tale of unnecessary packaging.

Of course that all comes unstuck if the parcel that arrives has Tamico, or Modelsport etc, emblazoned on it!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kyosho1 said:

I had to pay with cash so that my wife won't find out my purchases. 

what have I done...... 😅

I would say a great thing!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

Of course that all comes unstuck if the parcel that arrives has Tamico, or Modelsport etc, emblazoned on it!

The Novafox came from Tamico in a plain brown box, taped up in broght red TAMICO tape 😕

24 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

The Novafox came from Tamico in a plain brown box, taped up in broght red TAMICO tape 😕

Yes that is the spanner in the works.

• Like 1

Tamico strikes again!

Order items:

1x Tamiya 58647 M-07 Concept M-Chassis Bausatz                     

1x Tamiya 51583 Karosserie-Set Mazda MX-5 M-05/06 2015                  

1x Shimizu Treaded Tyres for Tamiya Mini, M-Chassis -Soft-     

1x Tamiya 54787 Alu Querlenkerhalter hi./+0,5 blau M-07C    

1x Tamiya 54766 M-07C Alu Counter Shaft (extra leicht)           

1x Tamiya 54767 M-07C Alu Hauptgetriebewelle (extra leicht)               

1x Shimizu Treaded Tyres for Tamiya Mini, M-Chassis -Medium-           

1x Carson Pinion Gear Module 0,6 steel, 20T                                 

3x Tamiya Alu Gewindestange 3x18mm (2 Stk.) blau #54247                   

2x Tamiya Kugelpfannen 5mm (8 Stk.) #50797                             

1x GPM Alu Radmitnehmer 6mm  (4 Stk.) für Tamiya DF-03 / T...           

1x Tamiya H-Teile (Spoiler) Nissan GT-R #9005899                      

1x Tamiya Alu Abdeckung Kegel-Diff. für TA06 / XV-01 / FF-... 

1x Yuki Model Reifenkleber dünnflüssig 20g                  

And again, the badboy star will never fade, like this thread.

photo-thumb-14025.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kyosho1 said:

what have I done...... 😅

Welcome back. Time to make up for those 3 years. More orders incoming. :)

• Like 1

Only need a receiver to get the TT02R going now.

BqDKClv.jpg

I swore no more kits for awhile after this one, but now I'm thinking if I also bought a TT02 Type S I could combine them to make a TT02RS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Found half an hour to do a little bit more on my Fighting Buggy - cut the window netting and installed along with the metal roof/spoiler section.  The driver is 95% painted to just a few final bits to before gluing him in place.   

The original rough rider needs just an hour to finish off the rebuild/refurb/repaint. 

The Sand Scorcher parts build needs probably 5-6 hours to finish the shell, accessories etc. 

And the final Rough Rider build was going great until the Tamiya masking tape reacted with three of the four previous colour coats laid down so that had to be stripped and reprimed (its now going Peugeot Moonstone Blue single colour !).

And lastly..

the M-05 Xmas pressie build is stalling a bit :(:(:( - the Fiat 500 shell is painted (PS-15 backed with black but isn't as dark as i'd like it to have been), the masks removed and its ready for decals. Then need to calibrate the radio gear, install it and test - box it up ready to give away when we meet with friends on Saturday.  Time is running out and my bathroom fitter starts in the morning, so plenty of distraction ahead !

Had a play with a paper print off of a Leonis sticker sheet on my Dark Impact practise shell to see if I could get them to work. Please let me know your thoughts. Anything I could do better/different?

20171212_202507.jpg

• Like 1